[3.4] ELE CLAW INQUISITOR | Farm Shaper on 3Link! + UberElder, UberAtziri | very Budget friendly!

"
Songweaver wrote:
Spoiler

How would this fare as a starting point instead of the claw base, with speccing into sword crit, same point investment.
Would respec later on froms swords to claws, but just for starters and about up to, let's say, about tier 10 maps, so I can grind up some currency back, since I'm broke as I wasted over 400 chaos and 4 exalts buying fusings, while trying to six link a chest piece yesterday, or am I better of with a shitty claw in the first place?
Since the damage is quite high, I would assume my 5 link stashed away would fare well, so my only questions lie with this weapon of choice for starting.
Or do you have any other recommendation?

Also, what do you think about Incandescent Heart or Kintsugi for chest piece?

Fist of all. Using swords is an entirely diffrent story. You would require to get life and mana leech from somewhere else on the tree (those points are down bottom in the duelist area).

I would not use this sword. It has some good stats for sure but for elemental attack builds the Attack Speed is of UTMOST IMPORTANCE cause all the Flat Elemental Damage on your gear and Gems (Added Lightning + Wrath Aura) gets MULTIPLIED(!!!) by THAT value. Alls the %Attack Speed from your tree scales THAT Value.

This small number should be about 1.9-2.03.

Also the Crit chance is a bit low. Inquis gets most of its damage from ignoring resistances by critting.
Aim for 7.5% Crit.

"
verano123 wrote:

The Slower one improves my HO Dps by 3k. But better use the fast one?

The slower one has 1% more crit wich is kind of a big deal. In this case the slower one actually is better due to its overall better stats (cold dmg is also much higher).
You never take the primeval force cluster. Is it that bad with 76% increased damage while using flask and reflect reduction for 4 points?

By the way, your spectral throw tree would be almost identical to a molten strike tree.

Another thing, when doing lots of lab throwing out the hired killer life nodes and taking in profane chenistry gives much better life potions for trap handling for a tiny 2% extra life.
"
GornoDD wrote:
"
kakk wrote:
Hi, I just had a couple of questions regarding the skill point usage to access the shadow tree. I noticed you're going from the Blood Drinker node through Nullification to reach Coldhearted Calculation, instead of going straight up from Vaal Pact to reach Coordination which only requires 2 points instead of 4. So I'm just wondering what made you choose the current pathing over the other.

You have a valid point here. I think your tree is a little better than mine. You could skip nullification and get to "Coldhearted Calculation". The 2 Points can be invested into a 5% life node and the 15% multi-node in the Disemboweling wheel. Ofc you then lack the +8% all Res. But I think its a improvement overall. Good job

Glad to help improve the build =). I played a lacerate inquistor back in Essence league and had a blast doing it, my only problem was that the damage was too high so I had to drop wrath at some point to avoid oneshotting myself to reflect. With the buffed Sybil's and the pantheon system that shouldn't be a problem anymore :)

I do have another question for you, have you tried incorporating frenzy charges in this build with any success? It pains me to see that we're only a total of 4 points away from 2 extra frenzy charges that would add 20% more damage and attack speed to the build overall. Would making room for something like a bloodrage or swapping the gem in the templar area for something like "the green dream" be something that could be considered?
Last edited by kakk on Aug 25, 2017, 10:07:40 AM
"
Llyrain wrote:
You never take the primeval force cluster. Is it that bad with 76% increased damage while using flask and reflect reduction for 4 points?

By the way, your spectral throw tree would be almost identical to a molten strike tree.

Another thing, when doing lots of lab throwing out the hired killer life nodes and taking in profane chenistry gives much better life potions for trap handling for a tiny 2% extra life.

Primeval Force is quite good but its a case of "you cant have everything". For a Level 100 tree you can pick it up, but the build has more than enough damage alredy.

The tree is almost identical for sure to Molten Strike. I dont really like Molten Strike for a 1H build. Its clear is pretty horrible and you would need a second 6L for a Frost Blades maybe. The only diffrence is the AoE nodes pretty much.

Profane Chemistry is better for Lab farming for sure.
"
kakk wrote:
"
GornoDD wrote:
"
kakk wrote:
Hi, I just had a couple of questions regarding the skill point usage to access the shadow tree. I noticed you're going from the Blood Drinker node through Nullification to reach Coldhearted Calculation, instead of going straight up from Vaal Pact to reach Coordination which only requires 2 points instead of 4. So I'm just wondering what made you choose the current pathing over the other.

You have a valid point here. I think your tree is a little better than mine. You could skip nullification and get to "Coldhearted Calculation". The 2 Points can be invested into a 5% life node and the 15% multi-node in the Disemboweling wheel. Ofc you then lack the +8% all Res. But I think its a improvement overall. Good job

Glad to help improve the build =). I played a lacerate inquistor back in Essence league and had a blast doing it, my only problem was that the damage was too high so I had to drop wrath at some point to avoid oneshotting myself to reflect. With the buffed Sybil's and the pantheon system that shouldn't be a problem anymore :)

I do have another question for you, have you tried incorporating frenzy charges in this build with any success? It pains me to see that we're only a total of 4 points away from 2 extra frenzy charges that would add 20% more damage and attack speed to the build overall. Would making room for something like a bloodrage or swapping the gem in the templar area for something like "the green dream" be something that could be considered?

You could always do that. This build is not set in stone. the socket at the scion resistances is prefect for green nightmare. You can drop alot of gems like vaal hast or the rarity on orb of storms.

But that stuff doesnt work on bosses and the trash mobs in PoE get already deleted quite hard, you cant pretty much delete them any faster (with the sole exception of uber atziri trash). This build could have ALOT more damage, but Its the balance of defense and offence that was my goal to achieve.
"
GornoDD wrote:

Fist of all. Using swords is an entirely diffrent story. You would require to get life and mana leech from somewhere else on the tree (those points are down bottom in the duelist area).

I would not use this sword. It has some good stats for sure but for elemental attack builds the Attack Speed is of UTMOST IMPORTANCE cause all the Flat Elemental Damage on your gear and Gems (Added Lightning + Wrath Aura) gets MULTIPLIED(!!!) by THAT value. Alls the %Attack Speed from your tree scales THAT Value.

This small number should be about 1.9-2.03.

Also the Crit chance is a bit low. Inquis gets most of its damage from ignoring resistances by critting.
Aim for 7.5% Crit.

Yeah, mana leech would come from gloves most likely, or one point in the essence sap cluster below herbalism (since we're already there), and for life leech we already get 0.4 from blood drinker as we pass through it. I assumed it would be enough.

Truth be told, I never played true ele builds, most of what I ran until now was conversion to elemental, and pure physical, thus the question.
I have imagined grabbing such sword as a starter, because the difference between 260 ele dps sword and claw with 1.9 aps is between 30-40c for rapiers, and 100c and above for a claw. So going rapiers (swords) seemed like a cheaper option for starting the build. Knowing how I wasted all of my currency to buy fusings and fail at linking for the first time....yeah... xD
You made some things more clearer tho, where I assumed flat ele would be nice, now I understand the reasoning behind high attack speed on pure ele builds.

Will do, thanks for explanations.
"

You could always do that. This build is not set in stone. the socket at the scion resistances is prefect for green nightmare. You can drop alot of gems like vaal hast or the rarity on orb of storms.

But that stuff doesnt work on bosses and the trash mobs in PoE get already deleted quite hard, you cant pretty much delete them any faster (with the sole exception of uber atziri trash). This build could have ALOT more damage, but Its the balance of defense and offence that was my goal to achieve.

It's a bit sad we can't generate frenzy charges for bosses so maybe I should just avoid trying to fit in frenzy charges, but for general clear running blood rage and frenzy charges makes it a bit faster. I'll tinker a bit around with it and see what I end up with :)
Last edited by kakk on Aug 25, 2017, 11:19:37 AM
"
GornoDD wrote:
You actually need a diffrent tree. All the Crit Multi nodes under templar (Disembowelng) dont have not effect on the projectile part of the attack. You would need the Spectral Throw Tree to really max out Lightning Strike.

Fuck, Indeed I forgot about that part. But you also don't want the exact ST tree, because you don't want to scale only projectiles either. I made a modified tree here. This lets you use LS and BF while scaling both.

Btw. I tried out the ST variation again with the full ST tree. Imo this swap version performs better at both clear and single target.
"

Fuck, Indeed I forgot about that part. But you also don't want the exact ST tree, because you don't want to scale only projectiles either. I made a modified tree here. This lets you use LS and BF while scaling both.

Btw. I tried out the ST variation again with the full ST tree. Imo this swap version performs better at both clear and single target.

I've improved your tree a bit, saved you 2 points by not getting nullfication near shadow and I skipped out on Heart of the Oak since you're spending 4 points there for 8% attack speed and hp in total and instead invested them into the remaing hp nodes near scion. Getting Druidic Rite aswell since we're so close to it also seems like a good option when it's only 2 points for extremly good value flask nodes =) Here
Last edited by kakk on Aug 25, 2017, 11:29:41 AM
"
kakk wrote:
I've improved your tree a bit, saved you 2 points by not getting nullfication near shadow and I skipped out on Heart of the Oak since you're spending 4 points there for 8% attack speed and hp in total and instead invested them into the remaing hp nodes near scion. Here

Yup! That's much better indeed. I went trough quite a lot of regrets testing things out lol, so this isn't a final, optimized tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info