[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

"
Odingamerd3 wrote:
Ok, I hate to ask such a noob question but where do I get the other 2 totems? So far I have the start one and one other from Ancestral Bond. I cant find any others on the tree and none of the gear in the build show + to totems.

THANKS!

Last edited by Lysithea on Dec 18, 2017, 4:01:08 PM
@Lysithea.

Lmao, Thank you.
So,

It's been a while since I had anything new to add, but I have been experimenting again with an improvement (imo) to wither>CWC>Skele>min life.

I know it works well already, but hear me out.

I have always disliked the immobility of channeling wither a little, and the abysses particularly leave me feeling uncomfortable standing still for very long, even with all of the EHP we have.

I have been experimenting with the following high mobility set up:

1. Summon Skele>Faster Casting>Spell Echo>Minion life

2. Despair>Faster Casting>Inc AOE

3. Wither>Faster Casting>Inc Dur

This is much less clunky than one might think, and actually has been feeling great so far (though I am still just into maps with the current experiment, so time will tell). The summon skellies has an absurdly high cast speed, and despair feels like an instant. My strat is currently as follows:

1. For general map clear in safe areas, laying down totems and running is still great.

2. For general clear in slightly less safe areas or for handling abysses, I am finding that laying
2-4 DPs (and a decoy when called for) followed by spamming skellies beyond where the totems are cast and moving, throwing in a despair when desired, feels good and still has super-fast clear.

3.Wither is used only for bossing, and only in those moments when one feels safe enough and skellies and despair are already working. When it is used, faster casting+inc dur get us to max stacks in about 2 secs and maintain them for another 3. Overall dps against bosses feels considerably better with the fast options of skellies/despair, adding wither only periodically (or not at all).

What I love most is never needing to hold still to get the skellies up super fast. They are, all by themselves, the lion's share of our extra damage.

Anyway, hope you all continue to enjoy the build. Try the new tech if you like and give me feedback.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Dec 18, 2017, 10:57:40 PM

Level 87 Softcore without any problems so far, all maps are doable with ease. T12 highest so far, no problems what so ever.

Uber Lab is a joke.

Next step is getting a helmet with minion life, and adding another gem to my channel setup.

I switch between faster casting and Conc effect for trash/bosses when needed.

Love the build!
Hi, I have a tree question- I noticed that the lvl76 and 93 trees on page one are not like what you have on your actual characters _Atheno_ and Tru_Darkness. Are those experiments and I should just follow the guide? Or tree improvements and I should follow one of those?

Also, I'm lvl 76 doing Tier 5/6 maps but die pretty regularly- mostly it seems due to stun which is why the trees on your characters looks so interesting with Unwavering Stance.

Here's my current eq, suggestions welcome!
Re: Variants

I have tried probably over a dozen different variations of this build out at this point to test various ideas. All of them have succeeded to some significant degree with different pros and cons. If you turn to page 49 of the thread, I made a post with my opinions about the different pros and cons of the various main choices. (to which you can now add the tech of ditching CWC and separating out wither despair and skellies) The truth is that many of the choices really are matters of taste, and you should go with what feels good/sounds fun to you. Originally the build guide was only meant to be a jumping off point, as I posted it originally before fully exploring the build in all of its options. (No regrets on that count, as the level of improvement in the build by having the community try it out and post feedback has been spectacular)

All that said, I think Lysithea has had the most success, taking the build all the way to lvl 100, and I suspect you wouldn't go wrong following the specs he used, which I believe are also posted on page 49.

[Edit] I just went back and edited the gem links section of the guide, as I do understand that it has gotten quite out of date at this point.

Re: Stuns

Definitely recommend 1 of three cures--which you choose is a matter of taste:

1. Follow the tree with unwavering stance in it. Less EHP, but safer feeling on this count.
2. Make sure you have Brine King Pantheon, which is a soft fix (will prevent chain stuns, but still can die of a single badly timed stun
3. Slow down a little. If you cultivate a play style where you summon the totems at full range, move up to behind them, and them spam skellies past them at anything in sight, you will suffer stuns much less frequently.

Re: Gear

With no offense intended, your gear is in dire need of upgrades and is probably what is really responsible for your deaths. Flat life and mana in much greater quantity are what you need, and they can be found pretty inexpensively right now. A good rule of thumb for the version without uniques is to shoot for +600-800 total flat life on gear (including bonuses from 1/2 strength) and +300-400 total flat mana on gear (including bonuses from 1/2 int). Call it a goal of +500-600 life and +200-300 Mana for the version running Devoto's and Dream Fragments. Obviously the very top end of this will not be achievable for a while, but even +200 mana and +500 life will improve your situation quite a bit and require only a relatively small investment.

(You are currently at +249 life and +0 mana. Assuming only a 150% inc on each on your tree [tree gets more than this over time] you are currently operating at over 1300 EHP below my minimum recommendations.)

Hope this helps.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Dec 20, 2017, 3:05:51 AM
Just want to share some items I got so far as well as some thought on the build. Maybe someone would find it interesting and something to aim for.
Or share some reasonable thoughts on why its not worth it.

1.Recently bought a nice helm with +2 lvls to minion gems along with hm mp and some res for 18c.

But now im thinking about that new "socketed gems are supporten with minion life support" mod...

2.Due to Apep's rage is relatively cheap, it was pretty easy (about 30-40 attempts) to get Culling Strike on it

I was just buying ones with 29+ cast speed, 9+ chaos res and 78+ chaos damage to spells fot 1c.
So I spent ~50c including vaal orbs.
I now have less DPS because the implicit gives 38-42% spell damage (tooltip dropped from 27k to 26k at that moment).
But overall its up to 10% more dps (especially on bosses) due to culling strike.
Also thinking about further buying Biscos or some IIQ items for bosses so that it would benefit more in party.

3. Also I dont understand why do you say its OK to use Tabula even after reaching maps. You can buy any 6-link that gives ES and roll it as you want. It would cost not more than 30c.
Ive bought 11 cards "The chains that bind" for 2c each and got this

So I spent 22c on it at the start of the league while Tabula was 25c+
Yess I was lucky to get one with ES but otherwise I could sell it with no loss.
P.S. A very interesting mod "0.6% ES regen per second" on chest regens your ES even if you are taking damage. So you always have 50% chance to avoid being stunned.
Last edited by HuKoJIAuKA on Dec 20, 2017, 8:27:21 AM
With the possible rolls to chaos spell dmg from the abyss jewels i see myself eying to replace one apep´s with a Trolltimber Spire to get some aoe back and more lifereg + leech.

Atm i´m using a Memory Vault as helmet reserving Clarity and Blasphemy + Enfeeble on mana. Thats ~1500 extra base Armor for me at level 79. I can chill in abyss cracks up to t7 right now maybe higher if i find some higher maps tomorrow, we´ll see.

Endgame (dream) gear would be a chaos Impresence for dualcurse (6 skillpoints or vaal) and a watchers eye for clarity (upping MoM to 50% and base ES from Mana).

With that gear i´d end up at about 7k hp, 3k ES, 3.5k mana (~1800 unreserved) and ~10k armor.
Regen would be 750 life and 470 mana / second. Leech about 700 / totem so way over cap.

Full Tree: http://poeurl.com/bG6Q (dualcurse & scion connection (unique jewel maybe) last)

Any thoughts especially on Trolltimber when we can get the chaos from 4 jewels + neck?
How do I get quad golems guys? I can only summon one? Thank you
"
Pikey23 wrote:
How do I get quad golems guys? I can only summon one? Thank you

To have and place 4 totems (not golems I guess) at the same time, there are several steps to follow.

First, you have to get the talent "Ancestral Bond" (top left of the start of the Templar, after that only your 2 totems can do damage).

Second, you will need to do the normal and cruel labyrinth to specialize in Hierophant and take the talents "Pursuit of Faith" and "Ritual of Awakening", after that you can place 4 totems at the same time.

I hope it will help you. And glad you chose this build as your first.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info