[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

"
3. Also I dont understand why do you say its OK to use Tabula even after reaching maps. You can buy any 6-link that gives ES and roll it as you want. It would cost not more than 30c.

I think they said it because it IS okay to use Tabula in early maps. This build rolls right through the first several tiers of maps with just a Tabula, and a lot of players might not have 30c yet when they start maps, if they just power-levelled instead of taking time to do the chaos recipe and/or sell stuff. I had a Tabula drop early on, and by the time I reached maps I had maybe 5c to my name, but the Tabula was fine until I could afford something else.
"
Zareva wrote:
"
Pikey23 wrote:
How do I get quad golems guys? I can only summon one? Thank you

To have and place 4 totems (not golems I guess) at the same time, there are several steps to follow.

First, you have to get the talent "Ancestral Bond" (top left of the start of the Templar, after that only your 2 totems can do damage).

Second, you will need to do the normal and cruel labyrinth to specialize in Hierophant and take the talents "Pursuit of Faith" and "Ritual of Awakening", after that you can place 4 totems at the same time.

I hope it will help you. And glad you chose this build as your first.

thank you for this very much! :)
I have some questions I need answered, please <3!

BiS stats on jewels in 3.1? I'm thinking the 30+% abyss dmg is really useful to have on every jewel, yes?
How much res do I need on my totems? Should I get it from tree or jewels?
After Chemistry, go for Ironwood and unwavering?

Is self-cast skeles and wither a must? Never used it in 3.0.

Thank you for replies, fellas.
Last edited by TheLastWound on Dec 21, 2017, 7:07:12 PM
"
Orion72 wrote:
Re: Variants

Hope this helps.

-O

This was really helpful. Thank you!
Synergy with the new tech:

There is a cool combo I have stumbled across that I wish to share with you:

I am currently using these jewels and have tested this interaction:

When using the Summon skellies>fast cast>spell echo>min life set up, a skelly "dies" on the third cast (since you will cast 6 and have a limit of 5), triggering the conditional cast speed buff on jewels with this mod. Those three casts happen in roughly 3/4 of a second, resulting in almost permanent uptime for extra cast speed during fights, since you are casting skellies to aim your totems anyway. This is translating into roughly 15% _more_ damage for those three jewels (not to mention faster re-summoning of totems&skellies and a faster, smoother flame dash during the fight), while allowing space for bonus life/mana/res. I see this as being extremely efficient. Enjoy if you try it.

-O
Additional note re: Devotos/Fragments vs rares decision:

I posted earlier that this choice is a matter of taste and that I had previously favored the devotos/fragments set up.

This is not true for abyss/war for the atlas. Not one bit.

Given the number of Mobs and damage output found both in abysses and in Elder influenced maps (to say nothing of Lich fights and the Elder boss fights) I have a definite, strong preference for going all rares (except for Apeps) and making the build as tanky as it can be. The difference between my first two frustrating tries this league (where I went with the uniques version) and my current one is dramatic.

As always, ymmv.

-O
why use clear mind if you don't run out of mana?
For the boost to damage and boost to regen.
A well rolled clear mind is 55-60% inc damage on one jewel.
The regen of mana is like life regen on a non-mom build--we replenish a portion of our EHP.

-O
but we are mostly full of mana right?
so if no mana reserved = more dmg or I am wrong?
We don't reserve any Mana for auras and such. Therefore we get the damage bonus. That simple.

-O

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info