[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

The build guide has now been updated for 3.2!

The Hierophant have gotten some nice changes. For us this means that besides what we used to get, we now also benefit from:

+ 100% Increased Totem Duration
+ 50% Totem Placement Speed
+ 0.5% Mana regen per second per totem
+ 1% Life regen per second per totem (for totems and templar)
+ 1 Additional Totem with Pursuit of Faith (With Ancestral bond that is 3 totems after Normal lab!!)
+ 1 Additional Totem from Ritual of Awakening
+ Totems no longer suffer a "less%" multiplier = HUGE damage boost.

+ 50% chance to gain a power charge when placing a totem (This is a huge QoL upgrade. No longer do we need orb of storms + power charge on crit to sustain charges on boss fights)
+ 5% reduced elemental damage taken while we have an endurance charge
+ Damage Penetrates 5% Ele resist while we have a power charge.

General changes to the build:
- Removed The Pandemonius amulet. I do not think it is worth the cost and a life + spell damage and crit multi amulet is just as good, if not better because of the additional utility it provides.
- Removed Rumi's Concoction. A well rolled basalt flask is simply better late game.
- Updated the skill-gem setup section to fit in Frost Bomb (more damage), Arcane Surge setup and Frostbolt gem priority.
- We now use a Lightning Golem instead of a Flame golem for more damage overall.

TL:DR We have been buffed, there are no nerfs! HIEROPHANTS REJOICE, OUR PURSUIT OF FAITH HAVE FINALLY PAID OF!

For now I have simply updated and polished the build as you know it from 3.0/3.1. This means it still utilizes Ancestral Bond for 4 totems, which is great, but I am curious about making it work without Ancestral Bond and instead relying 3 totems, but also having a dedicated single target damage setup in the chest. This is going to require some testing however and I wont be able to do that before a week or 2 into the league. If I come up with something good I'll post it here.

For now stick to the old version, but feel free to go dagger + shield if you prefer! =)

Good luck in Bestiary League guys!
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Mar 2, 2018, 10:17:40 AM
"

TL:DR We have been buffed, there are no nerfs! HIEROPHANTS REJOICE, OUR PURSUIT OF FAITH HAVE FINALLY PAID OF!

Good luck in Bestiary League guys!

Thanks for the THICC update can't wait to run this on hardcore still undecided if I go lightning warp or flame surge but rest looks solid AF
Second-class poe gamer
Hai Lift.. im back play this game because of you.. pls update 3.2 gear, and passive skill.. thanks a lot..
did this build last league and had fun with it so will do it again as a starter,thanks for the update
What are your opinions on going for 2x kikazaru + self flagellation + soul mantle combo early, if you can afford them and transitioning into new atziri shield for endgame? Would the remaining 20% effect of curses affect the character too much?
"
Millennium wrote:
"
FreedomOI wrote:

I played around with my pob after your post:

1. 2x Shimmeron is the highest dps
2. 2x Spelldagger(5ex ea.) with 6/3 pcharges is -20/-30%
3. 1x Shimmer with 6charges is -27%
4. 1x Shimmer with 3 charges is -44%
5. 1x Dagger with 3 charges is -46%

I think it all comes down to what you want to do and how you want to do it. If your are fine to manage curses with flask and want to farm bosses dual Shimms are by far the best. If you just want to speedfarm maps its option 5. The Dagger(s)and/or Shield option is also a lot more expensive.
I think I will stick to Shimms for week 1 at least and make myself a second setup when I got the currency.

If you skip Devine Guidance you loose 10% MoM Effect and a ton of Mana, that imho is the drawback not the pcharge generation. I am going for 50% MoM(watchers eye clarity) so not an option. Illuminated Devotion as a standalone is crap so pcharges is the better way, I also have 3 echarges which I would loose, again a defensive drawback. You also only get a lvl1 surge while manually you can get a lvl 8-12.

Can you compare shimmeron + void battery to 2x shimmerons in pob?

Exactly the same dps +0.1% since void is much more expensive ...
dude u're awesome
Deciding between this build and GC totems for SSF starter.

Any suggestions? My main hesitation with this build is the fact I need a second threshold jewel. Can it work well without it?
Still same points on Ascendencies =D ?
Hai Lift.im newbie..
Can u show me your gear? I wanna know what name for the boots, amulet, etc. And where to put the game..
so i can search in poe trade.. thanks for your help, sorry for my stupid question.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info