[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

"
NintendoJesus wrote:
"
corosou wrote:
Quick 3.2 update!!

Updated main post with EO/Crit Tectonic Slam Jugg Variant ;)

You can modify this to use other weapons. For example, if you chose to go with swords, you could pretty much swap skills between BF and Tectonic. Just remember to modify the x-y phy dmg roll on jewels to the appropriate weapon type you'd like to use.

If full life is an issue, some damage can be sacrificed for another option. DPS is not a problem.

I also still need to determine the effect in DPS from the stat-stick. PoB is showing DPS is plenty, but the with Tectonic it should be using the stat-stick to attack. Gotta test that...

https://pastebin.com/V2Tg4G8b

I believe TecSlam only uses main hand like Sunder so stat stick should be great.

I dunno about the Frostbreath though, aren't shaper/guards effectively chill immune or has that changed recently?

I honestly don't know. I just saw the the DPS from it and it looked good, but of course still haven't tested it. I dunno the details of what end-game bosses are immune to chill if any.

And speaking of Frostbreath, that reminds me I forgot to swap Whirling Blades to something else in the PoB export... Anyway, I'll fix it later.
"
corosou wrote:
"
NintendoJesus wrote:
"
corosou wrote:
Quick 3.2 update!!

Updated main post with EO/Crit Tectonic Slam Jugg Variant ;)

You can modify this to use other weapons. For example, if you chose to go with swords, you could pretty much swap skills between BF and Tectonic. Just remember to modify the x-y phy dmg roll on jewels to the appropriate weapon type you'd like to use.

If full life is an issue, some damage can be sacrificed for another option. DPS is not a problem.

I also still need to determine the effect in DPS from the stat-stick. PoB is showing DPS is plenty, but the with Tectonic it should be using the stat-stick to attack. Gotta test that...

https://pastebin.com/V2Tg4G8b

I believe TecSlam only uses main hand like Sunder so stat stick should be great.

I dunno about the Frostbreath though, aren't shaper/guards effectively chill immune or has that changed recently?

I honestly don't know. I just saw the the DPS from it and it looked good, but of course still haven't tested it. I dunno the details of what end-game bosses are immune to chill if any.

And speaking of Frostbreath, that reminds me I forgot to swap Whirling Blades to something else in the PoB export... Anyway, I'll fix it later.

Ya, not sure either. Also, I'm afraid to report that TecSlam thus far seems underwhelming. I have been unable to sustain Endurance charges. It's not even close really. Unfortunate.
Can we get anything useful from Bestiary for this build?
Maybe for leveling?
"
klisman wrote:
Can we get anything useful from Bestiary for this build?
Maybe for leveling?

TBH, I am so irritated by the issues with the league that I barely bother to look at it.

You can craft the speed boots, lvling it, since there's a lowbie quest to craft something anyway.
"
NintendoJesus wrote:

Ya, not sure either. Also, I'm afraid to report that TecSlam thus far seems underwhelming. I have been unable to sustain Endurance charges. It's not even close really. Unfortunate.

Yes, I agree. It's a faster Sunder that looks like Abyss fissures and spends your Endurance charges at a ridiculous rate with a DW setup like what I'm using.

Still, as far as usability itself, it works... I just got into mapping with 4L and about 5c budget.

I've also only completed Unflinching/Undeniable, so the build is viable.

Here's my crappy gear so far for anyone interested in a super budget option:

EDIT: Just bought to start testing:

Last edited by corosou on Mar 3, 2018, 6:51:18 PM
so HC, played to long, died to Kitava act 5.
didnt prepare properly.
Titanic_two is alive and reached L70 today.

a 5 link atm with flurry which works ok.
Kitava act 10 tomorow...
Last edited by skjutengris on Mar 3, 2018, 7:59:13 PM
"
skjutengris wrote:
didnt prepare properly.

Kitava act 10 tomorow...

Thanks for the update! GL tomorrow!

Any chance you can make your characters public? I wanna take a look.
Last edited by corosou on Mar 3, 2018, 8:33:48 PM
"
corosou wrote:
"
skjutengris wrote:
didnt prepare properly.

Kitava act 10 tomorow...

sure
Quick 3.2 update...

Ello boys and girls following!

I just wanted to share what the TecJugg is looking like after several changes I made today.

First, just a word on performance. I think the general consensus is that the skill itself is rather lack-luster, but as far as usability goes, it definitely gets the job done.

Here is the gear I'm using right now:

I have to say this is a pretty nice little setup. Most expensive item was the BoR at 11c.

The most relevant change is the addition of Orb of Storms. This setup using increased crit strikes makes it so that Elemental Overload is pretty much 100% up, which as you may have noticed, provides an insane boost in DPS to the build.

As far as survivability, it's pretty strong too. After the lastest batch of changes, I didn't notice I was 10% low on cold/lightning res and did a T6 no prob...

I'll update the main thread later with an updated PoB export with the latest changes. For now just import my character to stay upto date.

GL!
"
skjutengris wrote:
"
corosou wrote:
"
skjutengris wrote:
didnt prepare properly.

Kitava act 10 tomorow...

sure

Looking good! Vaal DD ;) lol! I had never thought of it, but I guess it is a good skill to use in HC so you can get rid of corpses that could be detonated on you. Just assuming that's why you went with that option... maybe just cuz it's really fun ;)

EDIT: BTW, try to fit in Orb of Storms + Increased Crit Strikes. It will help a lot with EO uptime.
Last edited by corosou on Mar 4, 2018, 5:55:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info