[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

i see that like 90% of the stuff on the guide is about vaal double strike and only a passing mention or two of frost blades. is the marauder skill tree accurate for a frost blades build? (https://pastebin.com/4xc9r4E5) there's no ascendancy selected on the PoB for marauder so i just wondered. i went beserker and im trying to respec to this because my other guide i followed was bad, just making sure the gear and gem links shown are still right for frost blades.

for instance there's fortify in the frost blades 6 link on PoB which seems like its meant to go with the Champion ascendancy, but im marauder so that's not doing as much for me. and bloodseekers which goes with damage on full life, but that's in a link with vaal double strike and not frost blades. i'm just a little lost, some direction would be appreciated!
"
corosou wrote:

Homie! You're a gem ;)

Thanks for helping others out, much appreciated!

Haha no problem! Just tought since i feel like i kinda got the hang of the build i'd help out other people trying this out!

Thanks for making the build :D Been thinking of starting out my own ones soon, feel like i'm starting to get a "deeper" understanding of the game.

"
Lee_R3D wrote:
i see that like 90% of the stuff on the guide is about vaal double strike and only a passing mention or two of frost blades. is the marauder skill tree accurate for a frost blades build? (https://pastebin.com/4xc9r4E5) there's no ascendancy selected on the PoB for marauder so i just wondered. i went beserker and im trying to respec to this because my other guide i followed was bad, just making sure the gear and gem links shown are still right for frost blades.

for instance there's fortify in the frost blades 6 link on PoB which seems like its meant to go with the Champion ascendancy, but im marauder so that's not doing as much for me. and bloodseekers which goes with damage on full life, but that's in a link with vaal double strike and not frost blades. i'm just a little lost, some direction would be appreciated!

The links for Frost Blades and Vaal Double Strike are the same, you just switch out the skill-gem when you feel need for it. (remember to get vaal souls at the beginning of the map or keep it somewhere on your gear during the map, (not the weapon switch)

Links: (FB/VDS) + Damage on full life + Ruthless + melee phys + hypothermia + fortify

(For map clearing, change out 'Damage on Full Life' for melee splash)

(FB = Frost Blades, VDS = Vaal Double Strike)

Fortify are always good, ascendancy doesnt matter. It gives good defences and now in Legion it also comes with a more damage multiplier.

As for the tree for Berzerker it's exactly the same, and as you can see in the picture "corosou" had in the build, you can change it in PoB! The one link includes the trees and ascendansies for all classes. (thx corosou :D)

Hope i helped you out!
Yo, guys I just crafted this here jewel, idk if anyone wants it. It seems nutty, but expensive, and I think the extra currency would be better than simply using the jewel.

Idk what your's guys thoughts are on this? Plus, love the build btw.
"
Massacre775 wrote:
Yo, guys I just crafted this here jewel, idk if anyone wants it. It seems nutty, but expensive, and I think the extra currency would be better than simply using the jewel.

Idk what your's guys thoughts are on this? Plus, love the build btw.

Very nice! And this is what PoB is for. You import your toon, ctrl-c the jewel in game and paste it into the items section of PoB and it will tell you how much of an upgrade it is, if at all.

and thanks! glad you like )
Last edited by corosou on Jun 18, 2019, 8:13:08 PM
Hey there guys!

I actually like your guide, but feel a little lost to be honest.

Just hitted 70 and got some of the basic gear.
But I feel like Im hitting like a wet noodle.

Would you mind checking out my POB link and giving me advice on how to advance?
Would be really appreciated! (I know i gotta rework my gems, but I just hitted 70 and couldnt do it before going to bed)

Plus: Why exactly dont we skill "Winter Spirit" Node?
Isnt it super nice with frost blades?
Thanks in advance!

Edit: How do we chill enemys (for hypothermia support) if were not going with frost blades?
And how do we proc wave of conviction with frost damage? :)

Edit2: Why do we use Fortify in our 6 Link aswell as in the Whirling Blades setup?

Here my pob:
https://pastebin.com/cAaBbv47
(edited my POB aswell since I updated my gems mostly).
Last edited by Fuvi on Jun 18, 2019, 11:53:00 PM
"
Fuvi wrote:

Thanks in advance!

If you go for the full ele conversion route corosou posted on page 126 you can take them. Otherwise just stack as much physical damage as you can get.
"
Fuvi wrote:

Edit: How do we chill enemys (for hypothermia support) if were not going with frost blades?

Frost blades do quite the amount of cold damage and that does it. Hatred otherwise.

"
Fuvi wrote:

Edit2: Why do we use Fortify in our 6 Link aswell as in the Whirling Blades setup?

I would really only put it in the 6L since it was buffed.

"
Fuvi wrote:

Here my pob:

Get the flasks(Lioneye's, Sin's and ToH). They're a huge damage increase.
"
kreedzfreak wrote:
Spoiler
"
Fuvi wrote:

Thanks in advance!

If you go for the full ele conversion route corosou posted on page 126 you can take them. Otherwise just stack as much physical damage as you can get.
"
Fuvi wrote:

Frost blades do quite the amount of cold damage and that does it. Hatred otherwise.

"
Fuvi wrote:

I would really only put it in the 6L since it was buffed.

"
Fuvi wrote:

Here my pob:

Get the flasks(Lioneye's, Sin's and ToH). They're a huge damage increase.

Kreedz! Well said. Thanks ;)
thanks vemman, i haven't kept up with the changes for this league and i forgot about the damage multiplier on fortify now. i also didnt know about that lower dropdown on PoB. on my way to saving my build now!
3.7 Blade Flurry / Vaal Lightning Strike Variant

So, I've pretty much finalized the Vaal Lightning Strike variant.

I've put it together with Blade Flurry as it really shines with the same links that VLS uses.

For trash I run VLS + Ancestral.
At tanky boss I swap VLS > BF and Ancestral > Full Life.

The Vaal Double Strike boys are still there supported by a secondary Damage on Full Life, along with the Vaal Ancestral Warchief and Ancestral Warchief. This setup still tears to shreds T16 bosses.

If you wanna do this as Jugg or Slayer it would work just as well.

Keep in mind that neither Shock dmg (~+23% more dmg) nor the non-vaal dmg skill craft on boots are being calculated in PoB.

-::- Gear -::-
Spoiler

-::- Stats -::-
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/DFX9jKwk
Hi, i'm actually running frostblades variant and it's working really fine(clear speed is really good) but i'm getting some instakills with legion monsters in >t11 maps. Any tip to improve my gear or skill tree.

https://pastebin.com/Fy4eXRdH

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info