[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

Just wanted to share my experience with the build so far, started this league with it and it feels great, just got to red maps but it`s been a really good ride.

I started as Slayer, but decided to reroll to Champ because the damage is too high and I wanted more survivability, Champ combo with Fortify is amazing.

Spoiler
My gear so far:

Still a lot of work to do, that chest is pretty crappy but I dropped it as it is, I`m looking for a good Power Charge on crit Bloodseeker but no luck so far. Dropped that Atziri`s Promise and have been using it since, don`t know if it`s much worse than Sin`s Rebirth but changing it is on my list, also forgot to buy a Lion`s Roar, I`ll grab one right now.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by xmadruguinha on Jun 15, 2019, 5:39:38 PM
"
xmadruguinha wrote:
Just wanted to share my experience with the build so far, started this league with it and it feels great, just got to red maps but it`s been a really good ride.

I started as Slayer, but decided to reroll to Champ because the damage is too high and I wanted more survivability, Champ combo with Fortify is amazing.

Spoiler
My gear so far:

Still a lot of work to do, that chest is pretty crappy but I dropped it as it is, I`m looking for a good Power Charge on crit Bloodseeker but no luck so far. Dropped that Atziri`s Promise and have been using it since, don`t know if it`s much worse than Sin`s Rebirth but changing it is on my list, also forgot to buy a Lion`s Roar, I`ll grab one right now.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Looking good! Keep doing what you're doing. Do look for high roll #-# phys rings. Atziri's is more DPS, but Sin's is right below with a bit more survivability and uptime thatn Atziri's. Either one is fine. Lion's is the best flask we can get, so ya snag one when u can.

GL
3.7 Vaal Lightning Strike Update!

So, I think the VLS variant is at a pretty good spot:

YouTube: Vaal Lighting Strike Champion - T16 Monolith

I've done a lot of optimization, so let's go over the details!

-::- Gear -::-

That's all the LS stuff that I've tested and the gems I carry to swap.

A note about Chain with Touch of Anguish. If the projectiles Chain, they WILL NOT pierce, so don't mix Anguish with the pierce helm + boots.

In testing, I didn't really see much different using Piercing or Chaining, so don't worry too much about it.

-::- Max DPS Stats -::-

https://pastebin.com/fZHmgvzr

GL
just a quick (probably stupid) question here, when you say that you swap frost blades and vaal double strike out for bosses, do you also swap weapons? because double strike is only swords and axes, or how does that work?
"
ztv777 wrote:
just a quick (probably stupid) question here, when you say that you swap frost blades and vaal double strike out for bosses, do you also swap weapons? because double strike is only swords and axes, or how does that work?

There is literally a video right at the top of the main post showing me using VDS with Claws.

Where does it say sword/axes only?

god damn im dumb. thats my fault, i accidentally had it linked to close combat support. which restricts it to swords and axes, totally my mistake.
What about scion? Assassin + Jugg for example. Assasin start will save a lot of points to get these crit and claw nodes, giving immunity to reflect on crit (about 80% effective crit chance with diamond flask). Also power charge generation, so we can get other corrupts on bloodseeker. And jugg's accuracy give us 100% hit chance too, chill+stun immunity, endurance charge generation. More resists from tree to get more damage instead of them on gear, +1 to all max res, 5% additional phys reduction (got 90% fully buffed). And +1 jewel socket for transcendent flesh. Damage is +- same as champion have, but looks more safe.
Last edited by faraddox on Jun 16, 2019, 1:43:13 AM
I've got a 40% increased Lightning Strike enchant on a Stakonja for sale if anyone wants it. Skill wasn't for me and going back to Frost Blades
"
ztv777 wrote:
god damn im dumb. thats my fault, i accidentally had it linked to close combat support. which restricts it to swords and axes, totally my mistake.

hehe np ;) that would do it. don't beat yourself up over it, this game is onion layers of little interactions like that.
"
faraddox wrote:
What about scion? Assassin + Jugg for example. Assasin start will save a lot of points to get these crit and claw nodes, giving immunity to reflect on crit (about 80% effective crit chance with diamond flask). Also power charge generation, so we can get other corrupts on bloodseeker. And jugg's accuracy give us 100% hit chance too, chill+stun immunity, endurance charge generation. More resists from tree to get more damage instead of them on gear, +1 to all max res, 5% additional phys reduction (got 90% fully buffed). And +1 jewel socket for transcendent flesh. Damage is +- same as champion have, but looks more safe.

Scion is meant to be able to do it all, so I am sure it can be made to work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info