[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

"
corosou wrote:
"
Victoriolue wrote:
Welp, gonna switch over to Lightning Strike now lol

lol, u won't regret. I am pleasantly surprised!

Are you getting any pierce anywhere? Do you even feel you need it?

As a more general question, how does stacking element damage compared to flat phys assuming you take Winter Spirit and are converting 100% phys to cold?
Last edited by JoeODanger on Jun 14, 2019, 8:51:27 PM
"
Phifas wrote:
Thanks for the build. Just changed by Ice Crash Jugg into the Berserker version of this last night. So far so good.

Quick question: For frost blades. Do you convert the remaining phys damage to cold at all or is it supposed to stay as phys?

Wondering if I'm missing something.

I am not fully converting. It's not necessary to convert 100%.

"
JoeODanger wrote:

As a more general question, how does stacking element damage compared to flat phys assuming you take Winter Spirit and are converting 100% phys to cold?

I have no pierce, have thought about it, but there are no trash clearing issues without it. The bigger issue is trying to squeeze as much single target DPS out of the skill.

You could convert 100%, but I don't think it would make much noticeable difference, since the freezing is mostly coming from the high crit chance. You could also go the Brutality (for Vaal DS) route and the new skills like Pride, Precision, Blood and Sand if you wanted.
Last edited by corosou on Jun 14, 2019, 10:24:29 PM
"
corosou wrote:
"
Phifas wrote:
Thanks for the build. Just changed by Ice Crash Jugg into the Berserker version of this last night. So far so good.

Quick question: For frost blades. Do you convert the remaining phys damage to cold at all or is it supposed to stay as phys?

Wondering if I'm missing something.

I am not fully converting. It's not necessary to convert 100%.

"
JoeODanger wrote:

I have no pierce, have thought about it, but there are no trash clearing issues without it. The bigger issue is trying to squeeze as much single target DPS out of the skill.

You could convert 100%, but I don't think it would make much noticeable difference, since the freezing is mostly coming from the high crit chance. You could also go the Brutality (for Vaal DS) route and the new skills like Pride, Precision, Blood and Sand if you wanted.

Good stuff. I last did LS as a Raider many leagues ago.

Regarding Frost Blades, how would you cap hit as Zerker? Precision can get very mana intensive with its flat costs without a level 3 Enlighten.

Debating wither to cram hit on gear or just go Lyco and shield nodes until I can juggle the hit/precision.
Im trying the Double Strike/Frost Blades Jugg. Are you using the Cat skill on the ring? and if so how are you dealing with the reserved mana?
man i cant decide between zerker or champion
"
JoeODanger wrote:

Good stuff. I last did LS as a Raider many leagues ago.

Regarding Frost Blades, how would you cap hit as Zerker? Precision can get very mana intensive with its flat costs without a level 3 Enlighten.

Debating wither to cram hit on gear or just go Lyco and shield nodes until I can juggle the hit/precision.

Snag rings with fat accuracy:

You can also pickup in the tree:

Acuity, Eagle Eye, Versatility
Last edited by corosou on Jun 15, 2019, 11:18:41 AM
"
Bruhn123 wrote:
Im trying the Double Strike/Frost Blades Jugg. Are you using the Cat skill on the ring? and if so how are you dealing with the reserved mana?

Nah, I just happen to have the craft, but you can see in the Skills section of PoB the skill is disabled.
"
Clutchjohn wrote:
man i cant decide between zerker or champion

Either one will work, but I haven't tried Zerk myself in 3.7, so I can only say Champ is working out pretty well.
Hey Corosu, just reset my entire build to follow yours. Looks amazing.

However what I don't quite seem to get is the hypothermia and frost blade...
why is hypothermia still slotted with Vaal double strike? Or am I supposed to clear with double strike + splash + ancestral call?

The POB build under skills tab lists cyclone, frost blade, and Vaal double strike. I have no clue if I'm supposed to swap between all three or not.

I'm also unable to use the Astral plate ith +lvl 1 maim, because they're a whopping 5ex.

Please help, would love some insight.
"
Dragodemon3 wrote:
Hey Corosu, just reset my entire build to follow yours. Looks amazing.

However what I don't quite seem to get is the hypothermia and frost blade...
why is hypothermia still slotted with Vaal double strike? Or am I supposed to clear with double strike + splash + ancestral call?

The POB build under skills tab lists cyclone, frost blade, and Vaal double strike. I have no clue if I'm supposed to swap between all three or not.

I'm also unable to use the Astral plate ith +lvl 1 maim, because they're a whopping 5ex.

Please help, would love some insight.

Thanks, glad you find appealing :)

Well, simply because Hypothermia is good and we are running Hatred, so we chill. There's nothing strange about picking Hypothermia for either FB or VDS.

There are videos of me using the skills, so use the information at hand.

Don't take this personally, but these questions tell me you must be new or just haven't delved into the mechanics of the game and as much as I would like, I can't just instantaneously fill your head with all the details you need to understand things.

Be sure the main post and the last pages since 3.7 release contain all that's needed to make the build work, and also my profile is public so you can just straight up copy what I'm doing.

I suggest you check out Engineering Eternity's Beginner Guide Series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEZtq6FSebE&list=PL7GqFLebBU8inlrcqTZFXtIwP362XrdNe

GL
Last edited by corosou on Jun 15, 2019, 1:47:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info