[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
de_Lioncourt wrote:
Hi! I really like your build and I changed a little your skilltree. Please take a look and say what you think:

https://ibb.co/VvBWPKV

- In cluster #1 I choose to pick only the firste node - 5% incr stun duration per end charge.
- I think, if you take slayer then cluster #2 with leech is very helpful for you.
- In cluster #3 I choose to take path by picking 1 node with dmg and attack speed insted of two with aoe.
- I plan to use fortify gem in main skill since it was buffed and gives 34% more damage now. And cluster #4 seems really worthy to invest in. It was buffed and now gives 20% incr fortify effect and good amount of attack speed and damage.
- In cluster #5 I choose to take only right part because it gives more damage output and 20 stun duration. Left part gives some damage and area - not worthy in my opinion.
- Finally I doubt about picking the Stun Mastery cluster (#6). With the last patch we get more damage and 125% effectivness of damage stun-wise. May be two clusters with Spinecruncher and Kinetic Impacts will compensate?

I play HC btw.

Many good arguments here. Below are my thoughts:

-I wouldn't pay too much attention on stun duration, as it in most cases is not needed.
-Yes the leech cluster can be helpful to Slayer. But because we're playing a stun build, it won't help as much as other Slayer builds.
-The Fortify node still doesn't seem too good to me, but considering you're playing HC, I agree it can be a good choice.
-About Stun Mastery, I think it really depends on your gears. Stun Mastery is much better than Kinetic Impacts considering only stunning, but Kinetic Impacts also offers some DPS. I think for people with bad gears and high ambitions, they should pick both; for people with really good gears, they can ignore both of them.
"
Alykk wrote:
so with 2 jewels+heavy+strike+helm enchant => 72% to do dmg x2 ? :p

And potentially 12.5% from Berserker and 4% from Kinetic Impacts, => 88.5%. With the double damage chance raising from 52% to 72-88.5%, it definitely raises our consistency while stunning.
"
Sonidox wrote:
should be something with staff and glacial hammer with perma freeze soon

I think such builds already exist. The problem is that most endgame bosses cannot be fully slowed, thus although frozen, they can still hurt you.
"
BatGlare wrote:
Did u killed UE with this build?

No, I only tried Uber Elder once when it first came out. I was able to go pretty far but ended up dying because failing to dodge all the shit.

I didn't bother trying anymore because stunning alone cannot win the fight for us. There are 2 bosses, so while stunning one, the other one will fire skills at us. We will always have to dodge stuff to stay alive. So killing UE would only prove my experience with such combat but not the mightiness of this stun build.

Honestly speaking, this build can certainly do Uber Elder, but it definitely isn't a build well-suited for such combat. If you're looking for a Uber Elder farmer build, you should look for some other builds with a better elemental mitigation.

I made this in Synth League. Would this outpace Ryslatha's once crafted for a build like this? I don't think it does, because Ryslatha's adds quite a nice amount of damage (and is worded so interestingly that most people don't realise it)

I was just curious on your thoughts, of if I should craft it up for something like this build, or for a completely different build entirely.
"
BaneWilliams wrote:

I made this in Synth League. Would this outpace Ryslatha's once crafted for a build like this? I don't think it does, because Ryslatha's adds quite a nice amount of damage (and is worded so interestingly that most people don't realise it)

I was just curious on your thoughts, of if I should craft it up for something like this build, or for a completely different build entirely.

I think I would use this belt over Ryslatha's, for this build at least. Ryslatha's is sure insanely good but this belt can offer so much health with potentially 25% r.E.S.T. to compensate for the loss of damage.

I think the market for stun gears isn't very good, so only go for stun suffixes if you want to use it yourself.

And btw, if you end up with an end product good for stun builds, I might be interested in buying :D
Could we expect an update for your build with skills/gems/tree choice today? (and what about soul of steel)
Last edited by PlayArcher on Jun 5, 2019, 5:55:46 PM
"
SeaSkipper wrote:
Are there any similar Stunlock builds available but for crit dual-wield? Compensating for the loss of two-handed damage with crits. Or is this not viable?

I played stunlock build with Callinellus Malleus few leages ago, not sure how much viable it is now, but you can try it... :-) Back then i was unable to stunlock shaper, but it was theoretically possible with better equip then mine.
Last edited by evilmindcz on Jun 5, 2019, 5:55:07 PM
"
PlayArcher wrote:
Could we expect an update for your build with skills/gems/tree choice today?

I expect to make some heavy changes in the gems and trees, which depends on the exact numbers on the gems. If GGG reveals the gem details within the next 5 hours, then yes. Otherwise, I would probably go to bed and do the update next morning.
I'm interested in playing perma-stun this league but these 2 lines from the patch notes are making me nervous :

- "Rare monsters now have 33% more life at level 1, up to 100% more life at level 68 and above. They now grant 54% more experience."

- "Enemies with shields can block attacks, but will only prevent a large portion of the incoming damage, rather than all of it."

does it mean that high life + block monsters won't be easily stunned ?
If you've read this, you've lost 4 seconds...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info