[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
brightwaha wrote:
"
Alykk wrote:
"
brightwaha wrote:
I have a new tree posted in the guide. It's now impossible to find a fixed tree as we are facing choices like stun duration vs. AoE... So I made this, and I am interested in what you guys think.

same build for berserker or slayer ?

Generally yes. The only major difference is going to be the starting point of the tree.

There are some minor differences like Slayer needs more attack speed, Berserker has 1 less gem socket as we need to use Warcry, Slayer may want to use Heavy Strike for clearing thus wants the +1 weapon range node more, etc., etc.

But you don't have to worry about these minor differences at all. You can basically play a Berserker build and then level a Slayer and use exactly the same gears for your Slayer.

well ok :)

but what about heavy strike for boss and eq or sunder for pack ?
"
Alykk wrote:

Usually I recommend Ground Slam, Sunder is good as well. I don't particularly like EQ because the damage is delayed and we need that damage to stun enemies before they hit us.
"
brightwaha wrote:
"
Alykk wrote:

Usually I recommend Ground Slam, Sunder is good as well. I don't particularly like EQ because the damage is delayed and we need that damage to stun enemies before they hit us.

mh ok
so why no more attack speed node ? with heavy strike and 20% double dmg
exemple for the begnning nodes of duelist ? or near the life wheel ?
"
Alykk wrote:
mh ok
so why no more attack speed node ? with heavy strike and 20% double dmg
exemple for the begnning nodes of duelist ? or near the life wheel ?

Because these nodes aren't particularly powerful. I would have recommended these if they offer like 8% attack speed per point. It's difficult to compare survival to DPS to mobility, so I can't prove that these nodes are bad, but I do feel that they are a bit lack-luster.

You may pick these nodes if you really wish to stack up your attack speed for higher mobility. But there are quite a few other good options as well, like Essense-crafted gloves or Onslaught boots.
Are there any similar Stunlock builds available but for crit dual-wield? Compensating for the loss of two-handed damage with crits. Or is this not viable?
Hi! I really like your build and I changed a little your skilltree. Please take a look and say what you think:

https://ibb.co/VvBWPKV

- In cluster #1 I choose to pick only the firste node - 5% incr stun duration per end charge.
- I think, if you take slayer then cluster #2 with leech is very helpful for you.
- In cluster #3 I choose to take path by picking 1 node with dmg and attack speed insted of two with aoe.
- I plan to use fortify gem in main skill since it was buffed and gives 34% more damage now. And cluster #4 seems really worthy to invest in. It was buffed and now gives 20% incr fortify effect and good amount of attack speed and damage.
- In cluster #5 I choose to take only right part because it gives more damage output and 20 stun duration. Left part gives some damage and area - not worthy in my opinion.
- Finally I doubt about picking the Stun Mastery cluster (#6). With the last patch we get more damage and 125% effectivness of damage stun-wise. May be two clusters with Spinecruncher and Kinetic Impacts will compensate?

I play HC btw.
Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition is followed by madness.
Last edited by de_Lioncourt on Jun 5, 2019, 2:28:26 PM
so with 2 jewels+heavy+strike+helm enchant => 72% to do dmg x2 ? :p
"
SeaSkipper wrote:
Are there any similar Stunlock builds available but for crit dual-wield? Compensating for the loss of two-handed damage with crits. Or is this not viable?

I remember seeing such a build back in 3.1. I have also made multiple attempts to make a dual-wield version, I succeeded to make ones that can theoretically stun-lock Shaper, but those theory-crafts either had a bad defense or very poor QoL so I discarded them.

So, it's certainly possible. I couldn't see much reason to play that version instead of Tidebreaker previously, but maybe this new patch brings something new.
should be something with staff and glacial hammer with perma freeze soon
Did u killed UE with this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info