[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
Kapitolist wrote:
I thought the whole point of empire's grasp was to prevent HS knockback pushing your target out of range. While a tombfist would increase your paper dps, in practicality will it not push your target away?

Your simulation code seems to already account for ryslatha's; there's no need to manually adjust the min/max damage when intializing those variable right? (Just past them in as I see in PoB?)

Knockback happens when you use Heavy Strike or pop Lion's Roar, with the exception of enemies that are knockback immune (Shaper, Elder, all guardians, Kitava, etc.). Without Empire's Grasp, you will knockback most map bosses and you will have to follow after each attack, and that's the downside of using Tombfist. If you're well-geared enough that you kill map bosses really fast without bearing any risk of dying, then there is not much point in using Empire's Grasp anymore and you may want to switch to either Tombfist or a rare. Honestly, this choice is pretty subjective.

Yes, Ryslatha is automatically adjusted in the code, as long as you make correct inputs in the Ryslatha settings, and you just need to put in what PoB tells you.
Hey, I just wanted to say thank you for keeping this post updated. I'm going to be playing this build for Legion and I just wanted you to know how thankful I am to see you already mentioning 3.7 patch notes. As someone who doesn't have a lot of time to devote to the game you make the game so much easier for some of us.

<3

Serker changes seem pretty positive overall for this build

can skip blitz and new flawless since we are rt

warbringer aspect - rage

looks like max is 9% regen for bloodrage + rage. looks like we wont be able to proc arakali anymore due to no IC abuse

i think overall 2h are getting about 14-20% more dmg as well, allowing tide breaker to do more dps. we already could stun shaper

we still do not know the new stun ratios, which can be scary but something tells me with enough investment we will stun all :) who are stunnable
"
frawrst wrote:
Serker changes seem pretty positive overall for this build

can skip blitz and new flawless since we are rt

warbringer aspect - rage

looks like max is 9% regen for bloodrage + rage. looks like we wont be able to proc arakali anymore due to no IC abuse

i think overall 2h are getting about 14-20% more dmg as well, allowing tide breaker to do more dps. we already could stun shaper

we still do not know the new stun ratios, which can be scary but something tells me with enough investment we will stun all :) who are stunnable

I wouldn't just say it's "pretty positive overall", it's a ~44% increase in DPS with the only downside of losing rage generation from warcry. The Slayer change is also a ~53% increase in DPS, with the downside of losing the possibility of having splash and old overwhelm.

With that much boost in DPS from the ascendancies along, it offsets a non-physical damage stun penalty of 50%. Which means, if the only changes coming live are the ascendancy and non-physical damage gets a 50% less stun effectiveness, our stun capability will remain the same.

Also we can always opt for the pure phys version, which has received no nerfs at all.

I think losing IC abuse doesn't hurt us as much, as we rely on endurance charges and IC hurts our damage output. The new guard skills in my opinion simply gives us the choice to have another layer of defense and I feel pretty positive about it.

I am not sure if the 2H more base damage would affect unique weapons like Tidebreaker, but even if it does, it's not a 14-20% more damage, as Tidebreaker has a high flat added damage.
I wonder if the changes to attack area of effect being more closely tied to their animation (eg. heavy strike hitting multiple targets) means that we can just stick to one skill for mapping now. Also how much weapon range we'd need to clear effectively.
"
Kapitolist wrote:
I wonder if the changes to attack area of effect being more closely tied to their animation (eg. heavy strike hitting multiple targets) means that we can just stick to one skill for mapping now. Also how much weapon range we'd need to clear effectively.

I believe in the podcast, it's said that attacks cover a cone with the radius being the weapon range, but I do not remember any details on the angle of the cone. Heavy Strike's animation does have quite a big swinging angle, would be neat if it indeed translates to a big AoE angle.

However, I do feel that without stacking weapon range, clearing using Heavy Strike is going to be miserable. Slayer gets an additional +2 to weapon range but I don't think that alone is enough. Maybe we can find additional sources of weapon range and can stick to just Heavy Strike? I'm not too positive about this but it's possible.

So, the chances are, it's still better to clear using Ground Slam, and Heavy Strike should probably be limited to single-target still. A nice thing about this AoE change is that while using Heavy Strike during bossing, we can actually kill the surrounding adds as well (Minotaur fight, for example).
Someone posted berserker and slayer ascendencies as jewels for PoB until it gets updated.

Beserker
Spoiler

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/bvs07k/for_theorycrafting_purposes_berserker_ascendancy/

Slayer
Spoiler

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/bvtlcu/slayer_ascendancy_in_a_jewel_pob/
Do we know if the Legion bosses are stunnable? I would hate for this to feel like Syndicate all over again.
Last edited by ericpcho on Jun 3, 2019, 10:31:34 PM
"
ericpcho wrote:
Do we know if the Legion bosses are stunnable? I would hate for this to feel like Syndicate all over again.

I don't think we have any info on this.

I believe GGG has heard complaints about Syndicate members being stun immune and they shouldn't make the same mistake again.

At least I hope...
Hey there! Really nice build, I've been wanting to try this for awhile now but work's been busy. Gonna run this as my leaguestarter for 3.7. Do you think with the changes to accuracy, it might be viable to drop resolute technique for crit after all?

Also, the change to Molten Shell seems pretty darn strong as a defensive option. Though I'm not sure how much defensive options this build really needs, considering it stuns everything. Looking forward to your updated build! Thanks.
Last edited by toilet94 on Jun 5, 2019, 2:54:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info