[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

Is it possible to do this build with any other class?
"
Obimio wrote:

There is a popular Lowlife RF SR Trickster Build
Managed to 6-link my shavs and am looking into LL builds, this looks great! Are the corruptions for shavs and chayula super necessary or are just upgrades? Like is the content just as doable without +1 socketed?
"
UchihaVegeta wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:
"
UchihaVegeta wrote:

What about "(100-140) Life Regenerated per Second while affected by Vitality"?

Between the three:
2.5% ES regen,
max ES while clarity's on
and this life regen while Vitality's on.

Which two mods would you recommend as the BIS jewel for this build?

The 100-140 life regen will get converted to ES regen. However, that mod is far less valuable than 2.5% regen. Imo importance is as follows:

1. ES while clarity on. That's simply a huge buff to dmg and survivability. With MoM that jewel gives me a flat 300 ES, which is essentially a good rolled helmet/shield. I've got quite a bit of %ES on tree, so that ends up giving me 2k ES.
2. 2.5% life regen. Simply amazing for sustain.
3. I'd probably go with "Immune to freeze with purity of Ice". That's a big QoL improvement.
4. 100-140 life regen a sec. That's about 1%-ish extra regen depending on how much ES you have. Will help, but not make a world of difference.

So get the jewel with mod 1 and 2, and you're set for life. They will be rare as F*CK though. Seen 1 in Abyss a couple days ago listed for 7ex, sold pretty much instantly. Never seen em again.

Wait, I didn't see MoM in this build's tree, under what circumstances do you take that node and still not become drained of mana from RF, AND still can spam movement/sr?

Only take MoM if you have a watcher's eye jewel with the 1st mod on it "up to 18% of mana as ES). MoM doesn't drain our mana because we're low-life. It consumes mana based on life damage, and we don't take any life damage, just ES.
"
Alienbutter wrote:
"
Obimio wrote:

Would you be able to give me a link to it? Cant to seem to find any good one or one that is still working in 3.1?
"
Obimio wrote:
"
Alienbutter wrote:
"
Obimio wrote:

Would you be able to give me a link to it? Cant to seem to find any good one or one that is still working in 3.1?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/660316

This one is popular and has trickster version. Keep in mind that Guardian will be far superior in defenses due to having better aura's and more regen. Trickster will be good for mapping, but will struggle with survivability for single target/bosses. Guardian can do it all. I'd 100% recommend going guardian, but it's up to you.
:deleted
Last edited by Freddydaking on Dec 20, 2017, 4:35:38 AM
"
Fritso wrote:

Only take MoM if you have a watcher's eye jewel with the 1st mod on it "up to 18% of mana as ES). MoM doesn't drain our mana because we're low-life. It consumes mana based on life damage, and we don't take any life damage, just ES.

Oh, do you mean to say that taking MoM is solely for the purpose of taking the 'max mana nodes' and Inspiration behind MoM, so we have more max mana to reserve hence more ES overall? Otherwise I don't understand why take the node to begin with if our mana doesn't act as a buffer for dmg mitigation.

I'm lvl 80 atm, and I refunded holy fire to get to 'unnatural calm' first after having taken the witch starting ES nodes already.

(I did get my hands on this jewel although the ideal one you mentioned still hasn't appeared in trade yet for me...)

If the max mana nodes behind MoM will provide alot of ES as well, should I take these before re-grabbing holy fire again? (I have no trouble killing mobs atm it's my max ES im worried about.)

And between the 6% ES nodes near unnatural calm vs the mana nodes behind MoM, which ones give more ES per point spent? So I'll get them first I guess.

Another interesting LL RF guardian guide I read here on the forums is that it takes the max mana jewel slot on the left of CI, and travel to faith and steel from zealot's oath/sovereignty, instead of taking the ES nodes near scion or unnatural calm into their 90s. Which is more efficient in your opinion and what scenarios give rise to each choice, is it a more armor-centric build to go for faith and steel?

Thanks for the replies.
Last edited by UchihaVegeta on Dec 20, 2017, 5:12:54 AM
"
UchihaVegeta wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:

Oh, do you mean to say that taking MoM is solely for the purpose of taking the 'max mana nodes' and Inspiration behind MoM, so we have more max mana to reserve hence more ES overall? Otherwise I don't understand why take the node to begin with if our mana doesn't act as a buffer for dmg mitigation.

I'm lvl 80 atm, and I refunded holy fire to get to 'unnatural calm' first after having taken the witch starting ES nodes already.

(I did get my hands on this jewel although the ideal one you mentioned still hasn't appeared in trade yet for me...)

If the max mana nodes behind MoM will provide alot of ES as well, should I take these before re-grabbing holy fire again? (I have no trouble killing mobs atm it's my max ES im worried about.)

And between the 6% ES nodes near unnatural calm vs the mana nodes behind MoM, which ones give more ES per point spent? So I'll get them first I guess.

Another interesting LL RF guardian guide I read here on the forums is that it takes the max mana jewel slot on the left of CI, and travel to faith and steel from zealot's oath/sovereignty, instead of taking the ES nodes near scion or unnatural calm into their 90s. Which is more efficient in your opinion and what scenarios give rise to each choice, is it a more armor-centric build to go for faith and steel?

Thanks for the replies.

That's a lot of questions. Let's see if I can shed some light:

MoM vs %ES: The only reason to grab MoM is to get more mana, which then gets converted into ES because of Ascendancy Radiant Faith, but more importantly through that Watcher's Eye jewel. Note that the jewel isn't concerned with how much mana you reserve, it's just scaling from your total mana pool and at a higher % than Radiant Faith. Exact scaling will differ based on the amount of %ES you have but for me that jewel gives 2k ES, which is far superior to 4 x 6% nodes which gives roughly 700-ish. So yeah get MoM first when using that jewel. If you're unsure of the scaling you could always try both options (MoM with jewel, or 4 x 6% nodes) and spend 4 regret orbs to respec.

Mana jewel slot: Take this if you feel you need an extra jewel slot to get more resists or dmg. It's not required. On the plus side, those 2 x 4% max mana nodes also give a bit of extra ES, but not more than 2 actual 6% ES nodes.

Faith and Steel: Forget about armor scaling, it's useless for our build. Imo there are 2 reasons to take Faith and Steel:
1. Extra all res. 3 nodes for 15% ES and 8% all res isn't bad compared to say taking 3 x 6% ES nodes when struggling to cap resists.
2. Respec to Devotion: This is what I did. You can check my char profile. Respeccing the tree to also pick Devotion, and use an Energy From Within jewel in between these 2 nodes get's you a nice bit of ES, some well needed strength for gear/skill gem requirements and most importantly the 3% increased effect of aura's. That extra 3% makes you reach a certain % increased aura effectiveness threshold that gives you 1% extra max fire res from purity of fire. Only other way to achieve this is by using a Conqueror's Potency jewel, which is far less efficient.
If you're going this route, don't skip Unnatural Calm. That node is simply to amazing. Just skip some 6% ES nodes. That will to some extent be replaced by a nice chunk of ES from the Energy From Withing jewel between Faith and Steel and Devotion.

As to what's optimal kinda depends on your gear/preferences. I was short on Strenth on gear, and liked the extra max fire res. Don't think you need that? Then speccing all that into 6% ES nodes will get you a bit more ES.

Also, don't be afraid to experiment with the build using Path of Building. Follow the build guidelines untill you're familiar with a build and it's mechanics, and then experiment and optimize for your own playtstyle.

Hope this helps :-)
Last edited by Fritso on Dec 20, 2017, 6:33:45 AM
"
Fritso wrote:

Also, don't be afraid to experiment with the build using Path of Building. Follow the build guidelines untill you're familiar with a build and it's mechanics, and then experiment and optimize for your own playtstyle.

Hope this helps :-)

Thanks for the quick and thorough inputs. I'll test things on PoB a bit more in future before coming here to get spoonfed :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info