[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
Ahfack wrote:
"
Suffski wrote:
Alright, I gotta ask now. I saw the suggestion multiple times but I couldn't figure out why I should do it:

You wrote to level up multiple Scorching Ray gems. Why? Apologies if that kind of question is POE 101 knowledge, but I am relatively new to this game.

So you can vaal them all when they hit level 20. Level 21 SR is amazing :D

Thank you very much for your quick response. Since your two main skills are SR and RF it seems appropiate to level up multiple RF gems as well.
"
Suffski wrote:
"
Ahfack wrote:
"
Suffski wrote:
Alright, I gotta ask now. I saw the suggestion multiple times but I couldn't figure out why I should do it:

You wrote to level up multiple Scorching Ray gems. Why? Apologies if that kind of question is POE 101 knowledge, but I am relatively new to this game.

So you can vaal them all when they hit level 20. Level 21 SR is amazing :D

Thank you very much for your quick response. Since your two main skills are SR and RF it seems appropiate to level up multiple RF gems as well.

Yes but RF isn't that big of a deal compared to SR, SR is a HUGE dmg boost in comparison Concentrate on SR FIRST
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
Arcanis_Maze wrote:
Hey I just wanted to pop in and thank you for the build Ahfack, working great. Last time I played PoE was when there were only like 4 Acts, came back when I heard there was now 10 Acts and wanted a build that can do all content. Deleted all my old characters and started from scratch. Haven't been able to get to Shaper and Uber Atziri yet but Apex and Uber Lab is a breeze with what I have.

Currently missing the helm enchant which is a pain, crafted gloves, rings, belt and Death's Door are also missing so I've been mixing and matching stuff to get the build working. If you have the time kindly have a look over my gear and let me know if there's an absolute priority I might be missing, well the request is open to anyone on the thread, I'm pretty much a noob at all these end game content stuff.

Thanks again!

Top priority would definately be getting gloves crafted with an essence of delirium. This gives 30% more damage to righteous fire. They look like this:

Next up, because you are in standard, would probably be an ES shield crafted with a legacy Leo mod that gives 20% reduced damage taken over time. This reduced the dmg you take from RF, just like increasing your max resist does. However, you can get a lot higher ES this way. Probably aim for like a 400+ ES shield. Here's my shield with mod:

These are by far the 2 biggest improvements imo. After that focus on remaining gear like rings, jewels etc.
"
Fritso wrote:

Top priority would definately be getting gloves crafted with an essence of delirium. This gives 30% more damage to righteous fire. They look like this:

Next up, because you are in standard, would probably be an ES shield crafted with a legacy Leo mod that gives 20% reduced damage taken over time. This reduced the dmg you take from RF, just like increasing your max resist does. However, you can get a lot higher ES this way. Probably aim for like a 400+ ES shield. Here's my shield with mod:

These are by far the 2 biggest improvements imo. After that focus on remaining gear like rings, jewels etc.

Fritso,
hey man, you seem to be runing double curse pure RF version without SR, it's so boring, isn't it? Ok it the same like Ahfack's version vs trash but bosses (t15+)... You just stay close to them and... And say: hey, boss, you know what? I'm burning you with my RF right now, you're gonna die... one day :P Tell me if im wrong. I know you have over 17k ES and pure RF looks tankier but RF+SR deal incredibly much more damage vs bosses.
"
Windgaming wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:

Fritso,
hey man, you seem to be runing double curse pure RF version without SR, it's so boring, isn't it? Ok it the same like Ahfack's version vs trash but bosses (t15+)... You just stay close to them and... And say: hey, boss, you know what? I'm burning you with my RF right now, you're gonna die... one day :P Tell me if im wrong. I know you have over 17k ES and pure RF looks tankier but RF+SR deal incredibly much more damage vs bosses.

You are right ;-)

This is my old RF character setup though. Currently revising it for when Harbinger ends. Main point will definately be to experiment with SR setup! But to be fair, my main objective is not damage. I prefer insane tankyness. One of my goals is to AFK kill Minotaur with Righteous Fire ON, and not using any flasks. Haven't seen that before, so want to give that a try. Think I'm getting close with what I have in mind for my build atm. So far my theorycrafting in PoB has gotten my build to close to 5k netto ES regen a sec with RF on. Facetanking Shaper slam, and beam is of course also on the list, but I feel that is less challenging than the AFK Mino thing.
Also gonna try and incorporate the Harbinger unique belt "The Flow Untethered" for faster clearspeed, and even more tankyness due to 20% increased ES recovery.
Last edited by Fritso on Nov 4, 2017, 9:51:48 AM
"
Fritso wrote:
"
Windgaming wrote:

Fritso,

You are right ;-)

This is my old RF character setup though. Currently revising it for when Harbinger ends. Main point will definately be to experiment with SR setup! But to be fair, my main objective is not damage. I prefer insane tankyness. One of my goals is to AFK kill Minotaur with Righteous Fire ON, and not using any flasks. Haven't seen that before, so want to give that a try. Think I'm getting close with what I have in mind for my build atm. So far my theorycrafting in PoB has gotten my build to close to 5k netto ES regen a sec with RF on. Facetanking Shaper slam, and beam is of course also on the list, but I feel that is less challenging than the AFK Mino thing.
Also gonna try and incorporate the Harbinger unique belt "The Flow Untethered" for faster clearspeed, and even more tankyness due to 20% increased ES recovery.

Interesting. It must've been around 20k ES before the nerf? GL anyway :)
Last edited by Windgaming on Nov 4, 2017, 10:30:20 AM
"
Windgaming wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:
"
Windgaming wrote:

Fritso,

You are right ;-)

Interesting. It must've been around 20k ES before the nerf? GL anyway :)

Yeah. I was at 21k ES with Doryani's Catalist prè 3.0.
What gear would you recommend for MF? ofc, ventor rings and Wondertrap. But im not sure about biscos amulet, since its getting pretty close with strength and dexterity gems.

Swapping
out for
would help keeping your ES on a good level, but im not sure for the rest.
Alright guys, I am lost.

Beeing new to this game, I created this account and wanted to do safest lemon RF build. I had no idea about levelling, energy shield, resistances and game mechanics whatsover. So I screwed up the build, got frustrated and switched to ahfacks SR RF templar. My gear sucks, and I did not follow any skill order in the passive skill tree, so its all messed up.

Do you guys have any suggestion how I can recover? I don't want to start all over again.

Should I go for ES-gear right now? Or should I take a step back, doing a high life templar?

Any help is appreciated, my damage is okayish, but I am dying way too much.
"
Camatoo wrote:
What gear would you recommend for MF? ofc, ventor rings and Wondertrap. But im not sure about biscos amulet, since its getting pretty close with strength and dexterity gems.

Swapping
out for
would help keeping your ES on a good level, but im not sure for the rest.

Bisco's, 100%, no question, get it. Don't go MF without it. Spec into a 30 dex/str node if needed.
In addition, if you're in Standard, you can use the Increased Quantity gem in your RF setup.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info