[3.25]g00fy_goober's EleBuzzsaw Deadeye (Easily Clear All Content) *REVAMPED AGAIN*

"
g00fy_goober wrote:
If you want to use blood magic you are more than welcome to. However as with vaal pact you get no life regen (which usually doesn't matter at all) but if you hit a dead end or something and whirl 50 times down a strand map or gorge or go hunt a master that was behind you or something like that you might arrive with like 1/4 of your life. Especially on maps that have like desecrated ground or something like that. Mana regens and leeches so I always use reduced mana.

Im currently lvl 65 and finished the game. loving the build. Its way faster than my juggernaut who cannot die but is slow =)
Im now using lower mana gem and its perma whirling blades, so I agree with the point of ignoring blood magic totally.

Im still tempted to use my 97 life starkonja over rats nest, whats your thinking here? I suppose for entry its the best helm to use and rats nest is when we really weanna go ballsdeep dps.
Gonna be fun racing maps

On a sidenote: I think your gem section is wrong it lists culling strike instead of PCoC.
thanks for great writeup
Last edited by Tsteken on Oct 1, 2017, 12:22:08 PM
I have been posting here before, but never actually said it - amazing build, thank you for the guide.

Killed Shaper few minutes ago on my first ever attempt, 2 portals left (bad positioning during kamehameha on my part). To be honest it felt much easier than Chimera, killed him only once in 3 attempts. Dunno why, maybe because of the crazy damage mods?
Last edited by bestjin on Oct 1, 2017, 5:06:10 PM
Could you please confirm is the Orb of Storms setup

Orb of Storms - Culling Strike - Curse on Hit - Ele Weakness

or

Orb of storms + curse on hit + elew eakness + power charge

??

Thanks
"

or

??

Thanks

according to changelog its now culling strike

3.0 Changes
- Claws will now be used over daggers
- New gem link setup will be used now (inc crit DAMAGE + icebite, instead of inc crit STRIKES + Lightning Pen)
- Assassin's mark replaced with Elemental Weakness
- Orb of storms setup should be changed to Orb - Culling Strike - curse on hit - ele weakness.
- Bandit rewards have changed
- Only 7 Max frenzy charges now instead of 8

but a couple of posts above creator states the pcoc setup anyway so Im also very confused >.<
Last edited by Tsteken on Oct 2, 2017, 4:05:01 AM
Culling strike is more useful based on my experiences, I have dropped PCoC as I can barely see any difference with it.
Both options are viable. Culling strike is very good vs guardians and Shaper.

I for example don't even use curse on hit with orb and use both pcoc and culling strike
Last edited by bestjin on Oct 2, 2017, 8:39:09 AM
Btw for max single target, wouldn't something like:

ST - Slower Proj - EDWA - Added lightning - Dmg on full life - Ele focus

Be a lot better than Ice bite and inc crit damage? Seems like a 150k~ dps boost on your PoB.

Here's how my Raider looks at 91, looking for some input, gonna use it mainly for Hydra, Phoenix and Shaper, maybe Minotaur, for Chimera i tend to go on slayer so i sacrificed some survivability since on those fights i can kite around and burst quick hopefully.

PoB link : https://pastebin.com/BeHPicsn

Planning on replacing Devoto's for rare helm and jewels for hp+dmg in case i lack survivability, Rat's Nest with ST if i ever hit the enchant, i think it looks solid though i haven't done much with it yet, gonna push to 93-94~, grab Vaal Pact and probably work towards Arcing Blows or more hp on tree.

Helm had 3 empty sockets, ancestral protector seems like a good support, still unsure on what to put on the other 2 sockets though.

"

or

??

Thanks

You can use either or. Power charges were nerfed in 3.0 and hinted at the fact that they will more than likely be further nerfed by reducing crit and adding spell damage. As it is now each charge gives 40% crit, so 120% crit is not bad but does not translate to a whole hell of a lot of bosses. Personally I would rather have culling strike to instant kill than 3 power charges and it does more "dmg" overall so it was changed. If you want to continue to use power charge on crit feel free, but I removed it for culling strike.

"
Phosphenez wrote:
Btw for max single target, wouldn't something like:

ST - Slower Proj - EDWA - Added lightning - Dmg on full life - Ele focus

Be a lot better than Ice bite and inc crit damage? Seems like a 150k~ dps boost on your PoB.

Here's how my Raider looks at 91, looking for some input, gonna use it mainly for Hydra, Phoenix and Shaper, maybe Minotaur, for Chimera i tend to go on slayer so i sacrificed some survivability since on those fights i can kite around and burst quick hopefully.

PoB link : https://pastebin.com/BeHPicsn

Planning on replacing Devoto's for rare helm and jewels for hp+dmg in case i lack survivability, Rat's Nest with ST if i ever hit the enchant, i think it looks solid though i haven't done much with it yet, gonna push to 93-94~, grab Vaal Pact and probably work towards Arcing Blows or more hp on tree.

Helm had 3 empty sockets, ancestral protector seems like a good support, still unsure on what to put on the other 2 sockets though.

Why we don't use ele focus is covered in the faq. Dmg on full life is just as bad. I don't want my dmg to bounce everytime im not at full life. Even with instant leech the second you are hit especially during bosses when using slower projectiles you are running a 5l instead of a 6l.
"
Why we don't use ele focus is covered in the faq. Dmg on full life is just as bad. I don't want my dmg to bounce everytime im not at full life. Even with instant leech the second you are hit especially during bosses when using slower projectiles you are running a 5l instead of a 6l.

I see, i assumed the chill/shock would be completely useless for guardians/shaper, dmg on full life became my go-to support on 3.0 VP builds, touch anything with Vinktar up and you go 1-100 life so the uptime on DFL should be high enough to not be a problem (assuming Flasks up), still need to test dps, no idea how fast i can 100-0 guardians but bosses melt in <1s on maps, gonna try your setup if 2-2-2 doesn't work on T16+.

FAQ says to tick shocked but it's definitely not a realistic value... Not for T16/Shaper at least unless you're doing like millions on a single hit. Shock on PoB still applies 50% MORE damage.
Last edited by Phosphenez on Oct 2, 2017, 11:15:22 AM
Thanks for reply I think I'll use culling strike... Just wondering how power charges work with this do you only have 1 power charge in this build when using it with orb?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info