[3.25]g00fy_goober's EleBuzzsaw Deadeye (Easily Clear All Content) *REVAMPED AGAIN*

@TheVectus
I'm running Herald of Ice.

With my gear, it looks like ST + Elemental Dmg + Added Cold + Added Lightning + Slower Proj.
I don't know how much it will change based on gear. Ice Bite is a 2.6% dps loss compared to Added Lightning with a 5 link.

I'm no expert though, so I may be missing something.
Best thing to do is load your own character into PoB and come back with results for everybody to compare against.
Question.
I am a little confused about the curse setup.

The change log says,
"- Assassin's mark I do not think will be best anymore. I would change this curse to Elemental weakness.
- Orb of storms setup should be changed to Orb > Pcoc > curse on hit > ele weakness.

The gem setup list this:
"3L Setup: Curse on Hit > Assassins Mark > Herald of Ice/Thunder"
"4L Setup: Orb of Storms > Power Charge on Crit > Inc Aoe > Culling Strike"

So are we running Elemental weakness twice? Or does this mean a total change of gem setup that I am not understanding.

Thank you in advance for the help.
"
Ramziese wrote:
"
CutMySoul wrote:
Spoiler
"
Ramziese wrote:
I'm currently working on my EleBuzzsaw build based on this guide. Linking my character below...

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ramziese/characternd go to Ramzie_C

Also, tree below...

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAIBAQEJAdEDHgUtBbUHHgzyDkgRLxGBEZYUdRX9Fr8XJhmKH0Ei6iP2JP0mlSoLKjgrCi5TMHwyATY9N9Q8vj7PQdBDMUd-Sn1M_02STipRR1VLVvpaGluvXfJfcGHiYetiWmKsY6dlTWegbIxvV3BSdO11y3fXeBl4-XpTeoR67311ft1_K4Nth3aJ04w2jX2Nfo2BjbmNv5UulwabJp2qoSKiQKTCpcuv67IZtMW42bvjvTa95r6nwaDC7MMzwzrEos2Yz3rQrdN-1CPY1drB3UbdSN-Y45_nVOpi62PuDu968NX0-P1u_rr_3g==?accountName=Ramziese&characterName=Ramzie_C

I'm currently feeling kind of low on DPS, which i'm hoping is my gems being mostly lvl 19 and not quality yet. Would someone mind taking a look at my character, though, and letting me know if there are any gear areas I need to improve on, or if I've done anything wrong with my tree? Likewise, I haven't sourced and jewels yet for my tree. I'm saving those for last since I have to save for the jewels themselves.

Basically, if you all wouldn't mind looking at my setup and letting me know what I can improve I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Ramziese

Well, depends on what map tier's you're feeling a low DPS. In my opinion you should get a better claw, get up your gem's at Level 20 (+quality of course).

Your skilltree is "almost" fine, you can save one passive point. Add the +dex node on the right side from "Vaal Pact". Then you can remove the two dex nodes under "Finesse".

Thank you for the response! What improvements do I need to make in finding a better claw? I'm trying to find one that has eDPS above 350 with attack speed and multi crit chance on it.

No problem at all. In my opinion you should have of course an high amount of eDPS. All elemental classes (fire,ice,lightning) should be available. Increased AS + Crit.Chance as you've said is important aswell. My personal reference is, getting a claw with lifeleech in % (1,6 or 2,0) is better than f.e. 46 per hit.

"
Dryanyus wrote:
Any shield as a upgrade for Lycosidae?

There is no better shield available then Lycosidae. The mod "hit's can't be evaded" makes you even more powerful. Later, once you're running high tier maps your accuracy drops to like 80 %.

Spoiler
"
Deadnau5 wrote:
"
CutMySoul wrote:
"
Deadnau5 wrote:
Thanks for replying.

One last question, if I am not mistaken, your skill tree in your harbinger char differs from the skill tree displayes in the guide. Any reason for that =) ?

Goofy is playing this season another build, not the ST ele - he mentioned it a few pages back. Thats why his skilltree is a different one than in the guide.
"
Deadnau5 wrote:

Thanks for the clarification man, youre a real help int this thread =).

Thanks a lot! At least I try to clear things since I am really into this build.

Spoiler
"
Mesephne wrote:
Question.
I am a little confused about the curse setup.

The change log says,
"- Assassin's mark I do not think will be best anymore. I would change this curse to Elemental weakness.
- Orb of storms setup should be changed to Orb > Pcoc > curse on hit > ele weakness.

The gem setup list this:
"3L Setup: Curse on Hit > Assassins Mark > Herald of Ice/Thunder"
"4L Setup: Orb of Storms > Power Charge on Crit > Inc Aoe > Culling Strike"
"
Mesephne wrote:

So are we running Elemental weakness twice? Or does this mean a total change of gem setup that I am not understanding.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Yes, we're running it twice. At least the most of us. Feel free to find your own way if you think another gem-link-build could work out.
"
CutMySoul wrote:

No problem at all. In my opinion you should have of course an high amount of eDPS. All elemental classes (fire,ice,lightning) should be available. Increased AS + Crit.Chance as you've said is important aswell. My personal reference is, getting a claw with lifeleech in % (1,6 or 2,0) is better than f.e. 46 per hit.

Why would you even choose life leech in %? The % life leech is through physical dmg only, and this build is dealing negligible physical dmg. Shouldnt you go for flat amount of life gained for each enemy hit?
How is added cold better than phys to lightning?
Thanks for the build g00fy. I am running this one in current league.
The trash clear speed feels great. A bit fragile against bosses.
What would you recommend me to upgrade next ? (Profile is public)
I am guessing next step should be getting more HP on something but I am not sure what I should replace.

Also I did read all the pages and I am still confused on picking the right ele claw.
I was using a high dmg tri element one (without attack speed) earlier but now I have switched to a single element one with high attack speed - this one feels so much better even though there isn't much differece in tool tip
@OneUnited
I think you are correct, but it depends on how much damage somebody ends up with their claw.
For me it would only give 7 leech. O.o

@Kaizerbgr
Because we do not scale phys, using phys to lightning doesn't give us more elemental damage than added cold. For me, Phys to Light would be a 27.6% dps loss. It would only be worth using if we were doing a phys claw and converting to elemental for damage, but it's hard to get full conversion.

@RocketRandom
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
Stats: High lightning dmg > High Fire/Cold dmg > Attack Speed > Crit > Crit Multi. Your first "mapping" dagger should be dual ele dmg with crit + attack speed. Upgrade later on to HOPEFULLY Tri ele dmg with 1.7+ attack speed and 8%+ crit. Crit multi is very hard to get with the 5 other mods you need and it will cost you a LOT.
2 quick questions - I have been running some labs for enchants and luckily or unluckily enough received the 20% increased spectral throw projectile speed. Any thoughts on if this is a good thing for this build?

Also having trouble figuring out which claw is better - I realize sheet DPS isn't the defacto way. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Higher atk speed claw feels better to me with the life leech etc... but hard to tell, will do some more testing tonight.

Thank You!
@smo
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
Stats: High lightning dmg > High Fire/Cold dmg > Attack Speed > Crit > Crit Multi. Your first "mapping" dagger should be dual ele dmg with crit + attack speed. Upgrade later on to HOPEFULLY Tri ele dmg with 1.7+ attack speed and 8%+ crit. Crit multi is very hard to get with the 5 other mods you need and it will cost you a LOT.

Also, you can load your character into PoB to see the numbers.
"
zell580 wrote:
@smo
"
g00fy_goober wrote:

Also, you can load your character into PoB to see the numbers.

At work and didn't get a chance to install POB. Thanks, will do that later!

I read the whole guide - I was more or less looking for anecdotal feedback on atk speed and which claw should perform better. I know the first one is higher eDPS - but doesn't seem to "play" better as far as i can tell.
Last edited by smo on Aug 18, 2017, 8:27:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info