[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
tomay wrote:

Well, if the map has other mods such as "extra damage as", Shock will be calculated before them.

Are you sure?

I thought the map mods "%extra damage as" worked like eg. added fire gem, hatred aura or taste of hate. I also thought "increased monster damage" or "unique boss deals increased damage" functions like %inc. dmg from tree works on us, but on the monsters.

Shock and curses are different to those, as they don't effect the damage dealer, but the damage reciever. Projectile weakness "Cursed enemies take 54% increased damage from projectiles", vurnelability also uses the wording "Cursed enemies take". Wither "casts a debilitating effect on enemies...increases the chaos damage they take". I think these things mentioned here work additively to each other and the sum of those is multiplied with the dmg monsters or we make.

So if 1 projectile mob does 100 phys dmg and has 100% extra dmg as fire, it will do 100 phys+100 fire. If we then are shocked, we will take 1.5*200=300 dmg. If we also have 20/20 proj weakness on us, we will take (1.5+0.54)*200=408. If monsters have 40% inc dmg, we would take 200*1.4*2.04=571.

Now assuming we have no curses on us, aren't shock going to work as a more multiplier as mentioned here? Would be strange if it wouldn't.
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
"
borgfish1 wrote:
Hello,

i have checked prices and essence of hysteria is like 50c (one) on std, is that absolutely needed ? thanks!

It's not a must, check the budget gear title in the build post. If I would chose one of helmet or sceptre, I would get the sceptre with hysteria.
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
I can only afford 1 Essence of Hysteria currently.
Should I enchant the Weapon or Helm? And is there an easy way to get the normal weapon without trading?

Does it require BOTH to get the build working properly?

And for the Rings. Is it better to use 2x MOKOU'S EMBRACE, or just 1 + EMBERWAKE?
"
ChrispieD wrote:
Are you sure?

As I understand it, increased damage (i.e. from Shock) is additive to the base damage of the initial hit, whatever multiplicative modifiers come into play (crit, extra/more damage) will be calculated after this.
"
doe3879 wrote:
Should I enchant the Weapon or Helm?

Then craft a sceptre (Opal or Void for the 40% incr elem dmg implicit). Fire Burst is our "kill skill".

Use Chance to Ignite gems in helmet and boots for the time being (Flammability can wait), this will give you four spells with a high chance to ignite, which should be plenty to heal with Eye & Razor.

If you want, use high level Flammability in your chest and cast it manually... we have nothing better to do anyway and it's way more effective at bosses than the lvl 5 gem in the lvl 1 CWDT setup. ;)

In fact, I want to test some b@d@ss (non-hysteria) armour/life/str helmet with CtI myself (should be around 200 more HP) ... if I get around to it, but atm I'm just enjoying another build too much.

"
doe3879 wrote:
And for the Rings. Is it better to use 2x MOKOU'S EMBRACE, or just 1 + EMBERWAKE?

I'd go with 2x Mokou's... if you don't have The Taming.
Last edited by tomay on Jan 4, 2017, 4:45:21 PM
What would you say are the pros and cons of AoF vs... well, not-AoF? I'm considering dropping a jewel for Mantra of Flames to provide the bare minimum fire damage to all spells, allowing me to deal more damage with all my CWDT setups (more leech) and also drop two passive points which could be put towards more survivability. Thoughts?

Edit: Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, poe forums are atrocious for searching for topics and there are quite a lot of pages in this thread now :)
Last edited by friendly_skeleton on Jan 4, 2017, 4:54:55 PM
"
tomay wrote:
Then craft a sceptre (Opal or Void for the 40% incr elem dmg implicit). Fire Burst is our "kill skill".

Could you point me out how to craft that.

sorry for all these question, I play the game on and off and never gotten a character passed lv 70. Still don't know much about the game.

I know there are vendor recipes and master enchanting but never fully understand them.
Last edited by doe3879 on Jan 4, 2017, 4:59:47 PM
"
doe3879 wrote:
"
tomay wrote:

Could you point me out how to craft that.

sorry for all these question, I play the game on and off and never gotten a character passed lv 70. Still don't know much about the game.

I know there are vendor recipes and master enchanting but never fully understand them.

He means use an Essence of Hysteria on an Opal Sceptre - it guarantees the mod '10% chance to cast level 20 Fire Burst on hit', which is the powerhouse of the build. CWDT setups trigger, they hit enemies, 10% of those hits trigger Fire Burst, which deals an awful lot of damage.
"
tomay wrote:
"
doe3879 wrote:

Use Chance to Ignite gems in helmet and boots for the time being (Flammability can wait), this will give you four spells with a high chance to ignite, which should be plenty to heal with Eye & Razor.

If you want, use high level Flammability in your chest and cast it manually... we have nothing better to do anyway and it's way more effective at bosses than the lvl 5 gem in the lvl 1 CWDT setup. ;)

In fact, I want to test some b@d@ss (non-hysteria) armour/life/str helmet with CtI myself (should be around 200 more HP) ... if I get around to it, but atm I'm just enjoying another build too much.

"
doe3879 wrote:

I thought stacking ignites was a key component of our damage? How is that done without emberwake? What makes two Mokous better?
"
Vertiblade wrote:
"
tomay wrote:
"
doe3879 wrote:

"
doe3879 wrote:

I thought stacking ignites was a key component of our damage? How is that done without emberwake? What makes two Mokous better?

I'm not 100% on this, but I think that Emberwake without the Taming is essentially useless - the multiple ignites will never add up to the power of a single decent ignite from Fire Burst thanks to the 80% less burning damage... however, when you add The Taming into the mix, every ignite you stack with Emberwake gives you 10% increased elemental damage, which really does help in single target.

But without a Taming, you're better off with the superior stats of Mokou's Embrace - the chance to ignite, chance to be ignited, resistances, and buffs while ignited are just better for clear speed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info