[2.6] Norse's Earthquake Slayer / Budget Viable / Guardian & Shaper Farmable

Thank you!
"
Follow-up: is Kitava's Feast also okay with this build?
s

in my previous reply to someone else with the same question.

"
CliffAhead wrote:
"
FenixLeeYiRen wrote:
Hey Guys! curious, will Kitava's Feast work?

pretty sure EQ does not qualify as a single-target melee attack, so you're losing out on the unique part of the axe.

poetrade has it selling now at 43c cheapest. you can get a 400+ pDPS axe with 15c.

edit: hezmana's 400+ pDPS is now selling for 1 alch. get that, get a jeweller's touch for 27c. you're 1 step away from Atziri.
"
Farkies wrote:
So I have a couple of issues with the build. Now, I know I'm no where near as experienced as Norse, but hear me out.

The speccing so heavily into endurace charges just seems insane to me. Generating them via Leap Slam is feels like more of a chore than part of a movement skill. And then taking 5 total? It just seems like total overkill to me, maybe I'm not using leap slam enough? I just don't ever see myself capping out at 5 charges.

Also, I can understand going for a 6L Warchief Totem, if you HAVE a disfavour or if you slot the poison (which I'm not sure is even worth if we aren't abusing poison). Wouldn't it just be better to have our 6L EQ, and just a 4L Warchief?

Am also skeptical about the duel curse setup. The way I'm trying to play, I want to just zerg down Izaro. The 60% reduced curse effects, and having to fit +1 curse somewhere (I really don't like Cospris) just doesnt seem worth it at all. So I'm almost thinking a 6L axe, CWDT setup, 4L WC, and a herald of ash with enduring cry would almost be more efficient.

Once again, I'm a novice compared to OP. Would appreciate any input. Much love.

EDIT: So based on my own complaints, I've started using my leap slam as a primary movement rather than just trying to get over ledges, etc. I can see the appeal, once I get my faster attacks leveled up. I'm still keen on just using Enduring cry though (personal preference).

And just a random question to anyone, Why Axes? Is it due to their high dps? I like Maces thematically, and am just curious as to why any 2H weapon couldn't be used. A lot of the axe nodes do seem to be higher DPS than mace nodes, so just want some sort of insight here.

Also stuns are a bitch pre Brutal Fervor, I almost recommend rushing tha tbefore grabbing Bane.

i'm on the fence myself regarding so many endurance charges and its generation as well. In the guide, Norse uses enduring cry on an unset ring to generate endurance charges. i don't intend to use an unset ring, so probably gonna do without enduring cry, which also means that i won't be speccing into that many endurance charges. +2/3 from passive skill tree is probably fine.

regarding dual curses: it's for both offence and defence. vulnerability increases the amount of damage taken by mobs, while temporal chains slows the mobs down, and increases the duration of DoTs on them. this makes it infinitely easier to kite the mobs and drop totem at the same time. i've been so arrogant face tanking all bosses until i hit a twin boss that spams firestorm and takes my ass like a little bitch. after 2 deaths i decided to kite like the pussy i am and surprise! no dmg taken, both boss down within 1 min.
not dissing you or anything, but sometimes it's your(mine) playstyle that undermines the effectiveness of the build. it took me 2 deaths to learn it. at least i wasn't on hardcore.

axes vs maces. maces' give an implicit chance to stun, which is.. un-needed in this build. and mace passives generally lean towards stun chance/duration.
"
Runal wrote:
I am really enjoying this build so far but i as well have a complaint about the endurance charge issue. Could we replace temporal chains with warlords mark. I figure temporal chains just slows enemies to help us survive but with warlords mark we would make up for that with better leech. We would also get more mana leech from it. And then best of all we would get easier endurance charge generation. Any thoughts on this?

from reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4deq4e/blasphemy_enfeeble_vs_temporal_chains/

from poe wikia:
Temporal Chains will make temporary effects pass more slowly than it normally would, including itself. The duration listed is already modified to take this into account, so the listed duration on the skill isn't actually changed. (note: The more slowly expiry is affected by modifiers, that increase or reduce the curse effect. The duration of Temporal Chains is calculated without these modifiers and can be changed this way). Damage over time debuffs will expire more slowly, but will cause the same amount of damage per second they normally would. this means your damage PER SECOND remains the same, but the time is lengthened. coupled with poison and bleed, this means you can kite the boss for a longer time before refreshing the DoTs.
"
Cromi38 wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Cromi38/characters

What should be my next upgrade for my char. I have 5.4k HP max. I die more than half the time and I'd really like to farm uber lab. Is there something obvious I'm missing? I feel like I'm also doing a little less damage and the fights take awhile since I have to put down AW then run over and over. Thanks.

you're not causing bleeding, so remove that bloodlust from your gem setup.

honestly, looking at your gear, i don't see how you're not killing fast enough?

if it's survivability issue, maybe replace rapid decay with fortify on your EQ setup?

when you drop AW and run over and over, are you EQ-ing the ground to proc the shockwave? i just learnt to do that last night after getting my ass handed to me by a twinned boss spamming firestorm.

1 thing that might seem insignificant, but is your hotkey mapping optimised? it sounds silly, but just from changing my hotkey mapping, my clear speed doubled immediately.

take a look at my profile if you want.
Anyone want to tell me quick if the nerf to AOE for Earthquake really hurt the build?
"
Anyone want to tell me quick if the nerf to AOE for Earthquake really hurt the build?

not as far as i can tell. if you're comparing to the meta builds now it's a moot point anyway since there's only "meta builds" and "everyone else"
Lets discuss cospri's version vs brass dome and veruso's battering rams.

cospri seems great for mapping but veruso' and dome seem much better for uber lab?
"
Aziah wrote:
Lets discuss cospri's version vs brass dome and veruso's battering rams.

cospri seems great for mapping but veruso' and dome seem much better for uber lab?

my 2cents:

brass dome reduces block chance but negates critical strikes. this means that there'll be no spike damage when tanking the boss.

the flat armor is only viable if you specced into +armour% in your passive tree.

veruso's fucks you up if you get stunned (not sure if this is an issue in uber labs)
4% increased melee damage per endurance charge works if you have a total of +6 charges.

my view is that it gimps your build significantly, and practically removes your versatibility.

cospri's gives you poison on hit, and ability to stack 2 curses on the boss. granted the boss is highly resistant to curses ( 60% reduced effect IIRC), but what this achieves is that you're able to kite the boss more effectively while spamming EQ and AW. it's a far less risky way.

i assume you're thinking of brass dome + veruso to facetank?
Started off with a FB totem inquisitor this league and eventually rolled EQ slayer again before reaching red maps. I played EQ in breach as well and managed to complete all the content including shaper and uber atziri. IMO the 2.6 AOE nerfs are hardly noticeable to me and it still plays very smoothly, but obviously isn't top tier clear speed.

My passive tree is here https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAASzBS0HdQmWCbsLYQxwDR8OPBNMFCAUTRRxFewX4RiRGjghVSb4JyAnLyefLPsxnjWSOQ46UjrhO7Y8BTwoPC09_ECgQYdGt0d-SdVN404yUEdYY1nzXhNfP2EhYVJkUmVNZadnm2hYaGVo8nKpdO12rHh6eu97dHzZggeDX4PMhNmE74WnhmCGtIdqidiKIorwjM-QVZd5nL6iAKU1plepJ6mUrKquPq5Qr2yygLc-uR28n702vqfAZsCmxPbGrsqQz37Tb9eW2L3ZfNrB3D3kUelG6hjvDu9O73zwH_JF82_z3fVh9kj3Mvjr_Ev-Cv6P.

There are some differences between Norse's tree and mine but the main ones are that I don't get any extra endurance charges aside from the Oak quest reward. He also goes for more life leech and regen than I do but I think I end up with more increased life nodes overall, along with 1 extra jewel socket. Most of my life leech comes from the buffed carnage heart unique. I think my tree ends up with more damage overall and more life, but doesn't have that physical damage reduction granted by all the endurance charges.

In my next couple of passive points I can either get some of the remaining life nodes or work towards By the Blade, which could be better than Slaughter since only 3 points are needed and the attack speed nodes heading towards Slaughter brings our attack speed closer to the aftershock duration and it ends up bugging out if the attack time and duration are too close to each other, even if the attack time is still longer.

Gear included below. Jewels are all increased max life, increased area damage with one more random damage mod.

Spoiler

If you've got any questions I'm happy to answer them.
Last edited by veried on Mar 23, 2017, 9:40:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info