[3.8 BUFFED] Demi's PURE STRENGTH Righteous Fire Chieftain! SUPER BUDGET (TO START) ALL CONTENT

"
Ramenonrocks wrote:
Greetings!

I decided to start trying an RF build for this league, and it's unfortunately led me to bounce from one build to the next in an attempt to find a play style I enjoy. Overall, RF has been a bit frustrating for me. Ultimately, I feel as though I'm not burning through things quite quick enough - which ends up more often than not with dying.

I will say that with this build, I have been dying a lot less, however I still feel as though my damage isn't quite where I'd like it to be. So if anyone can help me trouble shoot what I'm doing incorrectly, I would appreciate it greatly!

Pastebin for PoB
https://pastebin.com/xUJPNzvj

So, I started this build out originally focusing on Endurance Charges, Blade Vortex, and RF. Originally I had used Balefire with a totem to allow for extra DPS/distraction.

When switching over to this current build, I was only able to afford a four-link chest for Ball Lightning/Cast when Damage Taken/Flammability/Curse on Hit. All other skill gems are present except for Orb of Storms and Scorching Ray. During this time, I noticed that my DPS was lackluster on most Rares, and every boss. I still go through most normal/magic mobs without much of an issue. My general thought process was to activate auras, activate RF, shield charge into a group, hit the Ruby Flask and Enduring Cry, and reapply as necessary. When Vaal RF collected enough souls, I would apply that as well.

Tonight, I grabbed a Tabula Rasa because I was thinking of switching to a new character/build entirely, but I needed currency for that build anyway. I figured I might as well try out the build with Orb of Storms and Scorching Ray on. I was able to burn through Rares a lot more quickly, but bosses I still struggled a fair bit with. Admittedly, I'm still fairly awkward with Shield Charge, and don't utilize it as much. I figure most of the DPS is coming from RF, so staying within range is ideal. Essentially, my strategy is still the same - Shield Charge into enemies, proc Ruby Flask/Enduring Cry/Vaal RF as much as possible, and use Scorching Ray to deal additional damage.

The other portion is that I know my equipment isn't the most ideal - but I do have overcapped res in everything except Chaos, and my life is currently sitting around 5700.

So, if anyone can help me with either what I should prioritize for equipment in my build to sky rocket the DPS, or even just how to properly run the build in general (I did see the video, and I do my best to mimic that.) I would appreciate it!

Thanks, and may you all have good loot!

There are a ton of cheap gear upgrades you should really get. Don't forget RF does more damage the more HP you have. The Doon Cuebiyari is only like 1c and a huge damage boost, Belly of the beast is only 8c so if you can manage to get the colors you need on that, it would be huge. Replace Kaom's Sign ring with literally anything with more life and some resists you may need, should only cost a couple chaos to replace it with a budget one. If you can afford it buy an ilvl 82 elder praetor crown, I think I got mine the other day for 10c and then buy a essence of horror for 18cish if you have enough, that will get you 30% more elemental damage and you can socket your RF in it, if your lucky you might get one of the other support gem mods as well.
Is there an updated Path of Building pastebin? The one listed in the guide doesn't import anything, and the images for the leveling tree are outdated with the new passive changes.
"
Marthix wrote:
Is there an updated Path of Building pastebin? The one listed in the guide doesn't import anything, and the images for the leveling tree are outdated with the new passive changes.

I have been playing this build for the past 3-4 days and I am currently level 89. I made some modifications to suit the way I like to play. I imported my character and then made some leveling tree's on PoB. Down at the bottom you can cycle between the tree's. My gear is no where near complete, I am just working on farming currency. You can see the pob with this: https://pastebin.com/eXaNKSxc
"
Mithology wrote:

There are a ton of cheap gear upgrades you should really get. Don't forget RF does more damage the more HP you have. The Doon Cuebiyari is only like 1c and a huge damage boost, Belly of the beast is only 8c so if you can manage to get the colors you need on that, it would be huge. Replace Kaom's Sign ring with literally anything with more life and some resists you may need, should only cost a couple chaos to replace it with a budget one. If you can afford it buy an ilvl 82 elder praetor crown, I think I got mine the other day for 10c and then buy a essence of horror for 18cish if you have enough, that will get you 30% more elemental damage and you can socket your RF in it, if your lucky you might get one of the other support gem mods as well.

A quick update, I nabbed a Doon and I changed the ring and there is a huge difference. I really appreciate this! Now to spend all my chroms trying to get the right colour sokets on Belly of the Beast..
can i make this build in scion -guardian/ chieftain assendancy?
hi, i would like to ask some question, im still new so sorry if my question look stupid

is molten shell better than scorching ray? arent molten shell counteract with EE?

for ring currently i use kaoms way and pyre is it good or regular ring with HP and resist like op's example better?

lastly how do you manage with the lack of dex?
Is anybody else using Armageddon Brand? I've got it supported with Arcane Surge, Combustion, and Faster Casting.

I ended up switching to AB in the 40s after melee damage really started to fall off due to a lack of scaling. I just switched over to RF after hitting 65 and find AB really smooths things out with stragglers and whatnot while giving me ignites. Meanwhile, the scorching ray totem just dies so quickly and is annoying to recast. Perhaps I'll swap in SR and self-cast it during boss fights.

In any event, was wondering if anybody has really tested it thorough and figured out if it's a worthwhile option long-term.

~~~
Edit: Just realized that if I'm using EE, the hits from the AB would mess things up. So it that takes EE off the table, I'm guessing it's a net DPS loss.
Last edited by RedsManRick on Dec 22, 2018, 4:04:54 PM
Hello,

I think that my character is squichy, and loose a lot of life.

What can i improve ?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/imbakbrah92/characters
"
imbakbrah92 wrote:
Hello,

I think that my character is squichy, and loose a lot of life.

What can i improve ?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/imbakbrah92/characters

your character is biggest mess since Jeb Bush. Read the guide. you arent using Scorching ray to deal dmg but for debuff, . and you should have life and str almost max rolls on every piece of your rare gear. yoyr jewels all suck. oh and ''to attack'' doesnt apply to righteus fire. Im very surprised you even made it this far
oh and spec in unwavering stance
Last edited by Clickar1 on Dec 23, 2018, 3:09:18 PM
Currently using this build and like it.

Just want to make few additional tips for POE newbies like me:

1) It is pretty obvious, but I had to investigate it,

When you got closer to endgame content, try to setup Purity of Fire gem lvl-21 in corrrupted item with "+2 level of Socketed AoE Gems". That will give you additional 1% max fire res, what is giving you more confidence in -max res locations

2) Try to kill mastermind and find

which will have 1 Unveiled mode. Or buy it without already veiled mode. The point is that it can allow you to take flask suffix for craft and as for me Ruby Flask with +3% regen for 6 sec is a good flask.

May be there are better craft mods, didn't investigate alot, cause was too excited when saw this one. Anyway build is not about unique flasks, so take in mind such option
p.s. you definetely can just buy such crafted flask =)

3) Currently I'm working on Watcher's Eye with 2 mods "#% increased Life Recovery Rate while affected by Vitality" and "#% increased Life Recovery Rate while affected by Vitality". It is very expensive modification, but in my mind it should be great. If you wanna develop with this build, think you should keep in mind such option as well. Furthermore, this jewel could have mod and for yours Purity of Fire

May be all this things were in discussions or even in guide, but I didn't find it and just wanted to share

Finally I have not alot of characterrs in profile, so you easily can find current if you interested. Gear is far from ideal, working on it, but who knows, may be someone can look and give some tips, how to improve=)
Last edited by miikemnn on Dec 24, 2018, 3:49:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info