[3.8 BUFFED] Demi's PURE STRENGTH Righteous Fire Chieftain! SUPER BUDGET (TO START) ALL CONTENT

Hi There,

First, thanks a lot for the guide. Having been playing the RF life build since the start of this league. And would like to share with you my own experience.
I used to only play ranged build, thought it will be safer, but after three leagues of playing, I realized that the ranged build is not that tanky, and usually gets annoying when dealing with reflect maps. Then I decided to build a tanky one and RF life build seems to be the right choice. After reading some guides, I decided to go with Demi's build as Chieftain. For the first month, I enjoyed the relaxed playing style, and get to the red maps (tier 11 to 12) easy, then I start to feel "squishy", even I am at 11000 HP with my kaom's. I noticed that the most dangerous moment is when my immortal call ends, since it is when I have no End charges (5 max at the moment). Then I decided to remove the immortal call gem. It did help a little. But when I running into long boss fight and I do not have End charges, things get hard and dangerous. Also sometimes, I feel my damage is not there and my movement speed is low.
Then I decided to give Juggernaut a try. First feeling is it is faster, but my life pool drop to ~10000. Also my life regen is down from ~1800/s to 1200/s. So I decided to use two Kaom's ways. At this point, I feel that Juggernaut is really strong. Since, now I have 8 End charges, and give me >2200/s regen when they are up. And I have 32% more phys reduction, and +32% all res. Even though my HP is down to 9100, the damage seems to be comparable to Chieftain. I also respec the tree to do dual curse (Flamm+ Vul or Flamm + Enfeeble). But it comes the problem of keeping all End charges up, since I have to do Endurance cry a lot, which is not my "AFK" style. This is mostly annoying when dealing with the "trash" mobs, since they rarely hit you to trigger the End charge gain. Then I realize that there is this "the Red Nightmare" jewel. Put it in the socket next to "Stamina", and respect to have "Diamond Skin" and "Fire Resistance". Now you have 41% chance to gain End charge on kill, and 14% more chance to block, puts me at 38% chance block, and 41% with tempest shield up. I immediately feel much more comfortable and tankier, since my End charges are always up. During the boss fights, I just do Endurance cry every 12sec to keep the charges up full, then I can face tank all the map bosses up to tier 14 or 15, except the Lair map (Tier 13) boss, which is a difficult one.
At the meantime, Juggernaut seems to be very good in Labs. Since, first for those traps, you just Endurance cry a few times to get all you End charges up, then run through all of them and don't even feel they exist, because you have >2200 regen and >32% phys reduction, plus if you have fortify, with the jugg buff, it is >57%, then I use chaos golem, the total will be >61% phys reduction.
Now I am at lvl92, it is a shame not get a chance to try the guardians and shaper yet. But I am still happy that this is the first time a build got me so far to tier 15. I could not imagine, with my humble ranger builds (maybe cost more), it can get me there without dying horribly.
Last edited by BrainRadio on Apr 14, 2017, 4:08:06 PM
BrainRadio, although I have not played this particular build, I am familiar enough w/RF to tell you that from what I have seen, at lvl 92 you should be able to at least get 1 or 2 of the guardians. They just take practice like everything else in this game.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
BrainRadio, although I have not played this particular build, I am familiar enough w/RF to tell you that from what I have seen, at lvl 92 you should be able to at least get 1 or 2 of the guardians. They just take practice like everything else in this game.

Thanks Kolvaboo, I just don't have the luck to get the map by myself yet. with your comments, I feel confident that I should be able to do the guardians.
Last edited by BrainRadio on Apr 14, 2017, 2:13:41 PM
"
BrainRadio wrote:
"
kolyaboo wrote:

Thanks Kolvaboo, I just don't have the luck to get the map by myself yet. with your comments, I feel confident that I should be able to do the guardians.

if you can hit 9k or so life with 7 endurances up and forty/enfeeble on bosses you'll be fine. guardians aren't too bad, the main annoying one is phoenix because of his -max fire res as the fight drags on. rest are ez
🥚 IGN: demigodking | Creator of Demigod's Wager
🍋 twitch.tv/demi | youtube.com/demigodkinglol
🥔 Mirror Thread (400+ Services): pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1753977
🍋 #1 Items, IIQ MF Item Duplication Services, Carries and More!
🥚 TheSpiderQueenByDemi - Hall of Grandmasters
Hello Demi's ! First, thanks for the build, i'm not RF yet, i wait some gear, but it's gonna be amazing 100% :) - And sorry for the bad english, not my native language ^^' -

But got some questions ! Does the nodes of Holy Fire (Increase burning dmg) in scale on RF dmg, of what i see on POEWiki it shoulda be yeah, but i want to be sure ? :)
If yeah => Could it be worth to take these nodes and purity of flesh than going for cruel preparation and blast radius ? (If we dont get enought aoe go for a support gem ?) I dont realise for the moment !
Yes, holy fire works with RF. Unfortunately is too far away.
"
"
BrainRadio wrote:
"
kolyaboo wrote:

if you can hit 9k or so life with 7 endurances up and forty/enfeeble on bosses you'll be fine. guardians aren't too bad, the main annoying one is phoenix because of his -max fire res as the fight drags on. rest are ez

Sounds good, I actually have 8 endurance charges now, can go 10 if needed. I will give a try on the guardians soon.
Is anyone using Xoph's Heart Amber amulet? Is it worth the money?
Doesn't Molten Shield mess up EE if it explodes? Do you just bank on it not going off with the higher CWDT? Does Vortex proc EE often enough not to need the "added cold/light" to attacks or should that def be on something to proc from Shield Charge/Cyclone? And if that's the case, can Vortex be swapped for something else, or is there a reason you run with Vortex specifically?

Thanks for the build idea, gonna give it a go :)
It's better to be Lucky, than Good
"
Veriol wrote:
Is anyone using Xoph's Heart Amber amulet? Is it worth the money?

Not worth to use Xoph's Heart Amber. Too low life and str. Your damage is based on life pool, so get an amulet with a total of at least 120 HP (70-79 life + some 43+ strength as affixes and another 20+ strength as implicit) like:

or

Don't forget that 2 str = 1 life and from tree we get tons of life multiply.

About molten shell+CWDT+ life leech: yes molten shell does fk with EE when explodes. With lvl 21 CWDT and q 20 I get a tool tip of 40k damage. For the sake of math will presume the fire resitance 0, and therefore all the damage is done to the boss (on trash mobs is useless). 2% life leech will give 800 HP regeneration that stretch over few seconds. If you use kaom heart the 3 sockets from weapon can be put to better use tbh.
Vortex as cyclone has the same crit chance, but vortex can have more blades that hit so you get better chance to process the Elemental overlord. EE will not be processed if you don't have cold or light attacks on a piece of equipment. I use both of them. Cyclone to get fortify and life gain on hit, vortex to apply the curses because I am lazy player.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info