[3.17] The Warchief | [Facebreaker] Ancestral Warchief | Uber Boss Farmer | Beginner -> Expert

"
subiedude8 wrote:
I can attest to Minotaur one-shotting you easily with Abyssus. On the other hand, if the map has damage mods, you will probably get one shot either way.

I sold my Abyssus because I hated having to play careful, but after running Shaper a few times, I'm wondering if I should reinstate it. I feel like my dps is simply lacking. Some of my skill gems are level 19 and 0% quality, so I'm not sure how much of a boost this will give me. The rest of my gear seems pretty solid though. I have 4 jewels with 12% dmg mods on them (since you can't see those).

Any other suggestions?

Shaper is definitely a case where defense is largely irrelevant- if Shaper is going to kill you, your gear doesn't matter 90% of the time. One of the few times where Abyssus is the smart choice.

That said, quality gems are a pretty big deal too.
hello, new to this game and i want to now if that build is hardcore viable.. there is any change to do?
People running Tukohama's shields, what are your opinions? Everything I've read about Tukohama is people advising against it, so I'm hesitant to grind a little more and drop 400~c on a shield.

More than just what the raw numbers are, how does Tukohama's gameplay feel vs 'low budget', etc.?

And when dealing with PoB, it's safe to just take DPS x3 when dealing with Tukohama?
Why do we use Faster Attacks instead of Maim? Path of Building gives more dps if we use Maim. Is it because of the colors needed (5R 1B vs 4R 1G 1B) ?
if I wanna go unwavering stance instead of vaal grace, what should I replace VG with?
"
ryzarector wrote:
And when dealing with PoB, it's safe to just take DPS x3 when dealing with Tukohama?

When all three totems are attacking, it'll do 3x PoB DPS. At any time when all 3 aren't attacking (one is out of range, one is dead, not all are set up yet, etc.), it will not. That's kind of the main rub with Tukohama's: it's not really THAT common to be in a situation where you have time to set up all 3 totems and then they have time to actually all attack for very long. Either everything's dead before totem 3 does much, or the boss is killing your totems enough that usually only 1 or 2 are actually doing anything. In either case, it's better to get more utility per totem, which means having auras on.

In hypothetical terms, Tukohama's shield does more damage. In practical terms, that's almost never true.

Edit
"
dsinc wrote:
if I wanna go unwavering stance instead of vaal grace, what should I replace VG with?

There are a few good options. I've replaced a lot of gems OP uses with other things, here are some I like:

I like to have CWDT Tempest Shield and Enfeeble. Both add a substantial amount of survivability. You could make a case for Temporal Chains over Enfeeble, too. I do this instead of Immortal Call- I don't usually find it good to lose all my endurance charges.

If you don't have a curse corruption on your facebreakers, manually casting vulnerability or elemental weakness (I prefer vulnerability) is a strong option.

Flame dash is super handy for getting over gaps and ledges, especially for lab running.
Last edited by Green9090 on Sep 4, 2017, 5:10:43 AM
"
dsinc wrote:

vaal grace is dodge, not evade, so u can use it together with unwavering stance
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383
Hideout Community Discord: https://discord.gg/B2xQkmf
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
Hello,
lvl 74 now in hardcore harbinger league, stuck on not going for Kitava kill yet.

What would you replace/upgrade first in my gear? Around 40c budget (thanks to a lucky good 5L prophecy)

Spoiler

(I am chieftain cause Berserker was a little risky for hardcore)
"
guggelhupf wrote:
"
dsinc wrote:

vaal grace is dodge, not evade, so u can use it together with unwavering stance

Oh, I see. Still though, the main reason I don't want VG is because I will forget to use 99% of the time I would actually need it, I'm thinking of testing warord's mark or rallying cry for now.
So OP is very misleading with his title and his DPS. He has boss as shocked in POB dps, you can not shock Shaper with Vaal trap, only if you do 10% of his hp or more in one shot. So real POB dps with best gear is maybe 1.6M BEST GEAR POSSIBLE...real dps under 1M probably. So I want to know from other people if other things in this build are BS too before I spend currency on it? Anyone taking out uber atziri easy? etc?
Last edited by lve2raft on Sep 4, 2017, 10:15:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info