Mechanical Questions Thread

Hey i have a question regarding hydrosphere. will we be able to use single target abilities on it? for example, will i be able to namelock it with glacial hammer or attach brands to it?
Replica Siegebreaker looks like a love letter written directly to Popcorn Skeletons, but there's a burning question to which there is not yet a documented answer:

Is the dead minion still the source of the Burning Ground damage? As in, any difference if you have Minion Damage support linked? Some think it's its own new source and thus scales only with the enemy's resistances.

POB Fork can't even recognize the mod :(
Last edited by therealtoothman on Jan 8, 2021, 10:31:06 PM
Hi, I'm trying to theory craft a Elemental hit build utilizing The Admiral chest armour and the line "Elemental Damage you Deal with Hits is Resisted by lowest Elemental Resistance instead" has me wondering how it interacts with resistance penetration. if I'm only dealing fire damage with the skill and I am focusing on lowering enemies cold resistance does that mean I have to socket cold penetration support instead?, Or does resistance penetration just not work anymore with the item.
"
TownsendX wrote:
Does the new Blackflame ring have a wasted stat?

The Fire Damage over Time multiplier on it looks useless to me if ignite is now dealing chaos damage instead of fire.

Unless Ignite is categorized as 'Fire Damage over Time' regardless of its damage, I don't see how it works. Can you clarify this?

Thanks for your time!
Unless 3.13 introduces a rules change, I think you're right. Converted damage is affected by modifiers to the type it was converted from, but damage over time can't be converted; the ignite deals Chaos damage "instead", which is different from conversion. Since GGG is obviously aware of this, I think it's safe to assume that the patch will introduce some sort of change to DoT modifiers that lets the modifier work.

edit: Blackflame actually says "Enemies take Chaos Damage from Ignite", not "Your Ignites deal Chaos Damage". Since Damage Taken modifiers apply after Damage Dealt, your Ignites are still Fire Damage at the end of Damage Dealt, and Fire DoTM applies, and Chaos DoTM does not.
"
wasted_46 wrote:
Noob question, but what's the interaction between the Elementalist's new shaper nodes (eg. your hits always ignite) and the Ele Focus support gem (supported skills cannot inflict ailments)?
"Always Ignite" basically means 100% change to Ignite. If you can't inflict an ailment, your chance to inflict it means nothing.
"
Replica Siegebreaker looks like a love letter written directly to Popcorn Skeletons, but there's a burning question to which there is not yet a documented answer:

Is the dead minion still the source of the Burning Ground damage? As in, any difference if you have Minion Damage support linked? Some think it's its own new source and thus scales only with the enemy's resistances.

POB Fork can't even recognize the mod :(
Since your Minions are creating the ground, minion modifiers (including Minion Damage Support) almost certainly apply.
"
Scorpio_X94 wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to theory craft a Elemental hit build utilizing The Admiral chest armour and the line "Elemental Damage you Deal with Hits is Resisted by lowest Elemental Resistance instead" has me wondering how it interacts with resistance penetration. if I'm only dealing fire damage with the skill and I am focusing on lowering enemies cold resistance does that mean I have to socket cold penetration support instead?, Or does resistance penetration just not work anymore with the item.
The modifier states "Damage Penetrates % Fire Resistance", not "Fire Damage Penetrates % Fire Resistance". If you can count on the enemy's Cold Resistance being lowest, then Cold Resistance will determine the damage taken. So yes, you want Cold Penetration rather than Fire Penetration. (However, the Penetration supports aren't usually top tier choices since there are so many other ways to reduce enemy resistances, so you might want to check whether another gem would give you more damage.)
Last edited by ekaye on Jan 9, 2021, 2:31:09 PM
My question is about the notable Doomsday.

I read somewhere that hexes on Hexproof enemies don't gain doom. Is that true?

Either way, since Hexproof enemies now can be hexed, does the effect of Doomsday which manually sets a hex's doom to the maximum do so even for hexes on Hexproof enemies?

The main purpose of this question relates to Hexblast versus hexproof enemies.
Hi everyone! I have some problems with The Hollow Pledge prophecy. Cant find out where is the correct one Tunneler. Which map should i run? Thank you and have a nice day!
"
poperemenno wrote:
Hi everyone! I have some problems with The Hollow Pledge prophecy. Cant find out where is the correct one Tunneler. Which map should i run? Thank you and have a nice day!

Grotto, geode, underground river.
Temple Of Atzoatl question:

I was in a party with a friend and he was the leader. I could not check the Temple map (Alva would always say she's busy), so had to explain what he saw to me in voice chat. It was very inconvenient. Is there a way around it?
"
SlyscaleSlick wrote:
My question is about the notable Doomsday.

I read somewhere that hexes on Hexproof enemies don't gain doom. Is that true?

Either way, since Hexproof enemies now can be hexed, does the effect of Doomsday which manually sets a hex's doom to the maximum do so even for hexes on Hexproof enemies?

The main purpose of this question relates to Hexblast versus hexproof enemies.
I see no reason why Hexes on Hexproof enemies wouldn't gain Doom as normal. Hexproof means "unaffected by Hex curses", not "immune to curses" like it used to, so Hexes can apply to them and gain Doom as they normally would.
I just noticed that Ice Spear has special handling of multiple projectile support, launching them in sequence rather than at the same time. Does it mean that a single target can be hit by more than one projectile from the same cast?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info