[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

So I have pretty much everything in this build and I love it. My problem is that with this build I kind of capped at t15, any recommendations for higher priced gear to push up or anyone have a pastebin using this build, but your gear and ability to do guardians and shaper?

https://pastebin.com/0psKcehn

I included my pastebin of my current setup and gear. I have 5 unspent skill points to float around with and not sure if I should focus on pure life %, some life/armor ones or some damage increase ones. I have everything that was set into the build, plus I spent 2 points to unlock a 3rd jewel spot on left side of map.
Last edited by vandalyst on Sep 20, 2017, 1:11:52 AM
Hi I did nearly same build but my cleave dps is only 65 k what I did wrong or what I should to make like ur 123 k dps ?
What do you recomend for Pantheon ?

Thank you !
Have you ever considered switching this build away from axes and towards swords?

If you watch alkaizer's cleave build you can pretty much see that crit + swords simply outperforms axes a lot.
It would still be gladiator, it would still feature bleed and explosions + charge generation from kills, but it would probably deal a lot more DPS.
Currently debating with myself if i should make the switch or not. I don't exactly know how to do the tree, it would definitely wander off to ranger and probably even into shadow, but it's really hard to find an efficient path.
What about pantheon? Thanks!
Hi, can this build work with champion ?
What would be the skill gem setup for lacerate? Or do you just use both lacerate and cleave at the same time, with the same setup?
Thanks for making this guide; I crushed all the bosses in act 1 and 2 on my new duelist/gladiator in a time frame of 10 seconds.
"
Player089 wrote:
Have you ever considered switching this build away from axes and towards swords?

If you watch alkaizer's cleave build you can pretty much see that crit + swords simply outperforms axes a lot.
It would still be gladiator, it would still feature bleed and explosions + charge generation from kills, but it would probably deal a lot more DPS.
Currently debating with myself if i should make the switch or not. I don't exactly know how to do the tree, it would definitely wander off to ranger and probably even into shadow, but it's really hard to find an efficient path.

I was considering this too, do you mind sharing your thoughts on the tree? Crit chance seems extremely hard to get without loosing survivability.
I'm pretty sure you cannot rely on uniques with 1h swords, so you'll need to find decent rares... and drop 1 aura I guess.

I only tried this build on turmoil, and mostly ssf. Had a lot of fun but I think you need to spend a bit once you start mapping seriously. Still an exetremely cheap build, and will try it again next league as a starter.
I switched from bringer of rain to abyssus (love the helm) + armor (running cherrubim's atm, belly or carcass may be better - missing the money). This lets you get an extra 4L for a secondary attack or another/better CWDT. You lose a bit of block this way, looking to get some from jewels. Moving to the right side of the tree might help with that.
I picked Rampart early and loving it tbh.

I would love to try Rigwald's (both axe and sword) with this build and see how it works out, it seems just perfect.
Been playing this build and just got into maps and been loving it!
Just a thought, what would the damage difference be if it was switched from Added Fire Damage to Maim Support? Would there be a significant reduction or increase in damage or stay roughly the same?

Thoughts anyone?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info