[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

guys,

How does Cleave and Lacerate compare? Which one can clear content better?

Cleave seems to have higher DPS number to me, but it lacks AOE?

Thanks,
love this build! playing with lacerate for the first time, really nice.

need some better jewels and ring/amu, then i will hit ~ 55-60k dps buffed

max % life/dmg jewels are quite expensive
"
Metaldan139 wrote:
love this build! playing with lacerate for the first time, really nice.

need some better jewels and ring/amu, then i will hit ~ 55-60k dps buffed

max % life/dmg jewels are quite expensive

Just keep scouting for gems, I grabbed some insane gems for about 2-3 chaos each while comparable gems were running 10+. Good deals can be had, and don't hesitate to message the guys that don't list a price, often that is where I find my best deals.

I've hit about 80k buffed DPS now at lvl 71 and without a soul taker (so expensive). When I finally got the BoR my DPS took off but so did my mana consumption, had to go back to carrying one mana pot for the moment :)
Back again!

Update on my progression:

Lvl 87:
Spoiler

my gear and flask set up!
Got the Soul Taker lastly because I thought the BoR was more important for psuedo 7 link.
Only recently got to T 10 maps so I'll keep you guys updated.
:)

With full reserved mana now, it feels a lot more solid.
Still wondering if I really need a basalt flask over a rumi's.
well i am lvl 93, and i think this build is fine for everything below t16 and uber stuff(like uber atziri), uber lab is easy
I ve tried to do Uber atziri - i felt lacking damage pretty badly even thou my gear wasnt taht bad:
(i know i can get better gloves and ring but would it change much? since i felt i need like 2x more damage at least)
Died once to trash,overestimated my tankiness and got bursted to 0 by ranged vaal things.
Did vaals, died 1 to a mistake, did like 1/5 of their health on appearing(kinda, terrible)
Then i have to kite and dodge around, and hit them when i had a chance, died to a double beam
Trio:
Died like 2 time overall:
We have to kill titty bitch 1st, but u have to go melee with her and her random rain hurts, died once
Then it was a doublestriker dude - dont even think of going near when he is buffed, hit him when he is not, kill the minions to keep charges up, spam enduring cry etc
Then it was the cycloner, i died couse i ran out of antibleed flask in the end, u can facetank him, he does no damage, his only damage source is 8 bleed stacks per hit.
Then on atziri, i managed to get her to the split phase, and there a complete terror begun, since u can burst her on appearing and u cant kite her on range, u have to try the hit and run, dodging stormcalls and flameblast all around u. Died one more time.Came back, finished the clone i was hitting, and after that died to a crit flameblast(yeah it hurts), couse leapslam animation isnt instant as whirling blades one.Thats pretty much it.

Pretty sure this build can do guardians if played smart, but idk about shaper, damage is too damn low.

PS:
My DPS fully buffed with conc effect: 250+k(plus poison/bleed) using cleave.
6.2 health 30% phys mittigation, 43% block/spellblock
I l try to invest more time/currency into build, and prob gonna try Uber Atziri again.
ur maybe i should try lacerate instead of cleave
Last edited by LostSinner666 on Mar 14, 2017, 6:30:00 PM
"
LostSinner666 wrote:
well i am lvl 93, and i think this build is fine for everything below t16 and uber stuff(like uber atziri), uber lab is easy
I ve tried to do Uber atziri - i felt lacking damage pretty badly even thou my gear wasnt taht bad:

Have you tried switching to 6L Belly & Devoto Helm? The DPS and Life should be higher. This is something I am working toward, but I don't have the currency yet.
i would probably went for kintsugi/legacy coil instead of belly if i would go for 6 link(the % life is not that significant, i would prefer some damage mitigation)
And i am not quite sure that damage will be much higher since BoR already has lvl 18 melee phys/faster attacks, so we are basically losing like 2% more damage, and about 12% aspd(couse faster attacks scale with quality)
Last edited by LostSinner666 on Mar 15, 2017, 6:39:09 AM
you could probably try going for a legacy soul taker. Combine that with upgraded rings/gloves/rustic sash and the DPS might just be enough.

Also the formatting on my guide got messed up and I cant revert it. I have messaged GGG support and hopefully it should be fixed soon.
Last edited by cookees on Mar 15, 2017, 10:54:23 AM
Hey,

First thing, thanks for the build. Loving it.

One query is how do we get/have "5 endurance charges" when the tree has no +endurance charges on it? Or am I missing something?

Thanks
If I can't afford Voidheart, should I use Snakebite instead of a Spike Glove? Which one should have higher net DPS?

The sheet DPS with my rare glove is higher, but I am not sure how much damage the Poison part adds when using Snakebite.

Any idea?
Last edited by TheHeadsmasher on Mar 15, 2017, 1:23:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info