StupidFatHobbit's Sovereign Filter

"
"
clawface wrote:
I want to play ED/Contagion caster on league start. However, I find it really confusing to set up the General filter for Caster Racing? Are you able to help me with this or know where I can download a racing caster filter for league start?

1) Set your preferred links in section 1. For ED it's pretty much blue across the board, so BBBB for 4s, BBB for 3s, etc.

2) Delete the melee/ranger levelling sections.

3) Profit

With your help and renewed confidence, I did it! Thank you! enjoy the new league!
Just a quick question. I notice that for racing you have:
#Safety Blocks

In game, I find that items that I didn't specify such as a wand with BBR, still shows up in-game with a white boarder. I suppose that is intended?
Last edited by clawface on Jun 7, 2019, 12:20:41 PM
"

aware of it and already accounted for

"
clawface wrote:
Just a quick question. I notice that for racing you have:
#Safety Blocks

In game, I find that items that I didn't specify such as a wand with BBR, still shows up in-game with a white boarder. I suppose that is intended?

Caster weapon highlighting will still show best wand basetypes with a light blue border while levelling unless you delete the section. The link section is for extra highlighting on preferred links.
IGN: Hobbit | twitch.tv/sfhobbit | Filter: poeurl.com/xZL
Hello, could someone help me with a filter in-general, i shamefully must admit i forgot how to set it up.

So is it fat.hobit and then i select all files and then save ? or is it different ?
"
Nozumi wrote:
Hello, could someone help me with a filter in-general, i shamefully must admit i forgot how to set it up.

So is it fat.hobit and then i select all files and then save ? or is it different ?

...what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XBPUpCuIUQ
"
"
Nozumi wrote:

...what?

Hey, installed your loot filter and there's no drop sounds? Kinda weird?
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
I think there's something different/bugged with gems dropping from Legion monsters/chests because my lv 1 19% vaal ice nova doesn't show as visible on the ground, neither on normal and on strict filter version.

I tried to edit filter but to no avail.

Spoiler

"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
"
Nozumi wrote:

...what?

Hey, installed your loot filter and there's no drop sounds? Kinda weird?

They fucked with something in 3.7 that has made sounds quiet for a lot of people. I had to turn my item filter volume way up as well. We'll see if they fix it in the next few updates otherwise I guess I'll just crank all the values in it way up.

In the meantime just try having your item filter sound volume at max with the others relatively low.

"
oddehh wrote:
I think there's something different/bugged with gems dropping from Legion monsters/chests because my lv 1 19% vaal ice nova doesn't show as visible on the ground, neither on normal and on strict filter version.

I tried to edit filter but to no avail.

Spoiler

Known issue.

99% sure they changed Gems in this update to have a rarity when they never did before. There's a line in the filter which hides normal corrupted items, this line has started vaal gems and it never used to.

I'm trying to figure out exactly what happened here but either way I'll release an update that fixes it within the next few days. It's line 2575 in the unedited General if you want to fix your current filter.

Frankly if they did indeed change Gems to always be normal quality without notifying us I'm going to be very fucking pissed off.
Last edited by StupidFatHobbit on Jun 9, 2019, 5:03:54 PM
Legion League Update I - Fix for Unannounced GGG Change

This update contains a fix for a change GGG made to filtering which was not announced in the patch notes or filter thread which caused Vaal Gems to be hidden.

Update Notes:
- Removed the "Corrupt Item Killer" block (located at 2575 in General, midway through section 10, if you want to delete the block without redownloading the filter)

I don't usually write about the behind-the-scenes in the patch notes but I feel this deserves an explanation as to why this update is necessary.

So here's what happened:

Apparently in 3.7 GGG has changed it so that all items without rarities (currency, gems, div cards, etc) are now categorized as Normal rarity for the purpose of filtering. I had a block midway through the filter which removed corrupted white items with the intention of reducing clutter in high level maps. This block has been in there for several updates now and has caused no issue prior to 3.7.0. Of all the affected item types only gems were located beneath this block.

It seems whoever at GGG made this change didn't just fail to notify the community but they also failed to notify the rest of the office. It was not communicated in the filter notes and the GGG staff I've talked to had no idea about it until I explained what happened.

This isn't the first, second, or even third time they've omitted critical information from the filter information thread and I genuinely wish they'd improve intra-company communication and take these threads a bit more seriously. I take great pains every launch to ensure there won't be any issues and playing the "What did GGG omit this time" game every time is very frustrating.

Other filter authors should also check their filters to see if this has caused similar problems.

Thanks to RichJMoney and Dissolator for helping bring this issue to light.

/rant

As usual, the best way to stay up to date on the filter is to follow the forum thread or to add me ingame. With the filter's increasing popularity, the best way to ask me questions about it is over my stream (twitch.tv/sfhobbit) as I simply cannot type while playing. Any lengthy inquiries will always be directed to the stream if it is online.
Last edited by StupidFatHobbit on Jun 9, 2019, 9:33:32 PM
Thank you Hobbit!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info