3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

"
rockz3r wrote:
Just Ran Hydra and Chimera as well.. Completely deathless , so , as of lvl 92 , i can do all Guardians deathless. Its just shaper , whom i cant kill. I guess , will try once my melee dmg at full liofe gem gets lvl 20 / 20q

It's not just you bro. Shaper is sh*t for melee characters. Mine was the first melee character to kill him and I can safely say I have zero desire to fight him. It's about as fun as getting cancer. Soup said he wasn't fun either. Just GGG's way of keeping us playing. It won't be too long and there will be epic builds out there that can tank him just like what happened with Uber Atziri. I suppose GGG will find a way to cripple our characters to make them hard again (Mjolner, anyone?) or come out with the new new boss who eats Shaper for breakfast and craps Uber Atziri at dinnertime.

Yippie skippie. Let's all go to the mountains!
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
"
Wild Strike is crap, but you probably know that.

I don't know if Wild Strike is crap, but I am very interested to read your opinion about the following build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1867849

It seems super tanky and Wild strike chains and is good for farming mobs in maps. If you can tell me why your build is better I am very interested because I am actually hesitating to go on playing your build or switching with the wild strike's build above.

Have a nice day !

P.S: I will add you as friend in a few minutes :)
Last edited by NemesoK on May 15, 2017, 1:22:55 PM
"
NemesoK wrote:
"
Wild Strike is crap, but you probably know that.

I don't know if Wild Strike is crap, but I am very interested to read your opinion about the following build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1867849

It seems super tanky and Wild strike chains and is good for farming mobs in maps. If you can tell me why your build is better I am very interested because I am actually hesitating to go on playing your build or switching with the wild strike's build above.

Have a nice day !

P.S: I will add you as friend in a few minutes :)

You want me to defend my build against another fellow builder? I didn't post all those videos of tanking for such things lol :D
poop a terd
Prepare. because its gonna to be a dump question i think..

Why do all of your flasks have "immune to bleeding" mod?
Only 3/5 of my pots have that. because I don't regen life due to vaal pact and bleed at high tiers can burst damage you if you take enough stacks. For example, since my build kills without thinking, when you kill a mob of corrupted bloodline monsters all with that mod you can take a dozen stacks of 1-2k per second bleed damage with no way to slow or stop it naturally: Pot, attack or die.

A lot of times the entire mob on screen will insta-die leaving me defenseless (no leech) to heal so I always have 2 bleed pots and the silver flask will change to other elements depending on the boss. I only need one but nothing else really phases my build so I just crafted 3.

I can tank uber trio but it still applies, anything that inhibits leech is a vital threat to neutralize but only bleed seems to be powerful enough. I can take 18 stacks of corrupted blood while attacking usually before health starts dropping, but without a bleed pot that many stacks would instantly kill me when I kill everything lol. Relying on leech as almost the sole defense can make you overly vulnerable when you cannot leech (or outleech) whatever is chipping away at your life. The best way for a monster to kill my dude is lay a poison or bleed trap and then kill itself so I cannot leech to heal lol that's why I have those pots
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on May 16, 2017, 7:38:07 PM
makin' bacon
Quick question, did you cut out the leveling guide? Recently started out this build and was following the leveling guide skill tree. Now that it has been cut off, I looked at the general skill tree and it differed from what i had been following. I can just start following the general skill tree but then i now have about ~12 points that need to be refunded, will it alter the build for the worse if i have a couple of points off if i decide not to refund?
Last edited by Yewrest on May 17, 2017, 12:22:38 PM
"
Yewrest wrote:
Quick question, did you cut out the leveling guide? Recently started out this build and was following the leveling guide skill tree. Now that it has been cut off, I looked at the general skill tree and it differed from what i had been following. I can just start following the general skill tree but then i now have about ~12 points that need to be refunded, will it alter the build for the worse if i have a couple of points off if i decide not to refund?

f*cking formatting issues, spent 3 hours yesterday trying to fix this weird Spoiler error, sorry, but thankfully after 3 years of this HTML coding crap I learned to keep a backup on Word document. Last of the tree that was chunked off has been returned bro!

LEVELING PASSIVE TREE, STARTING GEAR,
DEFENSE STRATEGY, POE TRADE GEAR
AND ENDGAME

Spoiler
note: He really just needs high life gear with siege axes (Soul Taker plus another siege axe, they are fastest). Gloves need Increased Attack Speed and 0.4% leech.

START
LEVEL 44 PASSIVE SKILL TREE http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAGsBCwAze4zG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8UIO8OUEfkUZd5KCqLT5tqhVLZYa2Nz35XDdIhns2nMJ_LwQR5aKlud-MB3ITZR369NmVNvqdgQWNwEdVXl0MxTP9OKiPTbyeaanas6hj3MnzZ8pxul_e-AAAPAAACAAfQAQH0AQMLAgYAAAA=
1. Get a Lakishu unique one handed sword as soon as you can. They're very cheap (2 alteration to 1-2 alch), It offers a built in Multistrike and will carry you through to lvl 60. In your 60's you'll want to look up Wings of Entropy if you're still broke and didn't have good luck with uniques. It's a very solid Dual Striker Axe and will easily carry you to 75+ while you build currency. It should cost an alch or 2, maybe 1 chaos.

2. Don't hesitate to get that +30 int node. You will have intelligence problems. Respec later once your jewelry makes up for it. Also, don't wear Kaom's Roots until you can max your res from just Jewelry, Belt, Gloves.

MID-GAME
LEVEL 55 PASSIVE SKILL TREE http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAJUhCwBIe4zG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8UIO8OUEfkUZd5KCqLT5tqhVLZYa2Nz35XDdIhns2nMJ_LwQR5aKlud-MB3ITZR369NmVNvqdgQWNwEdVXl0MxTP9OKiPTbyeaanas6hj3MnzZ8pxul_e-wBp4DbXycmxsRjIJbzs1kti9v9VTu0SeIWDBi4FBNe867XTxKaW_CCQ3AAAPAAACAAfQAQH0AQMLAgYAAAA=
LEVEL 76 PASSIVE SKILL TREE http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAM8hCwBle4zG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8UIO8OUEfkUZd5KCqLT5tqhVLZYa2Nz35XDdIhns2nMJ_LwQR5aKlud-MB3ITZR369NmVNvqdgQWNwEdVXl0MxTP9OKiPTbyeaanas6hj3MnzZwBp4DbXycmxsRjIJbzs1kti9v9VTu0SeIWDBi4FBNe867XTxKaXawXTtBS1brw2N_MXuDqOKI_ZNkrGzDHOVZhut-WMV8AX5lwYZisM6Kjgkiw-rFr8mlWHijX1VSy5T02-_CCQ3FumYVwAADwAAAgAH0AEB9AEDCwIGAAAA drop "lust of carnage" when you take "vaal pact"
3. If you're broke, save for that Soul Taker. But get a Bringer of Rain first. It should cost you roughly 1-5 chaos for even a good non-legacy Bringer of Rain. Soul Taker will cost anywhere from 35 chaos (great deal) to 60chaos/1exalt.

4. Get Rumi's flasks last, you can get away with some Granite Flasks/Basalt Till you have enough currency after your soul takers.

POE TRADE LINKS.
NOTE: links are for STANDARD league and are examples, including offline. Change all what you want through "show search form" button. You need 1.88 APS on the axe minimum guys and jewels must have 7% max life, APS, melee damage and if you're smart you won't settle for 3 affixes, you'll want that 4th. Fill in whatever gap in defense you have, most likely intelligence and a little resistances. These jewels are the ultimate endgame gear tactic, so don't skimp on one with 2-3 attributes but Soup says it's not the end of the world if you don't plan on killing Uber Atziri or Shaper.
axe: http://poe.trade/search/uazasitonomour
jewel: http://poe.trade/search/hitatonasitito

ENDGAME, GUYS THIS IS IMPORTANT
LEVEL 87 PASSIVE SKILL TREE http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAOkhCwBye4zG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8UIO8OUEfkUZd5KCqLT5tqhVLZYa2Nz37BBHloqW534wHchNlHfr02ZU2-p2BBY3AR1VeXQzFM_04qI9NvJ5pqdqzqGPcyfNnAGngNtfJybGxGMglvOzWS2L3awXTtBS1brw2N_MXuDqOKI_ZNkrGzDHOVZhut-WMV8AX5lwYZisM6Kjgkiw-rFr8mlWHijX1VS_jrZFJOMhfhJvgTTMGj4mEwd1n-891oZS5T02-btYTF_gryRTrhpldN4_6PlcztP21sNj2dqmyMvwgkNxbpmFf4X1_QAAAPAAACAAfQAQH0AQMLAgYAAAA= drop "iron reflexes" when you reach 6.5k life, drop "cloth and chain" when you're ok with resistances, drop "unwavering" when you can wear "kaom's roots"
LEVEL 94 PASSIVE SKILL TREE
You should just follow the lv100 tree and put points along the way where it helps you most according to YOUR weakness. I tend to go for more APS and Life nodes when I feel pressed. https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAHcBS0F-Qm7DHMNjQ48D6sR1RNMFCAUTRRxFfAWvxbpF-EYkRmKIZAj0yP2JDckiyaVJvgoKio4LlMwdzWSNug6UjrhPfxDMUd-SdVKfUz_TZJN404qTjJQR1VLV5dYY1ivWf5br18_X9BgQWHiY3BkUmVNZ6BoZW8nbzt07Xasd-N4DXrvfNmCB4TFhNmFUoZgh3aK8ItPjM-NfZVmlcyXBpd5mFeaaptqm7WjiqZXqW6tjbCrsbO18ryfvTa-p78IwBrBo8M6xILG2M9-02_Yvdlh2XzaweJh45_kUeoQ6hjtP-4O7w7yQfJF82_z3fZI9zL4X_jr-WP8S_zF_gr-jw==

6. Around lv85+ you'll see that one-shots become more common with rared/corrupted maps because of mods like vulnerability, +Damage Taken and temporal chains, among others to keep an eye on. The problem is honestly just life. It's math, as my dual striker has virtually no defense except a super-high life pool and leech so you'll need 6500 life to make endgame T15+ maps reliably cleared. You'll also see your not-awesome-enough siege axes swinging wayyyy too slowly for comfort due to temporal chains curses causing you to leech less and be even less mobile. You'll be frozen/chilled too which is also best counteracted with very high life plus freeze flasks since freeze is based on life pool per single hit but as a leecher it's not always the best buffer. So once you're taking an hour to clear one corrupted t12-15 map you will start to understand that it's time to start swapping out that old gear for true endgame gear, and this is where you either love this character as much as I do to make the cut or you quit him. With my improvements to the dual striker plus Soup's refinement of him for Shaper and Uber Atziri, even a budget build can make it to tank the Guardians and even farm double Malachai or wreck Atziri at Apex...but if you're reading this then you want Uber Atziri and Shaper, so it's time to get some godly gear.

Endgame gear like mine will cost you many, many exalts mainly due to the incredible rarity of 1H siege axes like mine that do as much as most epic 2H axes lol (mine sells for 250ex in standard and legacy Soul Taker runs around 180ex and the legacy Bringer of Rain is around 20ex). This is what you need to take on Shaper. Uber Atziri can be taken carefully with the new Voidheart setup but 8000 health is agreed by Soup and I to be the safe minimum to avoid petty deaths from a single attack. Malachai isn't really considered endgame these days but for what it's worth budget voidheart dual strikers can double boss him without too much hassle and deathlessly. Uber Trio can throw you off sometimes as they can burst damage you pretty fast even after you've memorized how to kill them a lot. And Shaper is the biggest steaming terd ever lol. He's hard for every melee character but my dude does pretty well against him.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Spoiler
is this build still viable after the void ring nerf?
dual striker has 3 sources to cause bleeding: leap slam, vengeance, totem. non legacy voidheart works enough good. when you leap into enemies, if they are still alive, you get attacked, vengeance works, it is second source to apply bleeding. if you see rare monster you can throw a totem before jump, it is 3d source to apply bleeding.
chance to cause bleeding= 1-(1-chance to cause bleeding)^sources for 36% voidheart and 3 sources chance to cause bleeding=76%. if totem deals 5 attacks per second, every attack is a source. so after first second of fight, your enemies will be bleeding with 95.5% chance. after 2nd second 99.5%, after 3d- 100% if totem is active.

Can this buld play reflect maps?
yes, i play all modes except "no leech"
use rumi and added fire support gem in dual strike setup for phys reflect
turn off elemental auras and use bloodlust or fortify in dual strike setup for ele reflect

stupid question, why you are not using any chest piece?
bringer has mod "can't use chest armour". but you can wear any armour for skin, all stats and gems will be ignored. but gems will get experience.

Is this HC viable?
Yes. Playing hardcore requires patience and a good working knowledge of your limits but I've had a bunch of guys make it past lv90 on hardcore and stop mainly because of gear expenses to reach higher tiers.

Can you test how 'actual' version of your builds works? W/o this old expensive stuff?
i tested build without legacy items on every content except present vaal temple. budget version kills t16 iiq100+. i did vaal temple(was t14) with 6 portals, prenerf core with 2 portals(t15 core was true nightmare before atlas expansion) in perandus(no legacy items, 320pdps axe, voidheart was not existed).

It's not really worth getting the endurance charges?
endurance charges are not important part of build. dual striker can not generate them often enough for valuable effect in all scenarios. It's there to help, and it does. Uber Trio is a great example. That cycloner trigger endurance charges almost every time he attacks.

Do you change ur gear during the Uber Lab?
1) flasks switch to all health pretty much. Keep main flasks in inventory for bosses
2) endurance charges help a bit, 4 link: leap slam- fortify- faster attacks- endurance charge on melee stun is good option there

Is there a reason why you chose dual strike as your primary offensive skill? will other
skills like lacerate work as well?

I created my dual striker to be like the Diablo 2 Smiter Paladin wearing Dracul's gauntlets (only leech gloves in that game). I loved the speed of his chopping and the speed also made him virtually unkilliable unless he's 1-hit. He can tank 16 stacks of the Uber Trio's corrupted blood while still gaining health haha. He's just nuts. He is easily the most unique character in POE and he just makes you feel so powerful. He's just insane. I loved that. Other skills were slow or boring or limited and didn't make me feel strong and also wouldn't let me tank. I don't like running, skirting, dodging or anything. I managed to get my dual striker powerful enough that even my budget build dual striker can tank all maps/bosses corrupt-mods in the entire game except Uber Atziri, Shaper who were made specifically anyway to F*** everyone sideways so I can't help that. I'd say those are all reasons why I love my build more than any other.

SO, YOU WANNA FIGHT
UBER ATZIRI DO YA?

Spoiler

BASIC STEPS TO BEATING UBER ATZIRI:

1. The Trio
You can pretty much tank the uber trio if not for that rain of arrows chick in the middle. She can burst damage you insanely fast but ultimately they aren't a threat anymore when you memorize how to kill them. Kill her first and you need to avoid taking damage from the other two guardians while trying to kill her because their combined damage basically insta-kills everyone. Once the girl is dead it's so much easier to stand still and tank. Your health can still plummet fast so make sure you are leeching constantly. If you cannot leech even for one full second then back off, regroup

2. Uber Atziri
Avoid most or all of her flameblasts/lightning calls. Yeah, you can take 9/10 of her single attacks, but even with 8k health and tons of extra fire/lightning res she can critical you and you'll get one hit deadeded. Remember you chose this build for fun, but Uber Atziri was never meant to be fun. She was meant to challenge the most hardcore elite players in the game.

3. Take your time dude-
She has millions of health and resists just about everything you throw at her. People who fight her well can die easily in more common situations since they are overspecialized. Overspecialization breeds weakness. But you are not weak. You are a mob thrashing axe kiler who can tank every boss in the game except her. Treat her with the respect she deserves and take her down as if she were Sauron. Go slow, time your attacks, plans your moves, monitor her attack patterns and just be relaxed. You might not pwn her, but you'll win.

4. Have 10+ex before even considering trying. You will need to memorize the fight. Period. You will die, a lot. But you'll start to develop a winning curve until you win all of the time. Be prepared to invest a lot of exalts into Mortal sets but for those who want to win, they shall taste victory

Thanks for the support guys!!!
Umbra_the_Wolf
& Triwesterki (Soup)
Thankss

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info