[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

I'm using cast on hit with orb of storms and assassin's mark to generate crits and proc Elemental Overload. Only really use it for bosses or multiple packs, but it helps.
Im kind of a newbie, how does EE work with totems? Do we cast orb of storms or ice trap first before using the RF totem? Or does it matter?
"
souljaboi25 wrote:
Im kind of a newbie, how does EE work with totems? Do we cast orb of storms or ice trap first before using the RF totem? Or does it matter?

Yes, but you need to use traps, mines, or other totems, since Ancestral Bond keeps your self-cast spells from dealing damage and proccing EE. Vaal Lightning Trap is the go-to for applying EE and shock at the same time.
There are so many questions on this page that are answered in the guide.

Quality on gems is the best with blasphemy, temporal chains and elemental weakness

"
- Enduring Cry: I rarely use it and if I would have had to, I'm probably dead already :) Will likely drop it to free up 1 socket.
- Flame Dash: Feels slow without Faster Casting, especially to get through traps in Lab or dodge boss abilities. Will probably have to drop Faster Casting nevertheless, to add Ice Trap once I have EE skilled.
- Orb of Storms: Also rarely use it, stuff just dies before Orb can hit, does not work well on single target / bosses without Increased Critical Strikes -> Thinking about going back to CWDT+Ice Spear+GMP
- Searing Bond: I rarely use it, basically only on Atziri and on map bosses. Quite sad it reserves a 4L all the time, but does nothing. Wondering if dropping this in favor of improved other setups (CoH for 4th Curse? CWDT setup for Elemental Overload uptime?) is an option
- Golems: Played around with some, they just die or lure mobs away from my totems, won't use :)

Btw, did anyone play around with Tempest Shield to proc Elemental Overload, or is it just garbage?

If you dont use it, drop it.
The gems listed are just my suggestions and you don´t HAVE to use them.

I dont think tempest shield is worth it just for EE (block is always nice). 2 chains and you have to get hit + small chance. no thanks
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 9, 2016, 2:10:32 AM
ripped 88 to bearers.
ye.
you dont see them
at all
:)
rolled scrubcore perandus, cause i like this build and wanna complete challenges.
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Mar 9, 2016, 2:37:43 AM
seeing as gem slots are real tight, what is better and more consistent, primarily for bosses:
EE with ice trap OR elemental overload with orb?
With my gear, I have one slot for either orb or ice trap. Wondering what people's thoughts are on the 2.
"
RabidRabbit wrote:
"
hupple wrote:
Was using Scepter and failed twice on Merciless Labyrinth final boss fight.
Then switch to whirling blades, beat Izaro quite easily at level 75. If I got the idea of using whirling blades earlier I could beat him at lower level. Essentially you just cast totem, orb of storms, throw ice trap to him and whirling blades all around the room to dodge his attacks and all the traps.

Unfortunately daggar, claws, one handed sword cannot roll increased fire damage, so we can either choose one with high increased attack speed to get faster whirling blades or use Chitus' Needle for 30 elemental damage. I think 30 is not that big deal so I would use a Dagger with 25+increased attack speed and high crit chance for spells (actually 80% global crit base is enough) to get elemental overlord from orb of storms more consistently.

Another idea that I've toyed with is using Daresso's Passion. It's dirt cheap with a top end of 80% increased damage and allows whirling blades. Problem is it requires 140 dex. With the introduction of Elemental Focus the build doesn't even need Dex for Rapid Decay until the 6th link, so using Daresso's Passion might result in a significant gearing crunch.

What the point in such weapon if "on kill" didnt works with totems?
"
CAJOS wrote:
seeing as gem slots are real tight, what is better and more consistent, primarily for bosses:
EE with ice trap OR elemental overload with orb?
With my gear, I have one slot for either orb or ice trap. Wondering what people's thoughts are on the 2.

orb because you can inflict EE with Vaal lightning trap already. Only 15sec EE uptime with 3 charges, but thats enough for most encounter.
You can drop Ice Trap at all except if you run Izaro (no VLT charges gained), Atziri and high tier maps.
Or just swap it in and out if you need it.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 9, 2016, 3:19:48 AM
"
lapilesos wrote:

the point is that you never get charges, so you get your doryanis for free.
dex is a nut tho, needs good ring in addition to jade
not sure if it worth, as you are oneshotting packs anyway, and main boost to clearspeed is increased aoe, so lavianga is better
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Mar 9, 2016, 3:28:12 AM
"
mezmery wrote:
"
lapilesos wrote:

the point is that you never get charges, so you get your doryanis for free.
dex is a nut tho, needs good ring in addition to jade
not sure if it worth, as you are oneshotting packs anyway, and main boost to clearspeed is increased aoe, so lavianga is better

Got it - thx. Indeed Lavianga is better. But those "-5% move speed"...:(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info