[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

"
hupple wrote:
Was using Scepter and failed twice on Merciless Labyrinth final boss fight.
Then switch to whirling blades, beat Izaro quite easily at level 75. If I got the idea of using whirling blades earlier I could beat him at lower level. Essentially you just cast totem, orb of storms, throw ice trap to him and whirling blades all around the room to dodge his attacks and all the traps.

Unfortunately daggar, claws, one handed sword cannot roll increased fire damage, so we can either choose one with high increased attack speed to get faster whirling blades or use Chitus' Needle for 30 elemental damage. I think 30 is not that big deal so I would use a Dagger with 25+increased attack speed and high crit chance for spells (actually 80% global crit base is enough) to get elemental overlord from orb of storms more consistently.

Another idea that I've toyed with is using Daresso's Passion. It's dirt cheap with a top end of 80% increased damage and allows whirling blades. Problem is it requires 140 dex. With the introduction of Elemental Focus the build doesn't even need Dex for Rapid Decay until the 6th link, so using Daresso's Passion might result in a significant gearing crunch.
"
RabidRabbit wrote:

Another idea that I've toyed with is using Daresso's Passion. It's dirt cheap with a top end of 80% increased damage and allows whirling blades. Problem is it requires 140 dex. With the introduction of Elemental Focus the build doesn't even need Dex for Rapid Decay until the 6th link, so using Daresso's Passion might result in a significant gearing crunch.

Did not know about this new unique, it is quite nice. I do have enough dex but due to whirling blades nerf, if there is no attack speed on weapon, whirling blades is kind of slow and I don't really want to use it... But it is so cheap that I will give it a try.
"
projhex wrote:
Would running Added Cold Damage with Orb of Storms proc the double Elemental Equilibrium?

that doesnt do anything, rnrmxs still have 'only' -50 resist

"
1) Does Tukohama reflect dmg proc EE? i think not as i've done a few maps with EE and it doesn't show the characteristic aura under the enemies (and it would make sense as we aren't doing any kind of dmg)

2) If my friend is using Explosiv Arrow, does his Ignite stack with my burning degen? i mean if a mob is inside my RF totem does he take additional damage from his burning?.

1) did you read the guide? i read that question on every page and i can only recommend reading the guide (last line, video, classes etc etc). answer is yes it works.

2) yes they are different sources of dmg, we burn, he ignites. Searing Bond and RF work in harmony too.

"
How would running Kaom's Heart, using Searing touch and having a guardian with Dying breath work?

Or is sacrificing the 6 sockets by using Kaom's too much of a drawback? Like having to drop either one curse or some other utility skill.

Somebody familiar with the math here that could check that?

I dont see this working well.

6l rf (+2 firegems doesn't do anything except 2% burning dmg)
4l curses
4l searing bond
4l VLT, icetrap, duration, guardian

there is no room for koams and searing touch is just a 2h doryanis. You basically just loose survivability and clearspeed.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 8, 2016, 6:11:37 PM
Greeting friend.
It looks like your paint image isn't hosted anymore?
Thanks for answering all of our questions.
"
Goldd666 wrote:
Greeting friend.
It looks like your paint image isn't hosted anymore?
Thanks for answering all of our questions.

i see it on my mobile, check it tomorrow on my pc, need some sleep now
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 8, 2016, 6:13:14 PM
What are the best gems to get quality on?
Some gear upgrades, mapping and Atziri is quite smooth:

Still not happy with some of the gems / links, though:

- Enduring Cry: I rarely use it and if I would have had to, I'm probably dead already :) Will likely drop it to free up 1 socket.
- Flame Dash: Feels slow without Faster Casting, especially to get through traps in Lab or dodge boss abilities. Will probably have to drop Faster Casting nevertheless, to add Ice Trap once I have EE skilled.
- Orb of Storms: Also rarely use it, stuff just dies before Orb can hit, does not work well on single target / bosses without Increased Critical Strikes -> Thinking about going back to CWDT+Ice Spear+GMP
- Searing Bond: I rarely use it, basically only on Atziri and on map bosses. Quite sad it reserves a 4L all the time, but does nothing. Wondering if dropping this in favor of improved other setups (CoH for 4th Curse? CWDT setup for Elemental Overload uptime?) is an option
- Golems: Played around with some, they just die or lure mobs away from my totems, won't use :)

Btw, did anyone play around with Tempest Shield to proc Elemental Overload, or is it just garbage?
Last edited by Irongunner on Mar 8, 2016, 7:48:10 PM
Silly question but can't find anything on it - Life Regeneration nodes on the tree don't carry to Totems correct? It would purely be for the Player and thus just defense?
Last edited by Echra on Apr 22, 2016, 7:23:59 AM
Gem order to quality?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info