[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

Did some math on my own calculator and noticed that Dying Breath actually provides a damage boost equivalent of ~100% increased damage from other weapon choices (searing touch or single doryani), given a few assumptions:

1) Your build has ~400% increased damage from all sources other than mainhand/offhand slots.
2) You're running at least two out of flammability, ele weakness, and vulnerability.
3) You have ~30% increased curse effect without Dying Breath.

This means Dying Breath is better than ~100% increased damage if you have well over 400% increased damage from other sources, or if you're running all three damage boost curses. It's also significantly better damage against bosses with -60% curse effect, and you get the added safety of a stronger enfeeble/chains.

At an extreme, the best-case scenario for Dying Breath actually beats dual-wielding Doryani's:

1) Build has 599% increased damage without weapon slots: 400% from this tree, 100% from quad-curse Doedre's Scorn, 69% from 20/20 Inc Burning, 30% from other x/20 support gems.
2) Running all three lvl 20 damage curses, w/ 20 qual on ele weakness.
3) Fighting a boss (e.g. map boss or atziri) with 30% resist all and 60% reduced curse effect.

Dual wielding perfect Doryani's results in 220% increased damage, equal to 31.5% more damage.

With 40% curse effect the boss will have -42% final resistance and take 26.4% more damage from vulnerability, resulting in a multiplier of 1.42*1.264 = 1.79.

With Dying Breath boosted 76% curse effect the boss will have -74% final resistance and take 38% more damage from vulnerability, resulting in a multiplier of 2.4.

So the effect of Dying Breath is equal to 2.4/1.79 = 34% more damage.
Last edited by RabidRabbit on Mar 8, 2016, 9:25:21 AM
@RabidRabbit

The main issue with that is you are doubling down (tripling down, even, with the offhand slot being used also) on the curse-dependancy. Interesting math though, I would never have even considered it as a viable option even.

Using a second five-six link might also open other options that we haven't considered, though gem slots are already at a premium.
or use animate guardian.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
"
Grossbard wrote:
How are you guys getting the sacrifice fragments for atziri? I had to use like 8 dawns to get 1 midnight and now I'm nowhere close to another set. Fuck the thought of dock farming makes me want to kill myself.

Buy them is normally the best bet - especially if you start early enough in league to actually make profit.
And run corrupted museums/arenas.
"
Carlovski wrote:
"
Grossbard wrote:
How are you guys getting the sacrifice fragments for atziri? I had to use like 8 dawns to get 1 midnight and now I'm nowhere close to another set. Fuck the thought of dock farming makes me want to kill myself.

Buy them is normally the best bet - especially if you start early enough in league to actually make profit.
And run corrupted museums/arenas.

basically this. On day 1 i could make 5c+ for one atziro flask, worth the midnight alone even with the worst drop.

you can corrupt doubleboss arena/museum, buy the stuff or farm docks.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc

Thanks for the awesome guide. This is my setup so far at level 74. Just got to mapping and hoping to try merciless labyrinth once I get to lvl 80 or so. I'm nervous about using a shield.. but I think i like the fortress claw for now until a get a higher level map pool going. I also am nervous about using EE since I don't want to have to always have traps everywhere without gimping my dmg.
Hello Milkyslice thank you for sharing this build i will try it but can you please type what nodes you take for Chieftain?

thank you
"
bullitt wrote:
Hello Milkyslice thank you for sharing this build i will try it but can you please type what nodes you take for Chieftain?

thank you

He says this on the main page? Under SkillTree?
I don't know if somebody mentioned that before but you can level your immortal call to level 3, to be still usable with lvl 1 CWDT
i can see only 5 nodes

Arohongui: Solid node, more damage, less damage taken. The best one in the Chief.
Ngamahu: meh.35% inc dmg, nothing wrong, just a boring node. There are stronger 2 point notables in other trees...
Ramako: Good if you keep up endurance charges and invest a bit in those. 1.5%-3% life regen is finem, the on kill mechanic bad. One enduring cry already caps our endu charges in most cases and it doesnt allow us to drop it with this small chance.
Hinekora is useless for us and Tawhoa mediocre, str(life), armour, resi and manacost reduction. A bit boring but i would prefer it over Ngamahu

where is the 6th one?

and on the picture he has activated 5 but how to get to the 6th one?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info