[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

I was looking at the Necromancer ascendancy class, and you didn't mention Spirit Eater or Commander of Darkness. Do those two passives affect the RF totems damage? To clarify, the two Necro passives do say we, the players themselves, gain increased damage. The ambiguity here is does that translate to more totem damage, similar to Summon Fire Golem?
I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but what are your thoughts about Discipline, or Vaal Discipline to increase the damage while giving you a bit more effective HP? Not worth it for the reservation/sockets?
"
Breken wrote:
I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but what are your thoughts about Discipline, or Vaal Discipline to increase the damage while giving you a bit more effective HP? Not worth it for the reservation/sockets?

WTB more gem slots.

From what I understand the build ran out of gem slots. Discipline is a very precious aura spot that's much worse on damage than a Blasphemy Curse.

You can run Vaal Discipline but what will you cut?
hey is the "Enemys can have 200% Fire resist (capped at 75%), Elemental Equilibrium will reduce it to 25%(200). " true?
i found no where says EE reduce max resis
-_-
"
top2000 wrote:
hey is the "Enemys can have 200% Fire resist (capped at 75%), Elemental Equilibrium will reduce it to 25%(200). " true?

It's true but it's a little bit hard to explain.

If a monster has 200 fire resist for example, the game will still "read" this as 75 resist, because most monsters cannot pass that 75 cap.

So if you apply EE, the calculation is 75-50=25.

EDIT: On further research I'm not actually sure if this is true.
Last edited by elitedesolator on Mar 3, 2016, 10:04:57 PM
"
top2000 wrote:

hard to find the right words. Afaik ee always reduces the resist by 50 regardless of the cap. That the last thing i heard about it.

Edit: I mixed some things together and came up with some shitty stuff sorry.

EE does always get the full effect of reduced resists regardles of effectiveness of bosses, but it wont ignore overcapped resists. i will correct that and edit it.
I forgot about the volcano mapboss. He can apply EE to the player and we dont get reduced max resists. I dont even know anymore how i came up this that. Sorry again, will update it asap

@discipline

no free sockets/mana reservation, already uses vaal lightning trap
Discipline is not even worth half a spelltotem level, the benefit isnt that big. ES nodes dont benefit from totem. life nodes/jewels, the more totem life we have the worse it gets in comparison
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 3, 2016, 10:53:51 PM
"
boredomxd wrote:
I was looking at the Necromancer ascendancy class, and you didn't mention Spirit Eater or Commander of Darkness. Do those two passives affect the RF totems damage? To clarify, the two Necro passives do say we, the players themselves, gain increased damage. The ambiguity here is does that translate to more totem damage, similar to Summon Fire Golem?

no just forgot them

Spirit eater is 40% increased dmg.

Commander of Darkness is just bad for this. I will never run more than 1 aura at the time, even if you run two its just 16% increased damage which is not worth picking up. But it works, ill add it

By getting enough totem resist on jewels and tree one can skip purity aura / totem resist gem, swap it with elemental focus, go for elemental equilibrium and elemental overload, throw Vaal lighnting trap that shocks for max dps. At the same time you can run flammability, ele. weakness and vulnerability linked with blasphemy in Doedre's Scorn.
If it works the damage will be inzane. But of course, then Chieftan would also be obsolete.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
"
Dkodr wrote:
By getting enough totem resist on jewels and tree one can skip purity aura / totem resist gem, swap it with elemental focus, go for elemental equilibrium and elemental overload, throw Vaal lighnting trap that shocks for max dps. At the same time you can run flammability, ele. weakness and vulnerability linked with blasphemy in Doedre's Scorn.
If it works the damage will be inzane. But of course, then Chieftan would also be obsolete.

if one gets a 6l + insane jewels to cap resists you can also respecc to berserker for 15 regrets if its wished.

might be a good superendgame option that i consider, but its only worth it for me with capped totem resists without any gem/purity.

i think most people in here wont reach this state, even i don't have the passion to run one character this long regardless of the build :p

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 4, 2016, 12:08:31 AM
I plan to test it out in standard with my scion, I can post the results here.

edit: with the berserkers 40% more damage node it would be even better, if it works on totems that is.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Last edited by Dkodr on Mar 4, 2016, 12:12:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info