[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

Which links (besides 3L sceptres for totems) would you consider the most important to get early? Which ones can be skipped early, in favour of leveling gems of same type for future Vaals?
1. in the leveling section is a list with the gems we need to buy (could throw that into the gem section too). Highest priority has elemental focus and vaal lightning trap (which helps with singletarget).

2. dont really understand what you mean.

spelltotem is the best for trying a lvl 21 corruption tho.
you could skip ice spear supports and cwdt immortal call early on if you dont have the sockets.
important are in this order

rf links
searing bond links
curse or aura setup
vaal lightning trap + duration
a gem to trigger elemental overload
golem and warcry
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Sorry, reading it again I understand it looks a bit unclear. What I meant:

Of the gems/links listed for the build, which ones are the most and the least important? (I assume we want to use a few gem slots to level multiple Spelltotems until they hit lvl 20, to try to corrupt them to lvl 21)

... but I think you answered it all :D Thanks!
For the people that talked about doing a MF version, have you come up with a good setup?

I want to go all in again like Bladefall totem, so basically only the weapon slot is flexible.
The amulet might be flexible as I read that talisman isn't coming back and using zana for this is out.
If one chooses to use Whirling blades, what are the weapon options?
Craft + leo for 30%?

Another issue I see is the up-time of divination distillate.
Spamming bladefall was usually enough to keep mana from 100% and get the full 7 sec (inc witch flask bonus).
Rf is free, so thats out.
However it's possible to spam f.e ice spear to trigger elemental overload.
Not sure if this works out though in gameplay, as the good thing about bladefall was that you could pop the flask after casting the totem and before it does dmg.
Any suggestions?

As for the tree, I think the one mentioned by OP is a good start.
However I want to max on jewels, since totem life(and dmg) and Rarity are great (and rarity is a suffix).
I'm aware this takes a lot of crafting time.

Do we have data on RF totem in group play?
Selfcast RF wasn't an issue as far as I remember.
So your 2nd totem doesn't stack, neither does player B's RF totem with player A's?
Cant say much about a full mf setup on this build.

You can deal almost the same damage with mf gear (drop of doedres helmet for mf) and you could drop the weapon for a fast 1h, its totally enough for midtier maps.

Most of the dmg comes from the tree, curses, jewels and gems. damage on rings/amus is not significant.

you can spam searing bond or golem for the destillate.

The build can easily get a big chunk of iir/iiq on the gear for sure, it doesnt need a big dps gear to have great damage (well there dont exist many items).

If you wanna break the mf roof and reach the absolute max i can only throw in my theorys because i dont run heavy mf chars. I am more the "get as much as you can without sacrificing too much survivability" type of player if i wanna mf.

weapon:

Leo mod works, but you cant get %fire dmg on dagger/claw/sword for whirling blades. The new claw/shield unique thing might be an option for some safety (block/fortify). You wont benefit from a dagger like bladefall would (spelldmg/crit/flatdmg), but its not that important. I ran around until lvl 79 with Lavianga's wisdom which is basically a no dmg weapon in t8 maps without the feel that i lack damage.

group play:

i can only talk about 2.1 (obviously).

If you want to mf in partys forget it. The degen cant cull. You could just swap to flametotem in this case as your place in the party is not dealin damage, its mfing... switch back to rf for solo.

2 player with rf totem dont stack, only the highest damage counts.
i am pretty confident to say that two playercasted rfs dont stack either.

im big partys you support with multicursing and shocking ground. If the party is not bad and clears the trashmobs fast you could permanently run around with conc effect and focus on singletarget dmg (rares/bosses).

2-3 player partys never were a problem.

however the build will deal a significant amount of extra damage next league too.

For mf and partys you can compare rf totems with caustic arrow, both work similar. the rf build just brings more on the table for support

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 3, 2016, 3:25:13 PM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
Its useful on

- Bosses
- Curse immune maps
- extreme high resist maps

But we got one new gem, a buff on the tree and one node of the chieftain which all grant a More multiplier, i think we are fine without it.

For curse immune maps i think about using malachais artifice + ice/lightning trap instead of doedre ring (both have no life, wouldnt loose anything if i am overcapped with resists).

The same for stuff like atziri

why would you turn off your curses for atziri ?
i thought atziri only reflects normal casted curses, not the ones we use (because of blasphemy)

am i missing something?
Last edited by Koksii on Mar 3, 2016, 3:00:55 PM
"

afaik you can only run 2 blasphemy curses then since 3 blasphemy reserves the full mana (which also would make blood magic gem mandatory to cast searing bond)

Please correct me if im wrong
Last edited by Koksii on Mar 3, 2016, 2:59:21 PM
"
Koksii wrote:
"
Milkyslice wrote:
Its useful on

- Bosses
- Curse immune maps
- extreme high resist maps

But we got one new gem, a buff on the tree and one node of the chieftain which all grant a More multiplier, i think we are fine without it.

For curse immune maps i think about using malachais artifice + ice/lightning trap instead of doedre ring (both have no life, wouldnt loose anything if i am overcapped with resists).

The same for stuff like atziri

i thought atziri only reflects normal casted curses, not the ones we use (because of blasphemy)

i think youre quoting something out of context or i wrote it badly.

Sure blasphemy doesnt get reflected. was talking about EE and Malachais Artifice which can be a nice damage boost on some bossfights. Got a bit too mixed with the doedre ring.

Atziri and Malachais Artifice is for me a good option because i dont need much hp (just dodge) and the fight gets even easier if you get through the phases faster. This item helps with it (supershort splitphase for excample).

sry that i mixed atziri in it ;p

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 3, 2016, 3:01:17 PM
"
Koksii wrote:
"

afaik you can only run 2 blasphemy curses then since 3 blasphemy reserves the full mana (which also would make blood magic gem mandatory to cast searing bond)

Please correct me if im wrong

sure but that seems to be his plan if he wants to use a destillate.

he could skip all blasphemys and go for curse on hit, use some puritys instead (resists are rare on high mf).

I run blasphemys because i'm lazy and its faster to not use a CoH spell (orb seems fine tho, will test it).

I'm really tempted to only run one blasphemy tempchains + determination this league with coh + orb + flamm + eleweak because we have a new supportgem for searing bond and 15% mana should be enough (+ free skillpoints, no reservation nodes needed).

But i am lazy... we will see :p

I have both variations listed in the gem. section

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 3, 2016, 3:09:20 PM
Oh, ok that makes sense. Thank you :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info