[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

How about rolling a scion and selecting the Chieftain and Elementalist ascendancies ? That way we can get 55% resistance penetration (with EE) . Granted we lose a gem slot for totem resistance but the EE damage should make up for it. Or is losing the totem fire invulnerability too much of an issue ?
Last edited by The_Awesome_Dragon_Warrior on Mar 3, 2016, 8:31:39 AM
"
How about rolling a scion and selecting the Chieftain and Elementalist ascendancies ? That way we can get 55% resistance penetration (with EE) . Granted we lose a gem slot for totem resistance but the EE damage should make up for it. Or is losing the totem fire invulnerability too much of an issue ?

If you make a tree we can do raw number comparisons immediately. Without looking at the numbers, the Scion will result in a character that plays similarly to a 2.1 rf totemer. The character is certainly functional. Whether or not its optimal is another matter.
"
Milkyslice wrote:
depends

If you want life on you jewels take %life + %totem life, if you dont care take spire of stone.

I would use one Spire of Stone just for the Totem Stun immunity

I'm thinking about that.

Without getting inefficient with the tree I'm pretty sure the max life is 18%.

From a damage perspective this is slightly worse than a perfect rare jewel.

In your experience is the stun immunity important?
"
"

If you make a tree we can do raw number comparisons immediately. Without looking at the numbers, the Scion will result in a character that plays similarly to a 2.1 rf totemer. The character is certainly functional. Whether or not its optimal is another matter.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABA3UEBwSzC2ENHxDMEmkUIBZvFxwXLxhWGGoaOBzcHRQnLyj6Ko0rtjWSNtg6WDrhPAU8KDwtPV89_EGHQ8hFnUkbTLNN408EUEdSU1NSVcZV1lgHWGNYd1jlWfNaK18EXz9k52ZUZp5nm2h0aPJxeXIPeC985YLHg1-DzIPbiuSMRozPjxqPRpBVkSuUb5Sgl5WX9JitmuCboZvsnL6drp_fogCj8qZXpwismK4-r2y3PriTwGbDE8au0B_YTdi92mLjauRR6-7sVe8O73zv6_Af8WzyRfZI99f4k_no-tL-Cv6P

I'm making no changes to the tree. The only change I can think of right now is starting from marauder and respeccing the 1st 2 scion points, but I dont think that is possible. I'm only replacing the increased burning damage(6-link) or the elemental focus/rapid decay(5-link) with EE. The only problem is the self damage of the totems. I'm not sure they will survive long enough to deal damage,
Not at home now so I can't put in the numbers yet.

But what do you mean by replacing a 6l with EE?
"

Going with scion so that I can take EE(chieftain cant take EE ;( ). However I my totems also lose fire immunity. Therefore I have to put in a totem resistance gem(I'm guessing totem res jewels aren't abundant at league start) in place of my usual damage boosting 5/6-link. Effectively I am trading a support gem slot for EE.

My question is that even with 75% fire res will my totems stay up long enough to deal significant damage ? Recasting totems is a drag because they take like 1 sec to get the RF ring up.
"
"

Going with scion so that I can take EE(chieftain cant take EE ;( ). However I my totems also lose fire immunity. Therefore I have to put in a totem resistance gem(I'm guessing totem res jewels aren't abundant at league start) in place of my usual damage boosting 5/6-link. Effectively I am trading a support gem slot for EE.

My question is that even with 75% fire res will my totems stay up long enough to deal significant damage ? Recasting totems is a drag because they take like 1 sec to get the RF ring up.

Video section > gameplay with resi gem.

i´ve played the whole league like this, it works well, but you need a 6l or you loose too much dps OR you use purity of fire.

I just dont see a big benefit in scion. You can always use Malachais Artifice for a 30% EE effect on the Chieftain. Its not like you would use EE often, I only used it ~2 times per map in 2.1.

"
I'm thinking about that.

I honestly never played without Spire of Stone^^

Totems CAN be stunned and with a casttime of ~1sec it may happen from time to time.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 3, 2016, 9:28:39 AM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
"

Video section > gameplay with resi gem.

i´ve played the whole league like this, it works well, but you need a 6l or you loose too much dps OR you use purity of fire.

I just dont see a big benefit in scion. You can always use Malachais Artifice for a 30% EE effect on the Chieftain. Its not like you would use EE often, I only used it ~2 times per map in 2.1.

"
I'm thinking about that.

I honestly never played without Spire of Stone^^

Totems CAN be stunned and with a casttime of ~1sec it may happen from time to time.

Ah I was under the assumption that EE has a huge impact on the damage of the build. If EE is just used sparingly I agree, there's no point to playing as a scion.
We CANNOT USE penetration, guys.

Penetration can only be used with hits, we have degens = NO penetration.

The best way to use this is the Chieftain by far.

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Its useful on

- Bosses
- Curse immune maps
- extreme high resist maps

But we got one new gem, a buff on the tree and one node of the chieftain which all grant a More multiplier, i think we are fine without it.

For curse immune maps i think about using malachais artifice + ice/lightning trap instead of doedre ring (both have no life, wouldnt loose anything if i am overcapped with resists).

The same for stuff like atziri
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info