[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

Everyone i talk to says rapid decay does not effect spell totems/rf.

And a post from GGG a while back saying RF does not get effected by rapid decay because it isnt dot. Why do we link rapid decay??
"

And a post from GGG a while back saying RF does not get effected by rapid decay because it isnt dot. Why do we link rapid decay??

because it works.

It was tested in pvp for excample.

Righteous fire alone does not benefit from Rapid Decay.

The Spelltotem has a limited duration, coupled with righteous fire we have a spell with a duration and thus rapid decay works.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 6, 2017, 4:26:09 AM
"

Self cast RF doesn't. RF Totem does because RF inerits the duration tag from the spell totem.
"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
Actingrude wrote:
Why not an opal scepter?

he was probably too lazy to swap it out.

@carlovski... :( i cant even 6s my mantle :( 700+ jewelers at least now

Basically laziness, correct!

Ouch - I've been pretty lucky on the jewellers, I know your pain. I swear it's harder to get the sockets than the links sometimes.
i've always been playing other builds... tis league, tried this as a league starter...

it feels weird tat i cant deal damage (im lvl47 nw)... instead i need to keep dropping 2 rf totem to dmg. trash mobs wise is ok.. clears quite fast but i still dun like the aoe of it... feels small even tho i m using inc aoe gem. :(

cruel seems abit tough nw... some breach mobs, etc can kill me. :( not to mention hard bosses..

As my lvl is 47, i cant use recommended bis items (dun haf enuf currency to buy them also).... so i guess is to juz tough it out till i m of a higher lvl / get better items?
weird, having the excact opposite experience.

place totem > everthings dead instantly > proceed after like lvl 38

the aoe increases further with gem lvl

"
it feels weird tat i cant deal damage (im lvl47 nw)... instead i need to keep dropping 2 rf totem to dmg

thats the whole point of a totem build...

you dont need any great gear, just get life and resistances and youre fine... i mean i killed atziri with lvl 62,the damage is definetly there ;)

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 6, 2017, 4:40:23 AM
lvl 81 LHC

plus 3 jewels with life+totem life

bought dark mage card set for 15c. roll alts for +1 gem, now waiting for cata 5 to add fire dmg.

will use belly or kaom later
Last edited by forthelulz123 on Mar 6, 2017, 5:14:39 AM
interesting choice with a staff

leveling with a 4l RF totem felt lackluster (combination of a lack of dmg and/or lack of aoe) as i approach later levels. with dark mage card set for cheap easy 6l early in the league i started rolling maps very smoothly while saving currency.

rolling +1 gem (which boost spell totem hp further thus boosting dmg, also boosts all the other dmg support) and fire dmg on the staff shld be comparable with doryani or searing touch i would think
Last edited by forthelulz123 on Mar 6, 2017, 5:38:13 AM
Hey Milk, gotta say thanks so much for this guide man.
I managed to hit 86 yesterday in Legacy Hc, i made so much money killing bosses, Merc lac and selling stuff by playing in high maps so quickly, the clear speed in this build is so nice, swapping into conc for bosses and applying EE + curse, they melt so hard.
My gear it's the most shit ass possible, i didnt got blood magic yet because i was so lazy to change my chear, so im using purity auras to cap my res, with 5300 life and 6 end charges, im felling pretty safe.

My gear so far:

Im waiting for my spell totem hit lv20 so i can change soul mantle.

Also 10 Atziri kills without problem, sometimes i kill the first vaal to quickly and the second one become a pain in the ass to deal with.

Thats it for now, again thx for the guide.
This world is an illusion, exile!
Totems for life!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info