[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

Hey, Milky or anybody who is using this build successfully, I have a friend that wanted to try this in prophecy and he is in low 80s now and says clear speed sucks (doing maps with him I have to agree).

I told him he's gotta be doing something wrong but I'll be hanged if I know what since I don't use build and just read the original post. He knows how to use totem builds b/c I've seen him play dual flame totem (like LNB).
Anyone have suggestions? It appears to be bad esp. on any monster w/life regen.
Censored.
i cant tell anything without gear/passives/jewels henis using.
Nothing changed from perandus to prophecy, excepts some extra dps due to the spelltotem buff.
Its the first time ive heard that someone has problems against regen mobs.

Maybe he's using a lowlvl spelltotem? Got a post with someone testing the build in high lvl maps and lvl 14 vendor spelltotem...
Is he actually using this build or another totem build "just trying the rf totem"? This build is heavily reliant on the optimized skilltree, spelltotemlvl and jewels.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
No, he says he is using your tree and I asked about jewels and I don't think he has any yet. Should be lvl 19 spell totem.
Censored.
jewels with totem life are a huge portion of the damage, curses as well. Lvl 19 spelltotem is fine, should clear t15 already with it ;)

I mean, RFT has no 2.1 vaal spark clearspeed due to the limited aoe, but its AT LEAST on par with flametotems

"
kolyaboo wrote:
Hey, Milky or anybody who is using this build successfully, I have a friend that wanted to try this in prophecy and he is in low 80s now and says clear speed sucks (doing maps with him I have to agree).

I told him he's gotta be doing something wrong but I'll be hanged if I know what since I don't use build and just read the original post. He knows how to use totem builds b/c I've seen him play dual flame totem (like LNB).
Anyone have suggestions? It appears to be bad esp. on any monster w/life regen.

He says the clear speed sucks in comparison to what?

I played this build upto level 90 in PHC before ripping, and yea it's quite slow compared to most ranged builds (eg. Explosive Arrow, Doomfletcher Prism Split Arrow, many of the Essence Drain builds) as well as things like Blade Vortex, CoC Discharge, etc. because it's a very stop-and-go build rather than something that can just keep running through the map non-stop.

It's also not an amazing group build since it has that setup time to drop multiple totems, while other builds might just be plowing through the monsters without stopping. Although this variant runs triple Curse which can be great in a group.

Basically Totem builds in general are great for the types of players that want a very sure-and-steady type of playstyle, that want to be safely behind their totems and out of harms way. Totem builds make good Hardcore builds because you're basically immune to reflect when using totems (same applies to trap/mine builds) and you can spend most of your time focused on your surroundings and kiting, rather than on casting flashy abilities. IMO Totem builds take a particular sort of personality to really enjoy the playstyle - many people prefer the more frantic builds and think Totems are slow, boring, and clunky.
I don't know, I still think something is wrong; maybe the lack of jewels makes a huge difference in take down? He enjoyed the dual flame totem build (as did I) and that was the reason he wanted to try this out.
Censored.
Ok, I have a silly question so plz don't flame me, I need to know.

Lets suppose that I get bored with RF spell and I want a change for a while.
What spell gem can I use to replace the RF gem and be close to passive skill tree?
Example; can I use Burning arrow, fireball or something else?
And if yes, with what support gems?

Thanks in advance!
"
SirKeldron wrote:
Ok, I have a silly question so plz don't flame me, I need to know.

Lets suppose that I get bored with RF spell and I want a change for a while.
What spell gem can I use to replace the RF gem and be close to passive skill tree?
Example; can I use Burning arrow, fireball or something else?
And if yes, with what support gems?

Thanks in advance!

no worry, its not a stupid question ;)

The closest thing, without changing the passive tree too much, is Firestorm.
Elemental Equilibrium should be respecced with a direct damage spell.
Other jewels wouldnt be bad either, totem life is not great or mandatory for other skills.
Burning damage nodes are not that great, too.

Firestorm could be linked with Conc effect, spelltotem, faster casting, Controlled destruction and fire penetration for excample.

Flametotem works too, but the aoe nodes have to be respecced ofc.
Faster projectiles, faster casting, fire pen, contr destruction and elemental focus are options.

basically every fireskill or coldskill (aof + cold to fire gem or pyre ring).

Bladefall totems are an option, too.

the build is based around getting good totem life and jewels for it, while grabbing the best fire/curse/whatever nodes on the way.

Overall the closest thing thats good with the passive tree is firestorm, just grab the duration cluster on the way instead of EE + burn cluster. Instead of the small totem life/resist nodes the offensive counterpart is reasonable.

Thank you very much for the fast reply!
Keep up the good work bro!!
About 8 points, would you take Ramako and try to take few more endurance charges on tree to get more defence or just take Ngamahu and Tawhoa(Hinekora isnt good one to take i assume)?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info