[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

"
M3kk wrote:
I want to use 3 curses.

Blasphemy makes all the curses take 35% mana reserve.
You have said that you support Blasphemy with 3 curses, and I, for the life of me, cannot figure out how??

I do not want to have to self-cast curses....and in the guide you say that you support 3 with blasphemy. Is that not updated?
Am I missing something painfully obvious?

I would really appreciate any help (and please spell it out, since I'm a new player and do not know any abbreviations or complicated things about this game lol)

Maybe check the FAQ?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
"
Geebacsi wrote:
I meant the phys to fire conversion!

no how should that work with no physical damage? :D
Its not conversion, its added fire damage.
That node is completely useless on this build

"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
M3kk wrote:
I want to use 3 curses.

Blasphemy makes all the curses take 35% mana reserve.
You have said that you support Blasphemy with 3 curses, and I, for the life of me, cannot figure out how??

I do not want to have to self-cast curses....and in the guide you say that you support 3 with blasphemy. Is that not updated?
Am I missing something painfully obvious?

I would really appreciate any help (and please spell it out, since I'm a new player and do not know any abbreviations or complicated things about this game lol)

Maybe check the FAQ?

I have checked the FAQ! I knew that you are supposed to have mana reserve, but I had no idea how you were supposed to get it. I saw that there was a helmet (too expensive for me right now, obviously) that gave mana reserve, and I looked at all the skill trees provided and couldn't find any nodes that gave mana reserve reduction.

I just don't know where all those nodes are! I even looked at the wiki page and tried to find the icons and match them to the skill tree in the game, and I found all of the ones on mana reservation page and matched them to the skill tree that was listed, and it seemed like it was too far away/not enough points...which is why I was confused and decided to post my question.

I've looked through the entire tree - and it's been a nightmare for me because I'm a brand new player and am completely unfamiliar with it. I do wish your writing tone would have been nicer, but thank you for your tip anyways. This game is very overwhelming to a lot of new players because of the complexity. Most games do not have as much depth as this one. And I have read through this entire first post what feels like millions of times making sure I don't miss anything. This was the one thing I couldn't wrap my head around.
Sorry man, there is a picture in the skilltree section, pointing to the Reserve Nodes with a purple line and sidenote (next to Ancestral Bonds).

The skilltree in "my character" also uses these.
The 112 pts skilltree has it included, too.

Tri-Curse is not mentioned in earlier skilltrees because there are more important nodes AND it requires a specific unique to use for which we have to sacrifice life/resists. That means a solid defence if necassary to use the ring (which was really expensive a few leagues ago, on top).

I wrote it down better in the FAQ and added a note in the gem section > helmet links (curses), too.
Will add this in the General Information under Curses on top (where it actually should be, my fault)

Sorry for the tone, i have tons of questions which are already answered in the logical fitting sections (which gems? gem section! Does EE work? How? "General Information, read first" section! Whats with EO? "General Information, read first" secion!
Or just the FAQ where i add stuff which is asked every 2 pages.

Some people are just lazy.
Some people are overwhelmed.
Some things can be improved by me.

It's not easy to find a good line between repeating myself in every section with a wall of text and too many information and missing out important stuff or to make it easier to read/find.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Jun 23, 2016, 1:04:29 AM
Update 23.06.16

- added more information about mana reservation regarding blasphemy curses in: General Information, Gems and the FAQ

- deleted Hierophant section, had no space for it, also didn't play the character into the lategame so i cannot verify lategame capabilities out of first hand experiences.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Jun 23, 2016, 1:23:40 AM
First of all gz for your guide m8!
Really good work.
I want to apologise for my ignorance but I would like to ask a question about EE mechanic.
We are supposed to proc EE with Ice trap.
Does this mean that before we engage the Boss, we must throw the trap?
If the Boss take initially dmg from the totem and then dmg from the trap, does this mean that EE will work with fire? (+25% to fire , -50% to the rest).
Ice trap is supposed to work with CWDT?
Thank you very much for the good guide and for the answer in advance!
Keep up the good work m8!
It doesnt matter if you throw the trap before or after placing the totems. Some bosses have preperation times (atziri, daresso phases, vaal) where using the trap before the fight is better and inbetween.

In other fights i use the totems first to start doing dmg (and the decoy effect) and then throw a trap if i have the time.

The duration of the debuff is 5sec, except it gets overwritten by another element. Everytime the icetrap deals damage it will trigger ee for 5secs for - 50fire/lightning res and +25 cold res

the totems do not hit with rf/searing bond and wont trigger ee, they only benefit from the -50% fire resistance. Degenerations cannot trigger EE.

the Vaal lightning trap in the gem section is in the cwdt setup because it benefits from the duration gem but traps/vaalgems cannot be used with cwdt.
We practically have VLT + duration (longer shocking ground) and immortal call + duration + cwdt.

If you check 'my character' don't look too much into the gems, its thrown together for mfing and the character is almost naked nowadays :d
I probably have to equip and skill one of my old rft's again for showcasing purposes.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Jun 23, 2016, 6:32:56 AM
Once again running this build, having also done it in Perandus, and am having a great time. Atziri easily farmable on a 4 link, but most content is easy enough that you should have plenty of currency to buy whatever you need from an early point.

Current gear:
Spoiler

After I don't know how many runs, finally got a helm enchant that actually works; now I need to buy another Scorn and keep that in my stash to enchant from Uber Lab, hoping for an upgrade.

Having run this last league, I opted to get Sanctuary & Armour Mastery to improve my defenses a little bit and that's worked out very well. I personally preferred a little bit more survivability (without spending Exalts on amazing gear), and felt that the DPS was already amazing enough to sacrifice some DPS nodes for defense.

Still need to tackle Uber and see how that goes.
quick question, how do u run Blood Magic with two swap of gem?

with my HP reserved at 95%, its kinda hard..
"
jshunj123 wrote:
quick question, how do u run Blood Magic with two swap of gem?

with my HP reserved at 95%, its kinda hard..

what? why do you reserve your life? :O

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info