Viper Strike

I am trying viper strike with melee splash and faster attacks and power charge crit.

Will the power charge critcal bonus add to the viper strike dots ticks and cause them to crit tick more?
Last edited by minezeye on Dec 11, 2013, 8:39:16 PM
The dot doesn`t crit
the Tooltip is bugged? still displaying the same Charge damage even when you pick the new Chaos/DoT passives.
"
2i0 wrote:
the Tooltip is bugged? still displaying the same Charge damage even when you pick the new Chaos/DoT passives.

-->
"
Vipermagi wrote:
The tooltip lists Base DPS; Base always means 'without modifiers'.
So there is no way to know the impact, or even if it work?
Tooltip is too inaccurate if it will still show the base damage. Please fix this as fast as the other bugs, also it's not a bug but not fitting anymore with the dot/chaos nodes. The tooltip clearly says base chaos damage so it's right but i would like to know if my points, i spent, have an affect. Tested: +DoT damage is shown on the tooltip of poison arrow and fire trap. +DoT and +Chaos damage isn't shown on VS.
Please state the Chaos damage of VS instead of the base damage.
Does item quality support work with VS when mob is killed by DoT effect now?

"
2i0 wrote:

Same with splash damage penalty or with non-specified damage bonuses from gear. It would be very useful to see what affects DoT and how.
I would like to throw this out there...

I think a -10% chaos resistence per stack would do a whole lot of good for this skill.

And maybe an additional stack at 15%quality ore a certain high lvl cap.

The -10 chaos resistence because there is nothing to reduce this in the game, and like mentioned before a chaos resistence mob with regen is just lol when you play VS...

And an additional stack could up the damage to a respectable level compared with other current skills and dps.

Any thought's on this approach?

Maybe just one of the two, if the combination would make it to powerful...but i still think this skill could use some easy love to make workable. Currently you need like empower + +1 to skill gems and +2 to melee skill gems to make it function at higher levels. (not saying its impossible without...)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
Maybe just one of the two, if the combination would make it to powerful...but i still think this skill could use some easy love to make workable. Currently you need like empower + +1 to skill gems and +2 to melee skill gems to make it function at higher levels. (not saying its impossible without...)

Why should we have to consider a EMP and +2 to melee to use a skill when you can do that too with other gems ? VS should be as good as others without a +3 gem lvl otherwise its broken like many others things ...
"
Boem wrote:
I would like to throw this out there...
I think a -10% chaos resistence per stack would do a whole lot of good for this skill.
Any thought's on this approach?

Oh, I quite like that, personally. Gives it some neat synergy with Added Chaos Damage, Death's Oath and the likes, making it more interesting than straight up more damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info