Viper Strike

"
JeagerX wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
Maybe just one of the two, if the combination would make it to powerful...but i still think this skill could use some easy love to make workable. Currently you need like empower + +1 to skill gems and +2 to melee skill gems to make it function at higher levels. (not saying its impossible without...)

Why should we have to consider a EMP and +2 to melee to use a skill when you can do that too with other gems ? VS should be as good as others without a +3 gem lvl otherwise its broken like many others things ...

well, to play devil's advocate, each skill kinda needs it's weapons/support to function in it's fullest:

elemental damage? you need elemental mods and elemetnal support gems
physical damage? you need physical mods and physical support gems
VS? you need gem levels and empower
Damage over time & Chaos damage (passive tree) can't support Viper Strike(poison charge)...:(
"
kaieven wrote:
Damage over time & Chaos damage (passive tree) can't support Viper Strike(poison charge)...:(
it does... the description doesn't change because its "base" damage.
"
Oh, I quite like that, personally. Gives it some neat synergy with Added Chaos Damage, Death's Oath and the likes, making it more interesting than straight up more damage.

I was personally thinking so it does not buff poison arrow/voltaxic builds directly. Poison arrow has the benefit of being ranged, and well voltaxic is not really in need of love.

A -10 chaos resist per stack would purely benefit VS, without empowering other builds (only in group play it would add synergy) and i think it could be "somewhat" easily implemented. At least i think so, i am no codewarior, but it could be tied in to the line of code that processes the stack.

It would also indirectly buff the damage so VS could remain how it is.

Not sure if these skill boards get a look quite often.
(other then from you vipermagi <3)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I like the idea about penetrating resistance per stack, because the biggest problem with VS damage is in my opinion chaos resistance. It also make skill more supportive in the party.

This change would also make skill more viable in PvP against CI characters. CI passive should have similar function as Shavronne's Wrappings - Chaos Damage does not bypass Energy Shield.
Last edited by Langhun on Dec 20, 2013, 12:58:52 PM
Anyone know if GGG's planning any more updates for chaos degen? I just don't see any reason to run Viper Strike over other melee abilities at this point - the damage is unreasonably low. I've had level 60s that cleared Piety more quickly than my level 80 Viper Striker does. =/
"
Boem wrote:
I would like to throw this out there...

I think a -10% chaos resistence per stack would do a whole lot of good for this skill.

And maybe an additional stack at 15%quality ore a certain high lvl cap.

The -10 chaos resistence because there is nothing to reduce this in the game, and like mentioned before a chaos resistence mob with regen is just lol when you play VS...

^this

at the moment i play viper melee splash at lvl 85 close to 86 and i like it much. i always loved all kinds of dots, and it works well.

BUT whenever i face a rare with chaos res + any life regen mod especially chaos res life reg allies regenerate life its harder to take him down than bosses!

overall i have to say non chaos res mobs die to 4 stacks viper its just hit and run for the next camp

even rares without chaos res die to vs lvl 19 + 2 its pretty cool ;D

I love how VS work now with splash damage. BTW how concentrated effect affects splash damage? Is it increasing DoT only to surrounding targets or also to main target?

Anyway mobs with chaos resistant are serious problem if you are using VS as main skill. We need some way to penetrate chaos resistance.

Next thing is PvP unbalance. VS is pretty good PvP skill unless you fight against CI characters which are completely immune to VS damage. There should be some way how to kill them.
Vs with melee splash + concentrated effect results in -16%DoT damage on main target while increasing the DoT damage on AOE hit targets if i am not mistaken.

It's pretty weird but that is how it functions atm.

Also bump for -x% chaos resistance per stack.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Do the passives "increased chaos damage" and "increased DoT" affect VS?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info