(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Peterlerock wrote:

The only thing I certainly agree with is Uber Lab. Vaal Pact is horrible in Lab. You can still run it somewhat comfortably just by respeccing VP into the .8% regen in Marauder start, but of course, Jugger is superior in Lab. This class is basically tailored to trivialize lab.

You're better off spec'ing out of the 100% leech node (not like you need it for lab anyway) and taking War Bringer so you can heal while standing on traps. If you are not going to stack regen, 0.8% is going to do nothing for you. Also, switch your Pantheon to Arakali+Ralakesh, it will be a lot more safe than getting 0.8% regen.

But see, thats the reason I went Jugg. In a league I do maybe 5-6 shapers and 40 guardians (if its a challenge, if not, I dont even run guardians), but I do over 200+ labs, this league I did probably close to 300. So I just went with the version that isnt good at 5% of the content I had to do. If you just want to map and ignore lab, VP zerker is totally fine. And btw, Jugg has 14% movement speed that Berserker does not, because Zerker's Ms is based on not being hit recently. This is quite nice for Cyclone :) :)
Last edited by Samir316 on Oct 5, 2017, 9:54:49 AM
"
Samir316 wrote:
You're better off spec'ing out of the 100% leech node (not like you need it for lab anyway) and taking War Bringer so you can heal while standing on traps.

Idk man, investing 10 regrets to unskill leech and then another 10 to take it back, that sounds like a waste to me. ;)

"
If you are not going to stack regen, 0.8% is going to do nothing for you. Also, switch your Pantheon to Arakali+Ralakesh, it will be a lot more safe than getting 0.8% regen.

As any other melee tree out there, I have the regen in marauder and duelist, so with that .8%, I'm at around 5.5% life regen, which works fine for me in lab.
Also, it's not like taking that .8 node prevents me from switching the pantheon (???).

"
So I just went with the version that isnt good at 5% of the content I had to do.

Same here, I run Lab once or twice a league.
Unless I build a character for Uber Lab... like a Jugger.

"
Jugg has 14% movement speed that Berserker does not, because Zerker's Ms is based on not being hit recently. This is quite nice for Cyclone :) :)

I like Jugger, but other than in Uber Lab, 15% movespeed or not, there's no way he can compete with a VP Berserker in terms of how fast you clear and what content you can safely run (most of it without even trying to dodge anything, just go in there, hold down your right mouse button and hit stuff until it is dead).
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Peter, would you recommend following your build tree for all berserkers, even if they don't take Vaal pact? I like to run ulab every now and then whenever the layout isn't too cancer and the map mod no-regen has always felt horrible for me so I don't know if i'd like vaal pact as much. But would you still recommend your general layout over the one in this guide for zerkers in particular?
"
Peter, would you recommend following your build tree for all berserkers, even if they don't take Vaal pact?

No. What's the point to travel all the way into shadow zone when you don't take vaal pact?

You can (maybe) justify the travel to ranger for the sword nodes when you're playing a 2h sword build, and then you also take the life and jewel socket there. And a bit more life along the way. And you naturally gain the dex required for gems and your sword.

But to invest another dozen points for a tree layout that doesn't lead anywhere (because you skip the target point, vaal pact)? Why would that be good?

(Also, for non VP, I would probably not pick Berserker. I'd pick Slayer > Jugger > Champion. Berserker is squishier than all of them.)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 5, 2017, 1:27:19 PM

Where would you guys go from here? What should I upgrade next?
Hello there. I saw the gear that you are using, and I don't see the Cyclone there. Do you only use it to level up? In case Cyclone is only for leveling purposes, which attack combinations do you use?

I see that you spent two points on Frenzy charge duration and savagery. How does this build obtain Frenzy charges?

I want to thank you in advance for your time.

To be honest guys, i've got a much better version of Cyclone.

Minotaur in <5 seconds.

https://plays.tv/video/59d2cd1d198c58c667/minotaur-in-5-seconds?from=user
"
VaroxExile wrote:

Minotaur in <5 seconds.

Wow !

Do you have a build guide posted somewhere?
"
GruntZilla wrote:

Where would you guys go from here? What should I upgrade next?

Steel rings with Shrieking Essence of Contempt.

I'd personally drop Arctic Armour and run Cyclone off mana, its way too easy in 2017. BM is good for when you are starting out and dont want to deal with mana, but at your level, you should move past that. That will let you use another dps gem, which is going to be a huge DPS boost.

Also.. boots with 30% ms. Its huge. Cyclone will reach its destination faster, allowing you to start again faster giving you more initial hits.
"
VaroxExile wrote:

Minotaur in <5 seconds.

You are playing a crit version of Cyclone with an abyssus and a 5% crit base weapon. So yeah, maybe your version works for minotaur, but its already much more expensive than RT cyclone, while somehow being not that optimal.

Its kinda of odd to say "hey guys, this beginner build which you can make for 100 chaos isnt as good as my 35-50 exalt build" ... well... of course it isn't. But you've spent 100x more on this gear. On top of that, you have no accuracy and you are using the incorrect enchantment (cyclone dmg, it should be 15% attack speed). So your crit build will do more damage than an RT build, but will be far outmatched by more optimized crit builds.

If you're gonna go crit sword, why not make yourself a proper crit exquisite blade which can not only match Forge in DPS, but offer higher base crit, crit multi, attack speed, weapon range (3/4) and STILL give you hatred and herald of ash on top of that.
Last edited by Samir316 on Oct 12, 2017, 1:30:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info