(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
nasdravi wrote:
Thank you for this guide mate, it is so fun to play :)
Also, i noticed cyclone can past thru frost wall, so i guess its a good cwdt option....
cheers!
PS If you have time take a look at my gear for suggestions.... im currently farming t8 maps..i use hatred and HoA... thanks

Your weapon and most rares are fine, I suggest going for coil and sinking your currency into a 5-6l. Past that rumi and taste are great investments. eventually disfavour and min-maxing all your rares and jewels, which is an endless adventure
LightyGaming.com
"
diinhoca wrote:
So, thats my gear right now and i have 7 ex, what should i buy?

Spoiler

Time to upgrade marohi, it starts to fall off around lv85 and since you have a 5l coil you can grab a 550pdps mace for 7ex unlinked without much issue.
LightyGaming.com
"
theVirQ wrote:
How do I get endurance charges? Is it worth using Hatred + Warlord's Mark Blasphemy instead of Hatred + HoA + AA? Or do I use CWDT Warlord's?

"
andrew8448 wrote:
You can use CWDT Warlords Mark OR you can manually cast Enduring Cry to maintain charges.
I use both setups, mainly because I use 7 Endurance Charges total so I feel it is definitely worth it to be able to manually keep them up all the time. In high mob density areas, it's probably enough to just run CWDT and Warlord's Mark. Both work quite well, IMO.

Hope this helps.

Cast when damage taken + warlords mark, endurance charge on melee stun or manually casting enduring cry
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Jan 7, 2016, 9:40:37 PM
"
Dstry wrote:
Can this be run without blood magic and use Spirit void or is blood magic required?

You can run cyclone off mana after 2.1 and its located under the Running Cyclone Using Mana section of the passive tree section
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Jan 7, 2016, 9:39:57 PM
"
Pwd wrote:
Hey Lighty,
cheers for the amazing build write up. Using it currently in talisman and having a blast. Would anyway be able to give me some advice on what gear I need to upgrade to help push maps? I'm quite new so I'm still learning whats good and that.

Im still working on getting some better flasks, just trying to save up the currency for some.

Cheers.

I would suggest saving for a lightning coil and getting some 30% movement speed boots ASAP, being slow while playing cyclone is aids. Rumi's and Taste are great investments aswell and rolling some 2-4 prop jewels are fairly cheap in temp leagues due to the market flooding with regals.
LightyGaming.com
"
Divinorum1 wrote:
I got Bronn's Lithe Cutthroats Garb today. Its got some interesting affixes that look like they would be extremely useful with Cyclone. It would be expensive to get the proper color sockets but has anyone tested it out?

Its "ok" at best and due to its high dex as you pointed out its difficult to roll correct colors, however if you someone found a 5-6l one; no harm in using it.
LightyGaming.com
"
13isLucky wrote:
"
saraphz wrote:
Hello Lighty,

at what point do you decide whether you're gonna be axe or mace marauder?
Not Lighty but, you can really wait till almost lvl 70-ish if you take the other nodes first. My talisman marauder just started taking damage nodes around lvl 69. By that point, you should either have dropped a decent 2-hand or bought one on the cheap.

Essentially this, you can go without weapon specific nodes until you have a "nice" weapon lined up, however the stats per point wont be as effective as weapon specific ones. You should be able to afford a marohi, kaoms primacy or doomsower by there required level to wield without issue, even in a newer league.
LightyGaming.com
"
Cirdecus wrote:
"
Migosha wrote:

If you can maintain Fortify just with your Leap Slam you can forget that comment of mine. You got it, it's all what matter.

Lightning Coil remove 30% of your physical damage taken and make it ligtning damage, that damage will be mitigated by your lightning resist. With a capped lightning resist that means 30*0.75 = 22.5% damage suppressed. And as Lighty mentionned earlier with a lightning resist flask you can go up to 30*0.85 = 25.5% physical damage reduction.
As you got one you can test it, you'll see the big change. Just go a not too hard map as you won't have your gear optimised, do a bit with your normal setup and then switch to Lightning Coil, you'll see (of course be sure to be lightning resist capped or you're losing the good part).
Mine is not 6L yet (and seems like it will never be ... :p) and there's no way I would remove it. I put it on me, went to an area and the difference was definitly huge in incomming damage. The downpart is having 60% more resist lightning to get and changing a lot of equipment to cap all your resistances again. But in my opinion it's really worth it.

Uber is the same as normal, only the Queen get a few empower on her skills. The real difference is that the incoming damage is something like 3 times the normal mode damage. That's not soft at all. As long as you don't roll over the normal version it's probably not worth losing time/money on Uber. Or just once to see how it really is.
Top maps are the same, I watched someone going for Core after farming 5 flawless UBer in a row. He just couldn't do the last boss, because it's how it's meant to be ... more than challenging. On those maps you'll die, being melee tends to make a lot of things harder. For Queen or the Three a ranged can easily dps when you'll have to run away and wait for the moment you can approach the boss again.

Thanks Migosha, that clarifies it. Thankfully my lightning resistance is decently over cap as it is, so let me try and grab a lightning coil and see what I can do :). Maybe as i climb slowly from 89-100 i'll pick up a few more life passives or as I change a few pieces of gear to make lightning work i can look for some life.

What about Mings? Is it necessary for Chaos res or should i replace and forget chaos resistance? I take a massive life hit wearing it and it takes up a spot for a nice rare ring.

So this is what I can say regarding my 12 uber atziri attempts with 2h rt cyclone. It can be done, however alot of stars need to align and you need to have very very good gear to compensate for the fact that rt cyclone simply doesn't have enough dps to make it easy and your melee. I have yet to kill uber however ive gotten to her deathless in 4 of my 12 runs. Her spears are the real killer pre 2.1 and they've gained damage since then and we have lost damage. If your looking for an uber atziri killer, this isn't the build for it; maybe one day it will be. 10-15 builds can do uber faster,cheaper and safer than 2H RT Cyclone can. Its the king of mapping for melee but uber atziri just is out of reach realistically.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Jan 7, 2016, 11:59:47 PM
"
Lighty wrote:
So this is what I can say regarding my 12 uber atziri attempts with 2h rt cyclone. It can be done, however alot of stars need to align and you need to have very very good gear to compensate for the fact that rt cyclone simply doesn't have enough dps to make it easy and your melee. I have yet to kill uber however ive gotten to her deathless in 4 of my 12 runs. Her spears are the real killer pre 2.1 and they've gained damage since then and we have lost damage. If your looking for an uber atziri killer, this isn't the build for it; maybe one day it will be. 10-15 builds can do uber faster,cheaper and safer than 2H RT Cyclone can. Its the king of mapping for melee but uber atziri just is out of reach realistically.

Hello Lighty,
No wonder the gear requirment is very high, it's supposed to be one of the top end maps (even if Core seems to be way more difficult in fact, because of the final boss).
I'm only trying the normal version, so I can only talk about what I saw from others' streams and the theory. Seems like your problem is her multi spear ? That's strange, I'm used to see Mathil doing her with a Voltaxic ranger and the Spears don't seems to be that much of trouble. We should have an advantage on that as we are close range and can easily turn around her clockwise so the spears won't hit us.
When he can't dodge them it's like half of his hp lost on impact, nothing that big as long as you're not hit instantly by something else. I don't remember his exact hp, but must be around 5K, and Spears are physical so we have a way better mitigation. The only thing is that Spears debuff you with a heavy Puncture, so we have to use an anti-bleed flask as soon as we're hit or we gonna die from the Puncture's effect.
It's exactly the same as the third boss from the trio with his Corrupted Blood on its Cleaves: you Cyclone around (or through) him and if you get hit by its Cleave you instantly flask to remove the Corrupting Blood or you're dead in the next 3 seconds.
Maybe there is someyhing I fail to see in that fight's mecanics, but with some training Uber Queen's Spears shouldn't be that much of troubles. The fight must be pretty long tho and failing at any event is badly punished. I would be more afraid of the big big Flameblast that cover nearly all the area as we don't have a mobility skill (except for thoses using Leap Slam I guess) and if you're caught in the middle of the screen without any Quicksilver charge left it sounds bad for you. But that's already the case in normal.

On that same subject: what are the good ways to farm for normal maps fragments to run Atziri? Finding an area with a good chance to have a corrupted area? When farming Dried Lake I can't say that corrupted areas are there often, doesn't seems very productive.
I tried to Vaal Orb a normal map but you gain like 1 Sacrifice fragment over the map, not really worth it.
I know you can buy 2 frag for 1C and then use them on the map device to "change them" to what you need, but I prefer to do things myself rather than buying when I can.
"
Migosha wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:

Hello Lighty,
No wonder the gear requirment is very high, it's supposed to be one of the top end maps (even if Core seems to be way more difficult in fact, because of the final boss).
I'm only trying the normal version, so I can only talk about what I saw from others' streams and the theory. Seems like your problem is her multi spear ? That's strange, I'm used to see Mathil doing her with a Voltaxic ranger and the Spears don't seems to be that much of trouble. We should have an advantage on that as we are close range and can easily turn around her clockwise so the spears won't hit us.
When he can't dodge them it's like half of his hp lost on impact, nothing that big as long as you're not hit instantly by something else. I don't remember his exact hp, but must be around 5K, and Spears are physical so we have a way better mitigation. The only thing is that Spears debuff you with a heavy Puncture, so we have to use an anti-bleed flask as soon as we're hit or we gonna die from the Puncture's effect.
It's exactly the same as the third boss from the trio with his Corrupted Blood on its Cleaves: you Cyclone around (or through) him and if you get hit by its Cleave you instantly flask to remove the Corrupting Blood or you're dead in the next 3 seconds.
Maybe there is someyhing I fail to see in that fight's mecanics, but with some training Uber Queen's Spears shouldn't be that much of troubles. The fight must be pretty long tho and failing at any event is badly punished. I would be more afraid of the big big Flameblast that cover nearly all the area as we don't have a mobility skill (except for thoses using Leap Slam I guess) and if you're caught in the middle of the screen without any Quicksilver charge left it sounds bad for you. But that's already the case in normal.

On that same subject: what are the good ways to farm for normal maps fragments to run Atziri? Finding an area with a good chance to have a corrupted area? When farming Dried Lake I can't say that corrupted areas are there often, doesn't seems very productive.
I tried to Vaal Orb a normal map but you gain like 1 Sacrifice fragment over the map, not really worth it.
I know you can buy 2 frag for 1C and then use them on the map device to "change them" to what you need, but I prefer to do things myself rather than buying when I can.

If running normal atziri is your goal its easier to simply map, chaos recipe and buy fragments than it is to farm docks watching for fps drops; which is the faster method to gather frags from what I know. Another issue we have with uber is how fast she attacks/casts and our lack of movement skill, we can toss in leap slam + faster attacks but it doesn't cover enough ground in enough time to dodge some of her mechanics; of which 1-2 shot us if caught. Im going to do another 10 uber runs come the last week of talisman so we'll see how it goes from there. Also keep in mind most builds have either high eva or phase acro when doing uber which make a large difference, not to mention 9/10 whirling blades or blink arrow which are far superior movement skills to leap slam.
LightyGaming.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info