(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

Hey again, everyone.
I'm back with another question that I *really* need an answer to since I do not know the associated math to figure out DPS.

Basically, I am wondering which of the following setups give more damage.

1. Cyclone-Blood Magic-Melee Physical Damage-Added Fire Damage=Fortify-Concentrated Effect

or

2. Cyclone-Blood Magic-Melee Physical Damage-Fortify-Bloodlust-Concentrated Effect

I know that Bloodlust gem doesn't show up on tooltip, and that's where I am having trouble figuring this out. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Also, let me know is this is the 'right way' to calculate Bloodlust DPS

Tooltip DPS x 0.61(from Bloodlust multiplier) = Bonus damage from Bloodlust Gem.

then

Bonus damage from Bloodlust Gem. + Tooltip DPS = True DPS

Is that correct?

Again, any help = greatly appreciated. Thank you in advanced!

Lastly...

Is Faster Attacks in any way 'better' than Weapon Elemental Damage? Again, too lazy/uninitiated in the required math to figure this out.

A huge Thank You to any help I can get!
question for lighty or anyone else:

can this build could be done as a scion then? looks like you just need 6 more nodes to connect to scion start. and they are all melee phy damage nodes/life nodes. so it could easily off set 6 other life nodes right? let me know then thanks guys
IGN : FourTwenty_Yolo_BlazeIt
Twitch : www.Twitch.tv/187RIPgaming
"We will no longer surrender this country, or its people, to the false song of globalism. The nation-state remains the true foundation for happiness and harmony." -Donald J. Trump
just tried atziri for the first time. Failed against the queen :(

max all res
5k life
23 dmg reduction
24 evasion
AA + classic coil :(
32k tooltip dmg
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
"
unlucky_child wrote:
just tried atziri for the first time. Failed against the queen :(

max all res
5k life
23 dmg reduction
24 evasion
AA + classic coil :(
32k tooltip dmg

All your defensives stats are more than enough for her. The fight is more about dodging things than facetanking anyway (you can try the facetanking method but it won't be a long fight for you :P).
Are your 32K damage in town or on field with all the bonuses on ?

If it's in town: it's over what is needed. If it's fully buffed: it's still enough, you won't roll on her with ease but it's enough. As long as you can kill the adds before they reach her it's pretty all you need in term of dps.
The real thing in your case is : practice ;) It's about knowing her phases and attacks paterns, how to place yourself (it's not a very melee friendly fight even if the mobility from Cyclone does help). Having movement speed does help a lot, both for dodging things and for gaining dps by being back hitting her after dodging.
You'll see with experience that you'll manage most of her attacks and gain in "real dps" when you'll optimise your movements and don't "fear" the mecanics anymore.
If you use Kaoms Heart, just ignore using a vaal skill ?
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
"
Koolaid_Man wrote:
question for lighty or anyone else:

can this build could be done as a scion then? looks like you just need 6 more nodes to connect to scion start. and they are all melee phy damage nodes/life nodes. so it could easily off set 6 other life nodes right? let me know then thanks guys

It's doable. It cost 5 points if you go from top left of the Scion starting point. Those 5 points can be taken bottom left of Marauder's starting point.
You lose :
24% incresed armor
13% increased max hp
0.8% life per second
You gain :
2% life per second
It's a loss, but nothing that will have that much of a big impact on the character.

Another solutions are: going bottom of Scion's starting point and that cost you 8 stat points. You can gain:
- +28% elemental resist (which is nice for having better stats on your gear).
- 10% damage
- 24% armor
Or take the 8 points route bottom left for added damage and HP which could be nice too:
- 46% damage
- 15% life
For that you drop the 5 points from Maurauder's bottom left and for exemple a Jewel's node.

All in all I'm more for the 8 points routes that really bring something to the table rather than the 5 points one. If you take the elemental route it's 13% max hp and a jewel slot traded for 10% damage and 28% resist all. If you take the damage route it's 24% armor and a jewel lost for 2% more hp and 46% damage.
great build, did similiar one but without focusing specifically on weapon damage nodes, rather melee + life and only weapon specific jewels, curently using the 'worst' option which is sword- doomsower but i just like how my exquisite katana looks like so that's why :P

also running culling strike leapslam with iir, iiq, blood magic and divination distillate just for some extra loot :>

37k unbuffed - 47 buffed
47% armor + arctic armor
6k life

tier 12 arsenals cleared with 3 people at no problem

works really well. I will transition to atziri disfavour at some point but I think that the build does not really require you to specify what weapon type you would be using, u can work your way around with just using the melee, 2h weapon nodes and it's absolutely fine.
There was no great genius without a touch of madness - Seneca (younger)

hehehehehehehehehehe - Niko the Mad
"
Cirdecus wrote:
Thanks Migosha, that clarifies it. Thankfully my lightning resistance is decently over cap as it is, so let me try and grab a lightning coil and see what I can do :). Maybe as i climb slowly from 89-100 i'll pick up a few more life passives or as I change a few pieces of gear to make lightning work i can look for some life.

What about Mings? Is it necessary for Chaos res or should i replace and forget chaos resistance? I take a massive life hit wearing it and it takes up a spot for a nice rare ring.

You can just try Lightning Coil on an easy map like Dried Lake or whichever you want, so you don't have to change all your equipment. All you need is 75% lightning resist to see what it really does. For me I tested on Voll, usually its hits where for half my hp, with LC on, it went down to removing 1/3 of my hp only. The choice was done!! I wanted to make it 6L before wearing it, I changed my mind and wear it as it is.
Maybe you won't feel any change but most people who tried it felt in love. I can't imagine how nice it is to have the Legacy version at 40%.

Just like you I'm only at 4.4K hp and can't change much things to have more, most pieces got hp already, so I'll have to deal with it.

For Ming, it's nice for the Chaos resistance and also for a huge dps boost, those 20% more damage are really tempting. It's more the dps gain than the resist that you may miss. By experience when changing some pieces because of Lightning Coil I lost the few Chaos resist I had, I'm down to -XX% if I remember correctly. And honestly it's not that much of a big deal as long as your other resists are capped. You can keep the Ming in stash anyway and if you find a Map Boss that overuse Chaos and bring you troubles you'll equip that ring back for him. You already have Atziri's Promise for a Chaos resist boost when fighting bosses.
You may miss the dps boost from the ring, but like most people at level 90 it's more your survivability than your dps that you need to work on. Cyclone's dps is really high as long as you follow that thread, so better lose a little (I know too well how hard it is to do that :D) and gain some eHP. Once you totally masterise a map you can drop some defense and put back some dps.
Regarding the skill use, is there any skill that can be directly replaced by Cyclone (I sort of like variety) with the same skill tree?

No idea how, but with this skill tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEABLMFLQd1CZYLYQxfDjwTTBQgFE0UcRfhGJEY1xynIVUhYCb4KaUwdzkOOlI64TwFPC09_ECgRrdHfk3jTjJQR1OlV1RZ_l4TXz9hUmRSZU1oWGjycql07XTxdn92rHh6eu97jHzZfuCCB4Nfg8yExITZhO-FUoZgh2qJ2IqzjM-TqJd5nleiAKZXqSeplK2Nr2y3PryfvTa-p8BmwKbBo8RYxPbGrs9-02_Xlti92WHZfNrB3D3iYeRR6hjrCe8O707vfPAf8kHyRfZI9zL46_xL_gr-jw==?accountName=Wallwalker22&characterName=_Herodes_

And this gear:
Spoiler

I have 11.3k armour without Granite Flask and 26.2k armour with Granite Flask.
Full DPS Setup gives me 82k dps with Herald of Ash and Hatred, without Frenzy Charges and 112k DPS with 3 Frenzy Charges and 129k with Atziri's Promise and Charges, note this is with Conc. Effect, with AoE gem I have 52.5k without charges and 68.3k with 3 Frenzy Charges, 81k with 3 Frenzy Charges and Atziri's Promise.
Sitting at 5.4k HP and 156 unreserved mana.
Pretty dang gud.

The only update I can see left for me, without having to change all of my gear, is six-linking my Disfavour and exchanging my chest for Kaom's Heart (nonlegacy).
Last edited by Wallwalker22 on Jan 7, 2016, 9:00:40 AM
Could this build work better using a Soul Taker Siege Axe
Spoiler
Rarity: Unique
Soul Taker
Siege Axe
--------
One Handed Axe
Physical Damage: 100-188 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 5.00%
Attacks per Second: 1.83 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 60
Str: 134
Dex: 82
--------
Sockets: R G-R
--------
Item Level: 75
--------
138% increased Physical Damage
Adds 10-20 Physical Damage
22% increased Attack Speed
+21% to Cold Resistance
Insufficient Mana doesn't prevent your Melee Attacks
Your Physical Damage can Chill
--------
It is too easy for the soul to escape from an open heart.
?

I bought a few regrets to temporarily respec my tree just to check out the sheet dps and I got ~30k in town, keep in mind that with this axe, you don't need blood magic gems on anything, when doing a map it will probably be 70k+ fully buffed with all the added benefits of being able to slot in a shield.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info