(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Lighty wrote:
"
masyazmey wrote:
Hello, im wondering, is cyclone build viable with Lavianga's Spirit flask instead of armor flask?

Like this setup 2healpots, atziri\taste, quicksilver, lavianga?who tried it alrdy?

atm running 6L with blood magic(94k dps vaal haste\3frenzy\atziri flask) and want to get rid of that gem

Okay so your theory crafting a variation of 2H Cyclone that using Lavianga's to have a zero mana cost cyclone. There is 1 large issue with this and that's it only works during flask effect; which is only active while your regaining the mana from the flask use, so you would have to be spending/losing mana somehow during the flask effect to maintain the zero mana cost effect.

oh, thats how it goes..2bad, thought it would be easy 7sec freecast buff :Dmy bad, thx!)

and ofc, huge thx for the guide, easy 20\20 1M 33hours played lvl 85, and neverending fun on standart league, relaxing spin2win after work, now with disfavour and 6l chest, farming atziri, hope to start alting endgame weapons soon)
Last edited by masyazmey on Nov 2, 2015, 2:35:51 PM
Hey Lighty, continuing to have fun with your build, and it served me well again in the 1M. Ultimately though I'll be consolidating everything to my Standard character (originally from Warbands), so I've been playing him again the past few days

It's pretty clear to me that my next upgrade needs to be a 6L Atziri's Disfavour, and I'm currently grinding for the currency. My question though is what should come afterwards. Is it really going to be worth it to lose 1.2k armor plus resists for a Lightning Coil? Or should I be looking elsewhere for that next upgrade?

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on that, and my setup overall. I hit level 92 a couple of days ago.

What masters are most important for this build?

If you could rank them in order of importance for a new league that would be appreciated.
"
Hellsmith wrote:

If you could rank them in order of importance for a new league that would be appreciated.

Vegan-haku-elreon-tora
"
skoupidi wrote:
"
Hellsmith wrote:

Vegan-haku-elreon-tora

In a new league I would suggest this order and master level..

• Haku: Affects 4 item slots and assists in getting res capped (Ideally level 6)
  • Elreon: Affects 3 item slots and assists in getting res capped (Ideally level 5)
  • Vagan: Helps to craft a rare weapon of which is your most important slot (Ideally level 5)
  • Vorici: Almost strictly for 4 socketing/linking (Ideally level 4)
  • Zana: Free Maps
  • Tora: Weapon elemental damage on belt is basically all that metters (Ideally level 4)
  • Catarina: As useless as useless can be for cyclone
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Nov 3, 2015, 1:31:01 AM
"
masyazmey wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
"
masyazmey wrote:
Hello, im wondering, is cyclone build viable with Lavianga's Spirit flask instead of armor flask?

Like this setup 2healpots, atziri\taste, quicksilver, lavianga?who tried it alrdy?

atm running 6L with blood magic(94k dps vaal haste\3frenzy\atziri flask) and want to get rid of that gem

Okay so your theory crafting a variation of 2H Cyclone that using Lavianga's to have a zero mana cost cyclone. There is 1 large issue with this and that's it only works during flask effect; which is only active while your regaining the mana from the flask use, so you would have to be spending/losing mana somehow during the flask effect to maintain the zero mana cost effect.

oh, thats how it goes..2bad, thought it would be easy 7sec freecast buff :Dmy bad, thx!)

and ofc, huge thx for the guide, easy 20\20 1M 33hours played lvl 85, and neverending fun on standart league, relaxing spin2win after work, now with disfavour and 6l chest, farming atziri, hope to start alting endgame weapons soon)

Yeah that would be OP. Flask effects only last for the duration of the life/mana recovery. Thats why Magic Find builds often turn off an aura to allow for a longer duration of Divination Distillate. You can also keep the flask at 0% quality which will reduce the amount of life/mana it recovers and in-turn allow for a longer flask effect.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Nov 3, 2015, 1:32:05 AM
"
k0pfschuss wrote:
Hey Lighty, continuing to have fun with your build, and it served me well again in the 1M. Ultimately though I'll be consolidating everything to my Standard character (originally from Warbands), so I've been playing him again the past few days

It's pretty clear to me that my next upgrade needs to be a 6L Atziri's Disfavour, and I'm currently grinding for the currency. My question though is what should come afterwards. Is it really going to be worth it to lose 1.2k armor plus resists for a Lightning Coil? Or should I be looking elsewhere for that next upgrade?

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on that, and my setup overall. I hit level 92 a couple of days ago.

Okay so let me explain how Lightning Coil works and why its insane. So 30%/40%(legacy) of physical damage taken is converted into lightning damage which is mitigated by your lightning resistance. So you take 75% less of that 30%/40%(legacy), this effectively mitigates 22.5%/30%(legacy) physical damage taken. The amount of armour you would need to mitigate 22.5%/30%(legacy) of physical damage taken is way higher than the ease of running Lightning Coil. Now this operates the same way for Taste of Hate and Redblades Helmets and stacking these types of backdoor mitigation is extremely strong. The main thing you want to be aware of is that if you ever get cursed below 75% lightning res you will get chunked for more than the normal amount due to the conversion. Also ( but less often ) you can be shocked since your receiving lightning damage but it seldom occurs from personal experience.

Now regarding your gear; its mostly all very nice. Maybe try and upgrade your jewelry and work your way towards a rare rustic sash with a high WeD roll. Both of these things will/can be expensive but you've gotten to the "true endgame" of poe; the min/maxing. Atziri Disfavour is a great investment and the price should go down with the addition of the Last One Standing card and the general lack of removal/destruction of the current axes out there. im curious to what ilevel your weapon is and if its 73 or 83 there may be some merit to self crafting it given the already 6L.

let me know what questions you have and progress you make!
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Nov 3, 2015, 1:27:52 AM
hi, i would really like to know what type i should choose?
there are axe, mace version for marauder.
Could you please suggest me which to choose in terms of budget, dps and survivability?
"
Lighty wrote:
Okay so let me explain how Lightning Coil works and why its insane. So 30%/40%(legacy) of physical damage taken is converted into lightning damage which is mitigated by your lightning resistance. So you take 75% less of that 30%/40%(legacy), this effectively mitigates 22.5%/30%(legacy) physical damage taken. The amount of armour you would need to mitigate 22.5%/30%(legacy) of physical damage taken is way higher than the ease of running Lightning Coil. Now this operates the same way for Taste of Hate and Redblades Helmets and stacking these types of backdoor mitigation is extremely strong. The main thing you want to be aware of is that if you ever get cursed below 75% lightning res you will get chunked for more than the normal amount due to the conversion. Also ( but less often ) you can be shocked since your receiving lightning damage but it seldom occurs from personal experience.

Now regarding your gear; its mostly all very nice. Maybe try and upgrade your jewelry and work your way towards a rare rustic sash with a high WeD roll. Both of these things will/can be expensive but you've gotten to the "true endgame" of poe; the min/maxing. Atziri Disfavour is a great investment and the price should go down with the addition of the Last One Standing card and the general lack of removal/destruction of the current axes out there. im curious to what ilevel your weapon is and if its 73 or 83 there may be some merit to self crafting it given the already 6L.

let me know what questions you have and progress you make!

Thanks for the response. After I purchase the Disfavour, sounds like it will be worth it to figure out how to rework my gear to make up the resists and accommodate the lightning coil. Definitely replace the amethyst ring (at the cost of a bit of damage), but what else becomes harder. I have some time to think about it at least.

I saw some 6L Disfavours listed (both on poe.trade and in trade chat) for 38 ex. Just a few days ago the lowest I saw was 40. Definitely coming down
"
aMIgolala wrote:
hi, i would really like to know what type i should choose?
there are axe, mace version for marauder.
Could you please suggest me which to choose in terms of budget, dps and survivability?

I would suggest Axe simply for Kaom's Primacy; its relatively cheap and can last you well into the 80's. You also gain 1 more weapon range than mace/sword and gain 10% chance for onslaught buff from the Slaughter node.
LightyGaming.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info