(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

In the recommended 2h weapon levelling items you've put Wideswing Poleaxe which is an axe and therefore groundslam doesn't work with... am i missing something?
"
Billdogga wrote:
In the recommended 2h weapon levelling items you've put Wideswing Poleaxe which is an axe and therefore groundslam doesn't work with... am i missing something?

You're not suposed to use ground slam
Having a blast with this build in 1MonthSC league. LoH works like a charmn with Cyclone/Vaal Cyclone. Running T7-T9 rare maps like a breeze, despite some funnny deaths with Vaal Cyclone and beyond bosses... for science!

I am quite shocked the build is this good despite all the league mods, I have subpar gear (1200AR 80% all res more or less) but it can easily carry 6-man parties where everyone else dies and/or is running like a headless chicken!

Sadly, the build could benefit from an Enduring Cry gem a lot, but its synergy with Cyclone is clunky at best (you can't cast it while cycloning, meaning you can get stunlocked to death if you stop to cast it).

My gear:
Last edited by Harmona on Oct 12, 2015, 5:49:23 PM
"
Semune wrote:
Trying this build out, it seems interesting.

I started out with a BoR in maps, when I swapped to BotB and a helm, I lost a lot of damage and didn't gain too much survivability.

Is your tooltip dps with blood rage on? Right now my DPS is 18.7k with BotB + Helm compared to around 27k with BoR. My BoR build didn't use any aura other than herald of ash, while the BotB + helm build uses haste+hatred.

I'm not exactly sure on your math but its definitely possible you have more pdps with bor as it adds a fair amount of flat physical, however its a strictly worse choice than a rare helm & a high end unique body armour. My tooltip pdps at the time in the screenshot was without bloodrage and frenzy charges.
LightyGaming.com
"
eduh wrote:
"
Billdogga wrote:

You're not suposed to use ground slam

If your using wideswing you can multistrike or cleave.
LightyGaming.com
"
Harmona wrote:
Having a blast with this build in 1MonthSC league. LoH works like a charmn with Cyclone/Vaal Cyclone. Running T7-T9 rare maps like a breeze, despite some funnny deaths with Vaal Cyclone and beyond bosses... for science!

I am quite shocked the build is this good despite all the league mods, I have subpar gear (1200AR 80% all res more or less) but it can easily carry 6-man parties where everyone else dies and/or is running like a headless chicken!

Sadly, the build could benefit from an Enduring Cry gem a lot, but its synergy with Cyclone is clunky at best (you can't cast it while cycloning, meaning you can get stunlocked to death if you stop to cast it).

My gear:

Lookin good! yeah 2h cyclone is super good on a budget and can run 100% of rares and trash gear overall!
LightyGaming.com
Really enjoying the guide bro! I was wondering if I could ask for some help with my passive tree? I made some personal changes. This is where I'm at right now at level 81 in the 1 Month SC League. Was wondering where I should go next? I was thinking of just grabbing the remaining DPS nodes. I went Oak/Kraityn/Kraityn for bandits btw.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBBLMFLQU8CZYLYQxfDjwRGhQgFHEYkRo4Gj4cpycvKS4xnjkOOlI64TwFPC09_ECgRrdHfkh4UEdTpVdUWGNZ814TXz9hUmVNZlRoZWjycg9yqXNrdO12rHrve4x8uHzZggeDX4PMhNmE74VShmCHaozPkFWQbJOolG-XeZ_fogCmV6knqZSsqq2Nr2y3PryfvTa-p8BmxFjE9sVTxq7G2M9-02_Yvdlh2Xzawdwy5FHqGOsJ7w7vTu988B_yQfJF8932SPcy-Ov-Cg==

Spoiler

With that said in what order of priority should I go for the following: Slaughter*/Cleaving/Executioner/Wrecking Ball/Splitting Strikes?

*How does the Onslaught from the Slaughter node interact with the Onslaught from Daresso's? Should I not grab the slaughter node while having Daresso's then?

Plus I'm currently running 2 Vaal Hastes was thinking if maybe swapping one out for Vaal Molten Shell would be good for boss fights? Vaal Cyclone and the Flashback league with beyond don't really play well together. *EDIT - Swapped out one of the Vaal Hastes for Vaal Molten Shell and moved some things around so I could link it to Iron Will as well. Still low level though.

Also would the 0.2% HP Regen per Endurance charge be a decent pickup since I use Daresso's Defiance?

Last thing, I was thinking my next upgrade should be my weapon? At what PDPS does a rare start to show a difference over Kaom's Primacy?

Overall great guide man! Really appreciate the work you've done plus how you reply to people.

You da real mvp.

Thanks!

*EDIT - 82 now. Went into the Wrecking Ball/Execution cluster. Was thinking that Wrecking Ball -> Splitting Strikes -> Executioner would be the best way to go?
Method to Madness.
Last edited by Booty_knight on Oct 13, 2015, 11:11:40 AM
"
Lighty wrote:
"
Why don't you grab the increased endurance charge nodes? Especially since you opt to grab things like the two life and armour/regen near the beggining of the tree? Wouldn't those be better used to get another endurance charge?

Are you referring to getting additional endurance charges or endurance charge duration nodes? Post a passive tree highlighting what your talking about; It will help me understand your perspective.

I am referring to the increased amount of charges, they are avoided on the trees!

I am a new player and am struggling to break past tier 5ish maps.
Sup lighty,gz on that build bro . .its funny and OP as hell,works great for everything,i love it:D . . .anyway ..i got a question,kinda noob question but i would like to know from you what is best for me at 1msc . .its hard to find a great pdps axe so my question is,what should i buy? a 450 pdps axe or 500 pdps coronal maul? i mean,the 10+ area radius(6 from mace and 4 passive) and 50 + pdps can outdamage the 1+ weapon range and attack speed buff from axe?

Thanks lighty and sorry for my bad english:D

ps: disfavour is out of question atm for me :(
"
Really enjoying the guide bro! I was wondering if I could ask for some help with my passive tree? I made some personal changes. This is where I'm at right now at level 81 in the 1 Month SC League. Was wondering where I should go next? I was thinking of just grabbing the remaining DPS nodes. I went Oak/Kraityn/Kraityn for bandits btw.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBBLMFLQU8CZYLYQxfDjwRGhQgFHEYkRo4Gj4cpycvKS4xnjkOOlI64TwFPC09_ECgRrdHfkh4UEdTpVdUWGNZ814TXz9hUmVNZlRoZWjycg9yqXNrdO12rHrve4x8uHzZggeDX4PMhNmE74VShmCHaozPkFWQbJOolG-XeZ_fogCmV6knqZSsqq2Nr2y3PryfvTa-p8BmxFjE9sVTxq7G2M9-02_Yvdlh2Xzawdwy5FHqGOsJ7w7vTu988B_yQfJF8932SPcy-Ov-Cg==

Spoiler

With that said in what order of priority should I go for the following: Slaughter*/Cleaving/Executioner/Wrecking Ball/Splitting Strikes?

*How does the Onslaught from the Slaughter node interact with the Onslaught from Daresso's? Should I not grab the slaughter node while having Daresso's then?

Plus I'm currently running 2 Vaal Hastes was thinking if maybe swapping one out for Vaal Molten Shell would be good for boss fights? Vaal Cyclone and the Flashback league with beyond don't really play well together. *EDIT - Swapped out one of the Vaal Hastes for Vaal Molten Shell and moved some things around so I could link it to Iron Will as well. Still low level though.

Also would the 0.2% HP Regen per Endurance charge be a decent pickup since I use Daresso's Defiance?

Last thing, I was thinking my next upgrade should be my weapon? At what PDPS does a rare start to show a difference over Kaom's Primacy?

Overall great guide man! Really appreciate the work you've done plus how you reply to people.

You da real mvp.

Thanks!

*EDIT - 82 now. Went into the Wrecking Ball/Execution cluster. Was thinking that Wrecking Ball -> Splitting Strikes -> Executioner would be the best way to go?

[Wrecking ball - Splitting Srikes - Slaughter ] if your going to stick with axes. The onslaught from daressos just overlaps; you don't get double onslaught. The .2% regen per endurance charge if fine but I wouldn't suggest it with daressos defiance as your endurance charges are almost immediately removed and they would need to remain for 1 full second for the server to grant you the .2% regen. So lets say the average dps for a Kaoms primacy is 410. You would need a rare with 410+10%=441dps because of culling strike. Getting a rare with that much dps is almost always going to cost you 2-3x the amount of Kaoms primacy so Wait and buy a i83 Vaal Axe and just self craft a weapon ( can cost around 6ex to make a nice one (550pdps+) ). Thanks for the support and let me know if this answers all your questions!
LightyGaming.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info