Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Let me start by saying my following post probably belongs in general or somewhere, however, I'm putting it here because I credit this guide for keeping in the game.

I'm pretty new to PoE, maybe about a month and was getting ready to throw in the towel when I just couldn't follow a Bow Build guide. I really wanted to play a bow character but apparently I was just too much of a n00b to get it going.

This build was on my radar from a few suggested YT videos and from a streamer I was watching. So, I stuck it out and started your guide.

Just wow, what a shockingly (see what I did there ;)) good guide! I learned a ton and was able to follow it clear through a Map Tier 9 easily. It really kept me interested and playing after my horrible time with attempting a bow character.

The only thing I purchased was the chest for 3 Chaos, the rest I found by looking out for items as you recommended. I don't know much about the game but I think my character is doing very good!?!?
Max resist, ~22k dps and 3.9k HP.

Herein lies when things fall apart. I appear to have hit a very steep wall. I went from 68->83 grinding maps. In that time I only discovered ONE trial of ascendancy :( I only know I can clear a Tier 9 map because I chose it from a challenge from Zana.

After much contemplation, I decided to spend everything I accumulated since the start of Betrayal, which is about 60 or so Chromatic Orbs and 40 or so Orbs of Alteration and 22 Chaos to create a 6 piece buying "Emperor of Purity" cards. I only have 16 Alchemy Orbs which I want to use for maps. I have 1 regal.

WHEW! I dumped it all and could not even come close to getting a usable 6 link with the right colors let alone decent affixes.

And here I am. On one hand I love the game and the grind. I really enjoy grinding, accumulating and progressing.

On the other hand, it feels like the progression is TOO STEEP! At my current pace I won't come up with a usable 6 link before Betrayal ends, lol.

It appears my current best option is learn the market. Which I do not want to do. I don't find it enjoyable spamming players for trade and trying to memorize "sellable" items and micromanage trade deals, bleh, more pew pew.

So either quit or just just keep plugging away at my current pace enjoying zapping mobs and hope for the best.

Anyway, sorry for the post! I only put here because this guide is amazing and really helped me out a ton. I still have a lot to learn about damage and stats.

I think I'll take a break and study a bit more some of the links you provided. How silly, "study" to play a game. Again, that is what makes it enjoyable...and frustrating at the same time, lol

GG!
"
KamelJabber wrote:
Let me start by saying my following post probably belongs in general or somewhere, however, I'm putting it here because I credit this guide for keeping in the game.

I'm pretty new to PoE, maybe about a month and was getting ready to throw in the towel when I just couldn't follow a Bow Build guide. I really wanted to play a bow character but apparently I was just too much of a n00b to get it going.

This build was on my radar from a few suggested YT videos and from a streamer I was watching. So, I stuck it out and started your guide.

Just wow, what a shockingly (see what I did there ;)) good guide! I learned a ton and was able to follow it clear through a Map Tier 9 easily. It really kept me interested and playing after my horrible time with attempting a bow character.

The only thing I purchased was the chest for 3 Chaos, the rest I found by looking out for items as you recommended. I don't know much about the game but I think my character is doing very good!?!?
Max resist, ~22k dps and 3.9k HP.

Herein lies when things fall apart. I appear to have hit a very steep wall. I went from 68->83 grinding maps. In that time I only discovered ONE trial of ascendancy :( I only know I can clear a Tier 9 map because I chose it from a challenge from Zana.

After much contemplation, I decided to spend everything I accumulated since the start of Betrayal, which is about 60 or so Chromatic Orbs and 40 or so Orbs of Alteration and 22 Chaos to create a 6 piece buying "Emperor of Purity" cards. I only have 16 Alchemy Orbs which I want to use for maps. I have 1 regal.

WHEW! I dumped it all and could not even come close to getting a usable 6 link with the right colors let alone decent affixes.

And here I am. On one hand I love the game and the grind. I really enjoy grinding, accumulating and progressing.

On the other hand, it feels like the progression is TOO STEEP! At my current pace I won't come up with a usable 6 link before Betrayal ends, lol.

It appears my current best option is learn the market. Which I do not want to do. I don't find it enjoyable spamming players for trade and trying to memorize "sellable" items and micromanage trade deals, bleh, more pew pew.

So either quit or just just keep plugging away at my current pace enjoying zapping mobs and hope for the best.

Anyway, sorry for the post! I only put here because this guide is amazing and really helped me out a ton. I still have a lot to learn about damage and stats.

I think I'll take a break and study a bit more some of the links you provided. How silly, "study" to play a game. Again, that is what makes it enjoyable...and frustrating at the same time, lol

GG!

Just keep playing :) Identify good bases and you'll eventually find something worth selling, or you could just do the un-id chaos recipe for two chaos each time - it's not the best way to make currency by any means, but you'll have enough for a 6-link rare pretty quickly. I managed to get get one with 98 life and resists for 75c, already in the colors I needed. Also make sure you're vendoring every six-socket you see - those jewellers add up quick.

Also, for a six link, unless you have an large amount of currency to spend, it's almost always cheaper to buy one that has the colors you need already, even at the cost of a few affixes being weaker. Using the card recipe and ending up with a strength based armor, which is weighted toward red sockets, is going to make getting 5b1g take hundreds, if not thousands of jewellers orbs.
Last edited by Scarlewt on Dec 18, 2018, 8:24:33 AM
Hello,

I'm a new player that has been using this build since the start of Betrayal league. At first it was fantastic and I had no problems at all to do various kinds of content. However, after jumping into T14+ maps I find myself dying a lot. I keep getting destroyed by Syndicate and often by ordinary mobs when I dash too far with whirling blades. I have no idea what to get now except for Inpulsa, which is not going to improve my survivability and I'll keep dying over and over. Unfortunately, I can't get past lvl 89 because of that.

Could someone give me any suggestions on how to improve my current setup or give me some playstyle advices?

PS. I also found that Decoy Totem is completely useless during Syndicate and Boss fights because it dies faster than the cast takes. Is it normal or am I doing something wrong?
"
Scarlewt wrote:

Just keep playing :) Identify good bases and you'll eventually find something worth selling, or you could just do the un-id chaos recipe for two chaos each time - it's not the best way to make currency by any means, but you'll have enough for a 6-link rare pretty quickly. I managed to get get one with 98 life and resists for 75c, already in the colors I needed. Also make sure you're vendoring every six-socket you see - those jewellers add up quick.

Also, for a six link, unless you have an large amount of currency to spend, it's almost always cheaper to buy one that has the colors you need already, even at the cost of a few affixes being weaker. Using the card recipe and ending up with a strength based armor, which is weighted toward red sockets, is going to make getting 5b1g take hundreds, if not thousands of jewellers orbs.

I also learned how to quote a post :)

very encouraging post, TYVM! I think that's pretty much what I resolved to do, esp with your encouragement :D I'm enjoying the build zapping mobs, I'll just keep up the pew pew learning as I go!

75c...damn, I had 22, wish I wish I would have just kept them, lol. I think I can sell the current 6L I made as a normal, maybe someone needs those links/colors and has the mats to make it great for themselves :)

Seriously though, this guide is amazing! :)
Last edited by KamelJabber on Dec 18, 2018, 8:42:17 AM
@TheShinigami
I'd recommend to replace Andvarius, belt and boots first, and get a Tabula for a cheap damage boost. If you can afford, replace Andvarius with Essence Worm, otherwise just any solid rare with life/mana and maybe some damage and chaos res. Next you need to work on your flask setup, check out the flask section which ones should be used and how to easily craft them, will make a huge difference.

@chillipickle2
First you should work on flasks, check the flask section which ones to use and how to craft them. Your Arcane Surge is also way too high leveled, and Faster Attacks + Fortify need to be linked to Whirling Blades, the gems don't affect Flame Dash. The craft on rings doesn'T work either, since both aren't really good rings i'd just recommend to switch them with something with life + mana + resistances you need.

@warrri
Totems can't be triggered unfortunately. Look out for some daggers with high flat lightning to spells and open suffix for cast speed, would already be decent and not a too huge damage loss.

@HugoVR
Not worth the opportunity cost. Boots are one of the only few slots with no damage or convenience suffixes, so we want to gain as much res from them as possible.

@Seniobob
It's just a generic additive damage multiplier, doesn't matter as much as shock effect.

@m00seywrench
Hey, it's really not necessary but if you feel like it, I do have a donation link on my stream :)

@DampfKatze
Innervate of Efficacy, both would be a huge damage loss tho.

@GamerNerdRage81
I've done everything in SSF including 17 Uber Elders with a much weaker version of the build, and leveled it to Lv100. It's really not as hard to target farm the few impactful uniques as you seem to think.

@kirjami
It's just the way Leap Slam works. Whirling Blades is much more responsive.

@Darkeseseses
Try to work on your flask setup, and look out to replace Skullhead with a Bone Helmet or any decent shaped helmet. You're also missing Cold to Spells to make Hypothermia work as intended.

@Reith542
Clarity is just there because it's our only free socket with the base gem setup, just activate it once. Your character tab isn't public, so can't check why Enfeeble won't go off. Keep in mind it's on a higher CwDt level, so it takes more damage to proc.

@Scarlewt
It will probably get noticeable on bosses, other than that should be fine.

@Turkelll
Chilled only if you have any Cold to Spells and Beacon of Ruin, Shocked only if you have Beacon and 150% shock effect, otherwise use the formula posted in Notes section.

@LordCrisp
Wrath gives a more multiplier, which is multiplicative and even tho the flat damage doesn't affect us, it's still very much worth it. Also enables us to use powerful Wrath Watcher's Eye mods, including the best mod for mana sustain. Herald of Thunder is extremely weak in comparison, damage wise a 20/20 gem + rare jewel gives the same damage as Clear Mind does, but also reserves mana and with that lowers our hitpool.

@GATYGUN
There won't be enough support gems right from the start, but as you unlock them just go for the endgame 6L setup but replace Hypothermia with Faster Casting, Efficacy, Innervate or Lv2+ Empower.

@Seawee
Not worth for us, we don't use Storm Brand as damage source.

@Chillrox
Shield version is the old version. You can surely still use it, but you lose lots of damage and some mobility (when comparing to scaled Whirl Blades) without really gaining enough in return.

@Wafflecopper
I prefer investing into things that help us in all situations. Clearing is already fine and we can already gain Frenzy Charges, and the charges wouldn't be up for most bossfights. While Melding does give 6% life, this comes at the cost of a passive point AND a jewel socket, i'd rather put the point into a 5% life node and get 5-7% or flat life on that jewel. Leaves us with the mana from Dreamer, but for that alone it's not worth it.

@EliTheIceMan
The unique Sulphurs are bad for us, Sorrow of the Divine is even straight up detrimental by removing our life regen. You also lose one flask suffix spot for no gain.

@bankai1009
I've never tested it, but just switching the gem and replacing Echo, which I think wouldn't work/do much for Brands, and getting some of the Brand specific nodes could work.

MF'ing T9s should be doable, not so sure about T15 but just give it a try.

@vollderowner
Could use another, higher level Enfeeble to manually cast on demand, or put something like Molten Shell or even supports for Enfeeble such as Inc AoE or Enhance. You're free to experiment with it.

@iltamon
Work on your flasks and replace the Stibnite with Atziri's Promise, and if you can look for a Stygian Vise. Going for Hypothermia would require you to get Cold to Spells somewhere, easiest way is an Abyss jewel.

@Sangy
Clear your browser cache and try again, it appears to be a common problem for some and has nothing to do with the guide itself.

@naniq
Yeah use Lv21 Arc, it will be a huge damage boost by giving ~10% more base damage and another chain, which is another 15% more multi for single target.

@DamianTaps
SSF guide is outdated, I just hadn't changed that part after Incursion League. Vaal Arc can be used to blow huge packs with allies can't# die within them, or for the lucky buff on bosses.

@nomorats
The flask nodes increase healing from your Life Flask, all damage and defensive gains (chaos res, phys reduction, ele reduction from Wise Oak) and increases their duration. They're overall pretty great for a 3 point investment.

@maoamwins
I'd recommend to still use the regular faster Attacks support, the gear-affix one doesn't have quality which is quite some extra attack speed you'd lose.

@FruityDude
Get another sceptre, whatever you can afford. Can be Catalyst, Cerberus or a rare.

@Influx
Blade Flurry builds should give good single target for relatively low investment, but aren't usually that great at clearing.

@jlh165
Had no time to do it yet. The guide is at post limit, so i'll have to rewrite or delete something first to add more stuff.

@Mattyd_UK
Rip, hope you'll have more luck from now on!

@Zinterax
That mod is indeed pretty strong, will add it to the guide when I find a way to get around the post limit.

@Soulhassorrow
That should be more than enough to proc EO with Storm Brand.

@supersani
It would be substantially weaker, increased damage is additive with each other, while more damage is multiplicative. Wrath also opens up Watcher's Eye mods.

@Ladar06
You're supposed to choose between one of the two minor nodes, whichever is more relevant for the specific content (f.e. use Shakari for Chayula or Mastermind).

@alecs87
The explosive Arc build on youtube is literally an old version of my build that was stolen by that channel, just like the majority, if not all of their builds. It's substantially weaker than this current setup, roughly 30-40% less damage with only slightly higher survivability from +3 maxres.

I'd recommend to work on Flasks first, get an Eternal life instead (more heal/s) and quality + craft them according to the crafting advice in flask section. Rumi's wouldn't do that much, infact you'd either lose lots of damage or an important flask suffix, i'd rather recommend crafting Sai daggers to gain more block. Also try to upgrade your Pantheon. This should turn into a noticeable survivability boost for fairly low investment.

@LundaSwe
Keep the Inpulsa, if you don't feel lucky right now you can just throw a Jewellers Touch on it and have a 5L that will last you for a while until you've gathered more fusings.

@BeastCC
Save up a little more and go straight for an Inpulsa's. The other gear looks pretty solid for now, no need to really upgrade there.

@mentle88
Your character tab is currently not public, please change it in your privacy settings.

@rvaHammer
Your sceptres aren't particularly great, probably better to just switch over to Daggers for that extra mobility. You could start with a Heartbreaker + Divinarius combo, unless you can afford anything better right away. You could also get a more DPS-oriented amulet, unless you really need the res on yours.

For the pastebin link, simply copy the url after opening it.

@Tamino1701
Looks pretty good overall, best you could do is getting a Clear Mind and then probably best to save up for a leech Watcher's Eye and Inpulsa's.

@aslgonzales
We unfortunately just don't have many tools to mitigate phys damage, only things are Basalt, Fortify and Pantheon. I've noticed some of your flasks are missing quality and have bad affixes, recraft them using the crafting advice in flask section and spec out the two crit nodes in witch, then put them towards Alchemist. Some of the Syndicates deal high chaos damage too, you can respec 3-5 5% life nodes and put them into Purity of Flesh. Fortunately the Syndicate is getting nerfed soon tho.

@zantsurai
Check the video description, it mentions all changes you should do for Uber Elder. Either Wise Oak or Atziri's Promise can be replaced with Rumi's for the fight, I chose Wise Oak as my Uber Elder setup didn't# have Lightning as highest res IIRC.

For Chimera I just pup Basalt and once I get low, my Life Flask and hope to find him quick. As for Clarity, you're free to experiment, there's no "official" gem to use as replacement.

@Badtwo
Get the +1 Tabula, then work on flasks and replace the rare dagger and both rings + amulet.

@Mathue24
Kinda depends on the rare, but generally a 5L Queens is pretty nice for everything up to T15s.

@dawikur
It's mostly just the very balanced Syndicate, which gets nerfed soon. The build only lost +3 maxres on survivability side with this new setup, which in itself doesn't make that much of a difference.

The Granite you're using is also not great due to how armour works, a Basalt would straight up give you more mitigation against the bigger physical hits.

@McT84
Only the bolts from Herald of Thunder apply the curse, the small amount of damage it adds to Arc doesn't inherit the curse on hit.

@Senfgurke
Start with working on your flasks, use the crafting advice in flask section as an aid. If you wanna stay with sceptres, replace Pain Gnarl with a Cerberus Limb or Doryani's Catalyst, otherwise look for two decent daggers. Replace one ring with Essence Worm and run Wrath, buy a Queen's Hunger or maybe save up a little more and go for Inpulsa's straight and then look for a ring to make up any resistances you need after all this.

@Samboca
Spiritual Aid applies "Minions deal #% increased Damage" to us.

@sunderclock
Replace your Quicksilver with Atziri's Promise, the qs shouldn't do anything with Whirling Blades. You could gain some more damage from your amulet and divining Clear Mind, also from Helmet which would require some recrafting and prolly result in a life loss, so that one is your call. Other than that you only really got Inpulsa's to go now.

@Manaio
Arc chains is best, Lightning Golem isn't much worse and gives mobility too, but you lose everything if your golems are down and you can't recast in that situation. Bone Helmet is the cheapest but weakest option.

@yorkisonfire
Can't really see anything to upgrade unless you want to really minmax. Maybe a shaped bone helmet, or shaped helmet with one of the other two enchants. And yeah, use that chaos res stygian, it's pretty gg.

@Maxer84
Try to keep up Storm Brand linked with Mana Leech mroe often, or get a Mind of the Council until you can afford a Watcher's Eye with mana leech.

@Mathue24
I've used my 5L Queen's Hunger until corrupted T15s, felt pretty fine tbh. Rare would need to have some great life roll and spot for the life% + mana% craft to be worth it.

@Vacys
Yes, but know your limits. You most likely won't be able to do corrupted T16 Guardian maps in full MF gear, higher yellows/lower reds should be no problem.

@Brymmstone & @KamelJabber
Thank you both, and best of luck to both of you!

@JCVad3r
Replace the Stibnite with an Atziri's Promise and upgrade Pantheon if you haven't yet. I'd also recommend a 5L Queen's Hunger over Tabula for that high content. Syndicate is getting nerfed soon, so let's see how it works out.

Damn, these replies are turning into a fulltime job these days. Just a matter of time until I hit the comment post limit aswell.
twitch.tv/enkivt
I'm very new to this and I have no idea what is considered "high and low" dmg on the spell arc, specially with lightning resist and hypotherima, what is considered high and low end dmg when I hover over Arc with 2 golems but no flasks or Power Surge that is. Cheers man,m absolut love the guide.
Last edited by Raschas on Dec 18, 2018, 10:42:30 AM
Hey there, first of all i want to thanks for the awesome guide i followed it step by step since i`ve started the game last month (Delve), so i`m pretty much a newb player. Tbh i don`t have any issues atm with the build (i use Quicksilver - just like to be more mobile :P ). I even managed to kill two of the Elder guardians (sadly on low tier so i didnt get the thingy). I have only 1 question - What is the best way to obtain the other stats - I mean Str and Dex, since i`m using some Dex on my Amu and a jewel in my belt, and also some Str on 1 of mine rings - Is this the right way or i do need those stats to be on a specific places ?
I would love some gear tips and gear advises as well :)
Thanks in advance and keep up the good work man :)
P.S Happy holidays :)
Last edited by Vaskes_1948 on Dec 18, 2018, 12:08:23 PM
Would Thunderfist fit in this build ?
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Thunderfist

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info