Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Etralis wrote:
"
vipeout2 wrote:
Hey, I'm a bit confused on Inpulsa after 3.5 - wiki shows it's been modified to give only 5% damage on explosion, yet here it's still listed as 10%. I don't have it yet, so which one is true? How does that affect the build?

It's true, from 3.5 on Impulsa gives a fix 5% damage explosion.
That being said the up-to-10%-version can only be played in standard (and will prolly get really expensive there since its a legacy item now) and not in the new league anymore.

Inpulsa's price crashed today in standard. It was trading at over 1 ex and now down to around 50 c. Might be a good time to pick one up now if you want.
"
wickster92 wrote:
hmmmmmmmmm -- not sure if we should be concerned that there is only one Impulsa on trade -- does it not drop until high maps or do we think they made it top tier rare?

I know a lot of people were worried about it going T1, looks like that might be the case
lol we cant use wand in main hand and dager on ather hand wtf XD so we use only flame dash only now?
Just started at lev 14..when is an optimal time to pick up MoM? Not sure if it's a good idea to pick up now or wait till a lot later? Leveling trees show it being picked up during act 2...thanks!
@Gr1ffX
Whirling Blades with dual daggers and good amount of attack speed will be much faster than Shield Charge at the speed the listed builds could achieve, plus Selfcast is generally faster for clearing. Single target used to be the one big con, but i've worked on improving it for a while now and the new setup isn't far off in that regard anymore.

Inpulsa's is another big pro for Selfcast, it removes the threat Detonate Dead and some on-death effects can pose and makes a noticeable difference while delving, if you care about that. It's also just very satisfying.

The rest comes down to what playstyle who personally prefer more.

@zhaobinis1
Elementalist Blade Vortex or Blade Flurry use the chest aswell, not too sure about any other builds.

@godaphex
They're one of the greatest possible damage boosts per point in this area of the tree, and they allow us to use Bone Helmets instead of having to get an enchant and making use of increased Minion Damage% from other sources.

@Witch_Hunter21 & @PathOfExileLatvija
I'm playing it in Betrayal and it works very well so far.

@centerforants
Wands have no proper movement attack skill to proc Fortify with, which is a core part of our defensive concept.

@Zoltrix
You'll lose roughly 20% damage compared to a dualwield setup with average gear.

@centerforants
No, it's just the only one I had around.

@pazuzu66
Basically just going from a 1h + Shield setup to a Dual Wield setup for more damage potential, and going for Spiritual Aid with all the mentioned upsides this brings, such as making use of Bone Helmets.

@Heding
Either dual sceptre with Leap Slam or dual dagger with Whirling Blades.

@Badtwo
Taking it early will give you a huge mana increase by the nodes behind MoM, which is great for sustaining casting costs. Damage shouldn't become an issue yet at that point, and it can easily be sustained with a mana flask.

---------------------------------

I've played around with Storm Brand and decided it's a great replacement for Orb of Storms, will test a few gem setups and then implement it in the guide. The new Crafting Bench is also incredibly and makes it much easier to get some good daggers for this build. New Leap Slam also looks like an improvement, which is good for people who choose Sceptres. Not sure yet when i'll have the time to upgrade the guide with all this information, but it will likely happen within the next few days.
twitch.tv/enkivt
cant find the updated leveling tree
Hello new player here, just want to say thank you so much for this forum post it has helped me very much!!! I just have a simple question sorry for being a noob. I follow your act by act thing on what to do and gems to buy and I got confused.

‣ Get Leap Slam if using Sceptres or Whirling Blades if using Daggers
‣ Get Faster Attacks and Fortify and link them to the above movement skill
‣ Look out for or craft a second weapon to use after taking Dark Arts

Previously it said to get a decent wand, does this mean I now change weapons and if so what stats do I get?

Also, what is dark arts does this mean I go dual wield or 2h weapon swap?

Again thank you so much and for all the help.
i like herald of ice shatter effect, can i use it in this build with good effect or would I need something like call of the brotherhood?

does it have enough crit for nice shatters with HoI?

also what are your thoughts on tombfist or choir of the storm
Last edited by zupafundo on Dec 8, 2018, 1:19:40 PM
"
EkauQ wrote:
Hello new player here, just want to say thank you so much for this forum post it has helped me very much!!! I just have a simple question sorry for being a noob. I follow your act by act thing on what to do and gems to buy and I got confused.

‣ Get Leap Slam if using Sceptres or Whirling Blades if using Daggers
‣ Get Faster Attacks and Fortify and link them to the above movement skill
‣ Look out for or craft a second weapon to use after taking Dark Arts

Previously it said to get a decent wand, does this mean I now change weapons and if so what stats do I get?

Also, what is dark arts does this mean I go dual wield or 2h weapon swap?

Again thank you so much and for all the help.

Yes that means you discard the wand and swap to sceptres/daggers and use the movement skill that fits. Sceptres are likely to have better stats to match the skill, but whirling blades seems a better move skill to me I am enjoying it more.

Look under 'Gear' to see what sort of stats to look for on daggers or sceptres. You won't find ALL the stuff on early gear, so just look for a few matching stats.

Dark Arts is a larger node on the skill tree that gives bonuses to dual wield. SO you want the 2 same weapons by the time you select that.
Great update Enki!!! So much work, so grateful!

I have just reached dual wield nodes and its really great to play so far. Smooth levelling! I much prefer the whirling blades personally, even though sceptres have better early stats. I actually think its much faster than shield charge was last season, more responsive.

The crafting bench allows us to get some great stats on gear this time too. Loving it!

Thanks for all your hard work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info