Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
subcutan wrote:
can anyone confirm this or could this possibly be a cheap way to boost dps?
As sny83 said, it won’t work. Wording in PoE is extremely specific, even if half the time the mechanics are vaguely worded...very annoying. More/less, # to #, attack/cast speed, etc are all independent of each other. You can pick up Spiritual Command to allow increases/decreases to minion attack speed to affect you, but I know of no other way for minion stats to affect us.

Also, I recommend not grabbing Spiritual Command unless you have a bizzaire set of gear offering a considerable amount of increased minion attack speed.

"
BigJules wrote:
That seems like a reasonable start. However, when I try to use the traps, i often end up doing less damage than if i just spammed arc. the reason is trap placement and trap delay. I can throw 3 traps, after that there's an 8 second recharge to get another one. Unless a mob steps on the trap, there's a delay before the trap goes off. So often i place traps, the mob wanders off and the trap goes off on nothing. then I spend time flitting around until the trap recharges and again throw a trap off into futility. Even when I do manage to hit something with trap damage, it does not seem to be doing significantly more than arc. It seems my time would have been better spent just hitting the arc button. Granted, i love putting the traps under a strongbox, activating it and dashing away, but clearly I'm not using it correctly on bosses and other large encounters.
You got it. Its primarily learning trap mechanics through experience, knowing when/where to cast and knowing when/where the boss is likely to move. As you said, there is a CD, so no rush on dropping all 3 traps at once unless you have the time to do so.
Last edited by Aldonés on Feb 19, 2019, 2:06:44 PM

Is this any good / of value?

Couldn't find ANY like this on trade at all...
"
napraen wrote:
"

One question...why would this not apply to those of us using lightning spire? Assuming we are still using storm brand, too, of course.

Didn't occur to me that you would do that, my thought process was you have one or the other(what do you drop to have both LST and SB?).
It's probably how i got the idea in the first place when i switched to SB as main skill and LST for single target, since i didn't need to apply shock with the trap EF was the clear winner in terms of dps vs most other gems i considered, though still less than conc effect and the specific trap/mine dmg ones mind you.

I dropped the second CWDT setup that had enfeeble. I thought this was the standard, though I guess I'm not really sure what everyone else does. My profile is public, though, so you can see how I have it arranged. Now that I'm used to playing with them, I can't imagine giving up arc, storm brand, or lightning spire trap. They all have different functions that they fulfill very efficiently. I just hope none of them are nerfed in the next league...
"
"
napraen wrote:

Didn't occur to me that you would do that, my thought process was you have one or the other(what do you drop to have both LST and SB?).
It's probably how i got the idea in the first place when i switched to SB as main skill and LST for single target, since i didn't need to apply shock with the trap EF was the clear winner in terms of dps vs most other gems i considered, though still less than conc effect and the specific trap/mine dmg ones mind you.

I dropped the second CWDT setup that had enfeeble. I thought this was the standard, though I guess I'm not really sure what everyone else does. My profile is public, though, so you can see how I have it arranged. Now that I'm used to playing with them, I can't imagine giving up arc, storm brand, or lightning spire trap. They all have different functions that they fulfill very efficiently. I just hope none of them are nerfed in the next league...

It is the normal way to add LST as far as I know, same that I use. Having both arc and trap with controlled Destruction, and Storm Brand to proc overload and surge, culling etc. seems very effective.

Elemental focus on Arc, seems like a fine boss swap gem, with both traps and storm brand to shock.

For nonbosses, an Echoed arc just oneshots pretty much everything anyway, and keeping the instant shock for Inpulsa seems to good to give up.
Still in the mud
Last edited by Infernosaint on Feb 20, 2019, 4:13:37 AM
I also dropped enfeeble. I have LST, SB and Arc. Works pretty well.
"
Etralis wrote:

Is this any good / of value?

Couldn't find ANY like this on trade at all...

Anyone of the PoB-pros who could quickly do the maths on this?
Does using this make any sense?
I guess the wrath increase is way too weak to make up for losing all the stats of a regular belt to make up for?
Last edited by Etralis on Feb 20, 2019, 5:44:45 AM
a little offtopic, but since i feel at home in this topic i would like to ask you guys:
Spoiler

since i need some more ex for my daggers i need to know if this item could possibly my way to them.
how much do you think can i get for this item (keep in mind i play standard). i really need to know:

thx, i really appreciate any comment
Synthesis looks like a good league for this build, huge selfcast rework incoming. There seems to be an arc selfcast example in the trailer video and I swear it's chaining faster than it used to?
"
ScaryAtheist wrote:
Synthesis looks like a good league for this build, huge selfcast rework incoming. There seems to be an arc selfcast example in the trailer video and I swear it's chaining faster than it used to?

Since GGG rebalanced all spells, we have to look at the numbers first.
But even with 20% damage nerf arc should be fine

unleash support could be huge for boss fights since we'll have a lot more time to dodge

p.s. I'm trying stormbrand leveing in SSF now, leveing speed is just absurd even compare to arc
Last edited by blg_RealiZe on Feb 20, 2019, 7:03:30 AM

in case any of the players in standard is interested:
Got this baby for sale :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info