Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Clarau wrote:
"
Spiritual Aid makes "Minions deal #% increased damage" apply to us!

A question plz : Why you not play "Minion Damage Support" with yours golems?

Minion Damage Support Lvl 21/20% gives 65% increased damage!

Will not apply to arc dmg, only the dmg the minions deal.
"
napraen wrote:
Assuming you're not running Lightning Spire Trap for single target on bosses, but just Storm Brand for utility purposes.

In that scenario doesn't Elemental Focus beat out any non Spell Echo support by a decent margin in terms of boss dps. Since the way Elementalist's apply shock and chill is with any lightning/cold damage if you're applying storm brand to the enemy you will get the same shock/chill effect as with Arc(unless you're hitting Shaper for a million damage per Arc or something) so if Arc doesn't need to apply ailments Elemental Focus should heavily outperform penetration/added lightning/controlled destruction/hypothermia?

Obviously pointless to do for clearing since you will lose chill for hypothermia and shock in general(especially important for Inpulsa's) which will be both loss of damage and explosions with Inpulsa's.

I picked a few random Arc witches from poe.ninja and imported their builds into PoB and switching L penetration->Ele focus seemed to indicate a 500-600k dps increase. I picked builds that already had 2 mil dps, but going to 2.5 should be a pretty substantial deal with the caveat that you will need to always have brand applied.
Any thoughts on that? Someone tested the "feel" of it as that calculation goes out the window if you're not applying your shock and chill?

I’ve looked into this, and even considering 30% shock effectiveness loss, EF will do more damage. However, you rely completely on SB to proc shock/chill, so you have to weigh utility vs dps potential. Keep in mind there will be an extremely heavy dps penalty if shock/chill is not active on any given target.

Going from 120% to 150% shock effectiveness will cause enemies to take 44% to 50% increased damage giving ~4.17% more damage with the higher shock. You get ~11.7% more damage replacing LP with EF or ~17.6% more damage replacing ALD. Statistics using my current gear and shaper dps; percentages will roughly go down with lesser gear and up with better gear. I more or less stopped playing for the league, so this never got tested in the field, just theorycrafting.

I can easily see this as a boss gem swap, however.
Last edited by Aldonés on Feb 18, 2019, 2:56:12 PM
---
Last edited by iunewind on Feb 18, 2019, 4:55:31 PM
"
Soulhassorrow wrote:
"
Clarau wrote:
"

How is the damage increase granted through the minion support gem any different from the increased damage via gear and the tree. Why would this damage not be applied to arc via spiritual aid.
"
Clarau wrote:
"

Will not apply to arc dmg, only the dmg the minions deal.[/quote]

How is the damage increase granted through the minion support gem any different from the increased damage via gear and the tree. Why would this damage not be applied to arc via spiritual aid.[/quote]

Try it out and see good sir lol. I wasn't guessing. I wish it worked, but unfortunately it does NOT.
Very interesting discussion, here! This thought had occurred to me, too, but I forgot to look into it. I am definitely going to check out replacing added lightning damage with elemental focus when I get home today.

I agree that the swap would not be optimal for mapping because we use arc to quickly inflict the status ailments that enable this build's insane clear-speed...but when you need single-target damage and will already be using storm brand regularly to proc arcane surge (this is standard, right?), why not let it also handle those other triggers while you get a huge damage boost? I think increased duration support on storm brand would also be really critical to keeping momentum (I have onslaught in a white socket so it'd be an easy switch for boss fights).

One question...why would this not apply to those of us using lightning spire? Assuming we are still using storm brand, too, of course.
"
Soulhassorrow wrote:
"
Clarau wrote:
"

How is the damage increase granted through the minion support gem any different from the increased damage via gear and the tree. Why would this damage not be applied to arc via spiritual aid.[/quote]

Try it out and see good sir lol. I wasn't guessing. I wish it worked, but unfortunately it does NOT.[/quote]

Fair enough, I wasn't sure if it was opinion or tested fact. Appreciate the response, thanks

This is a well thought out and valuable guide, thank you.

I have one suggestion: The recent changes to Flame Dash brings it into line with leap slam. This means that it has become a viable movement skill, and is now one of my favorites.

Using it would let me use paired wands, which open up some new uniques and some new build possibilities.

This question might have been brought up and answered earlier; if so I apologize; there are over a thousand pages on this guide and I didn't read them all. :)

Distemper.
"
ratmanaus wrote:
How is the damage increase granted through the minion support gem any different from the increased damage via gear and the tree. Why would this damage not be applied to arc via spiritual aid.
You should receive the damage increase if it is linked to Arc (you can test it, but I doubt it is better dps than ALD), otherwise it follows the same rule of every support gem in that it only supports linked active skill gems.. I just read the description. It is “more” minion damage, and Spiritual Aid only makes “Increased” and “decreased” minion damage applicable. Wording is usually extremely specific in this game.

"
One question...why would this not apply to those of us using lightning spire? Assuming we are still using storm brand, too, of course.
Typically you are using EF with LS, so it won’t proc ailments either.

"
JBN001 wrote:
I have one suggestion: The recent changes to Flame Dash brings it into line with leap slam. This means that it has become a viable movement skill, and is now one of my favorites.

Using it would let me use paired wands, which open up some new uniques and some new build possibilities.
Feel free to see if you like it. FD still has charges, so it can’t be chained effectively and is subject to run out of charges mid fight. However, it could be well worth it if you find a good unique pairing.
Last edited by Aldonés on Feb 19, 2019, 12:34:17 AM
"
ratmanaus wrote:

The gem specifically says "Supports minion gems" and "Supported Skills deal..." Arc is not a minion skill and will not be supported by the gem, no matter if it's Increased dmg, or More dmg. It will not be active at all.

And if you mean to link it to golems, the same applies. It only supports that specific skill. It's not a minion dmg mulitplier. It's a specific skill multiplier.
Still in the mud
Last edited by Infernosaint on Feb 19, 2019, 3:46:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info