More Forsaken Masters Information

"
jaredh wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:

Why do you think you deserve a 6-L?

No, seriously. What time do you think it's fair to get one? Do you use the vendors?

EVERYONE deserves to have a 6L eventually (and by eventually, I mean EVERYONE deserves to have one before the last 2 weeks of a challenge league, which is currently the life-cycle of a PoE toon. If the life-cycle was 6 months, then I can understand maybe 700 fusings...but this is a 3mo league, where 350 is still OTT for 95% of people).

EVERYONE deserves to play the game at the ultimate level. No game should ever be like real life, where the rich hoard all the goodies for themselves. Especially one that wants to make money since the rich gamers won't necessarily keep a game afloat. (and by rich, we are talking about in-game wealth, not RL wealth)

EVERYONE deserves in a game to not feel like they are being locked out of playing it the way they want to.

Eventually GGG is going to come around on this, just like every other MMO/aRPG has. Elitist players who think since they play all the time means they are the only ones who should get to experience the ultimate game is a mindset that needs to be shown the door on every game ever created. There is no justification for you to have any better experience than me, or the new guy who just started who wants to go win the game.

Very very few people can play the game more than 2-3 hours/day and those that do will eventually find real life (or real life find them) and then they will be in the 2-3 hour group (for the rest of their lives BTW).

Im one of the people who play the game casually and doesnt have much currency at all, and I dont like the guaranteed change, nor do I agree that everyone should be able to play 'at the ultimate level'

things like 6L, top of the line uniques, highest level maps, etc. were a perfect carrot on the stick. now its trivialized to basically vendor recipe and the cart. boxes are hilarious in that they basically any maps besides 75+ absolutely obsolete.

there's no 'win the game' in poe. you win the game when you beat dominus in merciless, and you can easily do it with subpar self-found gear. everything else is an extension.

part of the problem I see is gamers have ADD nowadays. they want to have it all and they want it now. in real life you dont go straight out of your mothers womb to work office
but you want to have that in a game, where top content and top things are available to you after a week of playing casually

poe was meant to be a grinding game. sadly, this looks to be changing. its a shame
I like the changes, all of them. Belive me guys, it's really unique :D.

"
grepman wrote:
"
jaredh wrote:
poe was meant to be a grinding game. sadly, this looks to be changing. its a shame

you really dont seem to understand how much time you need to gather 1500 fusings
There are people here complaining about all of the stash tabs they'll need to house 1500 fusings. 1500 fusings is less than one stash tab; these kids be crazy.

trololololo
IGN: JohnVonNeumann
"
mhyoung wrote:

you really dont seem to understand how much time you need to gather 1500 fusings

no I understand how much time one needs

I was referring to

"EVERYONE deserves to have a 6L eventually (and by eventually, I mean EVERYONE deserves to have one before the last 2 weeks of a challenge league"

and the overall concept of having access to everything while casually playing the game. in a game without skill the only thing that is valuable to progression is time input into playing. but lack of skill is used as a justification by people who want everything and they want it now.

'this game has no skill like dota 2/quake 3/chess in which I cant be a pro after playing casually therefore I should be given all content'
phooey !
Last edited by grepman on Aug 1, 2014, 2:47:55 PM
"
grepman wrote:
"
jaredh wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:

Why do you think you deserve a 6-L?

No, seriously. What time do you think it's fair to get one? Do you use the vendors?

EVERYONE deserves to have a 6L eventually (and by eventually, I mean EVERYONE deserves to have one before the last 2 weeks of a challenge league, which is currently the life-cycle of a PoE toon. If the life-cycle was 6 months, then I can understand maybe 700 fusings...but this is a 3mo league, where 350 is still OTT for 95% of people).

EVERYONE deserves to play the game at the ultimate level. No game should ever be like real life, where the rich hoard all the goodies for themselves. Especially one that wants to make money since the rich gamers won't necessarily keep a game afloat. (and by rich, we are talking about in-game wealth, not RL wealth)

EVERYONE deserves in a game to not feel like they are being locked out of playing it the way they want to.

Eventually GGG is going to come around on this, just like every other MMO/aRPG has. Elitist players who think since they play all the time means they are the only ones who should get to experience the ultimate game is a mindset that needs to be shown the door on every game ever created. There is no justification for you to have any better experience than me, or the new guy who just started who wants to go win the game.

Very very few people can play the game more than 2-3 hours/day and those that do will eventually find real life (or real life find them) and then they will be in the 2-3 hour group (for the rest of their lives BTW).

Im one of the people who play the game casually and doesnt have much currency at all, and I dont like the guaranteed change, nor do I agree that everyone should be able to play 'at the ultimate level'

things like 6L, top of the line uniques, highest level maps, etc. were a perfect carrot on the stick. now its trivialized to basically vendor recipe and the cart. boxes are hilarious in that they basically any maps besides 75+ absolutely obsolete.

there's no 'win the game' in poe. you win the game when you beat dominus in merciless, and you can easily do it with subpar self-found gear. everything else is an extension.

part of the problem I see is gamers have ADD nowadays. they want to have it all and they want it now. in real life you dont go straight out of your mothers womb to work office
but you want to have that in a game, where top content and top things are available to you after a week of playing casually

Its just a game and its supposed to be fun and its not fun seeing others try 6 gem combos while i sit on my 3 and 4 gem combos.
"
jaredh wrote:

Eventually GGG is going to come around on this, just like every other MMO/ARPG has. The elitist attitude that since a person plays all the time it means they are the only ones who should get to experience the ultimate game is a mindset that needs to be shown the door on every game ever created. There is no justification for someone who plays 16 hours/day to have any better experience than me in the end, or the new guy who just started who wants to go win the game.

Entitlement at it's best.

It's because of people like you, who want everything handed to them on a silver platter, that games are turning causal.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

"
GooberM wrote:
"
jaredh wrote:

Eventually GGG is going to come around on this, just like every other MMO/ARPG has. The elitist attitude that since a person plays all the time it means they are the only ones who should get to experience the ultimate game is a mindset that needs to be shown the door on every game ever created. There is no justification for someone who plays 16 hours/day to have any better experience than me in the end, or the new guy who just started who wants to go win the game.

Entitlement at it's best.

It's because of people like you, who want everything handed to them on a silver platter, that games are turning causal.

It's a game man...they are supposed to be casual! Gaming is casual by definition.
I just wanted to say "Thank you GGG." I love the idea of this update and for some one like me who is casual and then when I get a full day to play, I can do what all the all day grinders can do in just one day. Sure maybe for someone who plays 12 hours a day will be annoyed with letting the casual gamer be allowed to get some great gear without having to play in a 24 hour sitting. I have some good luck finding gear and even six socket/link with two of my toons. Now I can trade for what I need and have a guaranteed way of socketing/linking gear. Awesome! I can dabble in more toons now know I can get them some where and be able to enjoy some end game content. I am so excited for this update! Thanks again GGG!

P.S. More epic armor skins/shield skins/shield effects!

You friendly neighborhood Templar,

DarthGriswald
"

Its just a game and its supposed to be fun and its not fun seeing others try 6 gem combos while i sit on my 3 and 4 gem combos.

and herein lies the problem. in a game without inherent skill, people who put in 100x hours more should have some kind of advantage, no ?

people want to be on the same playing field as powergamers without putting it work, and using justification of 'this game requires no skill therefore why cant I have a top item'

my highest level toon I ground through for nearly half year from 80 to 90, which is a snails pace even before cartographer boxes. it was an absolutely elating experience, however, as I actually ran all low level pre-size change maps (now anything below 71-72 is basically a chisel recipe fodder) solo with zero mf or 6L

it was fun for me to grind through though. and the proverbial 6L was part of the reason, along with other things, that kept me on playing the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info