Snapshotting

"
What i want to know is, do summoner users expect to summon 1 thing and let it last forever and be tanky as hell? because that is not the point of a summoner, you summon stuff, it dies, you summon more stuff, the cycle is endless.

Speaking as someone who only really plays as summoner builds (I do try other builds, but they just don't hold my interest like a summoner does. The poison trapper build does look alluring... but not until I find a +2/+1 bow), I do not expect my minions to last forever, but having my entire army die in an instant and being left defenseless (and offense-less) so I, too, can die a moment later does not seem right. Summoning minions does not equal instant damage like casting a spell or attacking does.
Last edited by GoatEatingToilet on Jun 26, 2014, 4:36:59 PM
"
geradon wrote:
@ mark_ggg
it's not directly related to snapshotting but is there any chance that arctic armor doesn't have to be recast after every area transition after the patch?

if no, what makes it different from auras?
Auras are permanent. Arctic Armour is inherently not permanent.
"
"
JNF wrote:
"

I get what you are saying here, but wouldn't it make more sense to rally behind something like improving current minion gems instead of showing disdain over a mechanic change? I would much rather have the minion damage gem boosted and changed so that it is more damage instead of increased damage. That change alone could make the gem far more versatile and decrease the hurt from lack of mine/trap damage increases.

I'd say this is more of a need than a want at this point. People keep talking about how 'op' summoners are with and without snapshotting, but those same people likely haven't logged any time at all on an end game summoner without snapshotting or a 6L. A summoner should be able to perform adequately in end game maps by summoning a non-snapshotted, 5L minion, and that's just not possible at this point in time. Making the minion damage gem multiplicative, rather than additive, would at least bring us one step closer to such.

What i want to know is, do summoner users expect to summon 1 thing and let it last forever and be tanky as hell? because that is not the point of a summoner, you summon stuff, it dies, you summon more stuff, the cycle is endless.

What I want to know is, do you actually read my comments before you reply to them, or do you just say anything that's on your mind? I said nothing about a minion's survivability in my post, but you quoted me for some strange reason. To answer your post though, I don't personally expect for my minions to be 'invincible', but I don't expect them to all be killed within seconds to standard map white mobs.

"

Speaking as someone who only really plays as summoner builds (I do try other builds, but they just don't hold my interest like a summoner does. The poison trapper build does look alluring... but not until I find a +2/+1 bow), I do not expect my minions to last forever, but having my entire army die in an instant and being left defenseless (and offense-less) so I, too, can die a moment later does not seem right. Summoning minions does not equal instant damage like casting a spell or attacking does.

Couldn't have said it better myself. When your minions cost upwards of 300 mana, constantly resummoning them is beyond reasonable, whereas an occasional resummon is.

But again, in regards to the topic, my response was in regards to minion damage being changed to being multiplicative to compensate for the loss of remote mine, as that is a real deal breaker for a summoner's minion's damage.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Last edited by JNF on Jun 27, 2014, 1:55:15 AM
I only hope the snapshotting nerf , auras nerfs and everything you have planned dont ruin most of the viable builds and dont make some players quit the game , just because the way they use to play for long time . Fixing/removing Snapshoting must be balanced with other buffs in some skills and auras , those skills that are most effective by snapshotting.

For example after multiple summoner nerfs over the time players found the way to keep summoners viable using snapshotting and with removing it ( without boosting any of the summoner skills) I doubt summoners gonna be viable and many players will play them.

Bottom line in my opinion is that fixing snapshotting is nice and I'm happy to hear you guys finally found a way to do it , but it must be countered with some skill buffs/aura buffs alse alot of builds gonna just stop being viable or they will be far too weak and boring to play.

Last edited by Hardliner78 on Jun 27, 2014, 5:27:01 AM
I have a question about low life.

If i understand correctly, what snapshot fix will make, after the fix, you will not be able to put on piece of gear with blood magic mod, support 3-5 auras with your life, then take it off, support the rest with mana and yolo.

You will be able to support auras with BM gem only. And it has almost 200% multiplier at lvl 20.

With all avalible passives and 20lvl reduced mana gem you will be able to support 3 60% auras with life.

That will make low life builds weaker. In my eyes its a good sign, but it will launch a nuklear rocket in your beloved "economy", are you ok with that?
Last edited by maxkardinal on Jun 28, 2014, 5:34:23 AM
I've played a low-life RF templar that is ES based for a while now. I think it's pretty fun, so I hope RF gets some changes to cope with the inability to buff damage with redbeaks. Unlike other RF builds, I go low life, cast RF, but stay on low life. It would be nice to get to keep the redbeak bonuses in that case, but since they would be in the off weapon slots, I suppose this won't be the case.

One concern I have is that RF will stop being useful for direct damage dealing and will instead only be used as an attack buff in combination with Crown of Eyes. Alternatively, in order to do reasonable damage, you will be required to have the Doryani's Catalyst scepter with its 100% elemental damage increase. One thing that might help increase the options for RF use after snapshotting is removed is allowing additional support gems to work with RF. For example, why can't fire penetration work? I know that RF is supposed to be a degen effect and not "hit" the enemies, but currently, RF only really benefits from 3 support gems, Increased AoE, Concentrated AoE, and Increased Burning Damage. You can add in Added Fire Damage for the quality bonus, I think, but at maximum you need a 5L to maximize RF damage output. Adding in additional support abilities would buff RF's damage potential, and allowing Fire Penetration to affect RF might go a long way to replacing the damage loss from Redbeak use since now you would effectively deal up to 35% more damage to enemies (as I understand resistance mechanics).
it warnt that long ago when mana reserve was low on skills. u keep destroying anything that makes your game fun.

as far as i see your game is already broken , by ledgenary items ....if u where playing before they changed u get to keep the good items.

its pretty bad when old items are worth more then new ones. instead of trying to take the fun out of your game. like d3 did.

why dont u work on the ground affects and fix them , they cause most of the dysnc and lag in the game , or which shouldnt be to hard!!! , let us adjust the graphics for them in our in game control panel.
cause we all dont have super fast internet
"
dogsdot wrote:
it warnt that long ago when mana reserve was low on skills. u keep destroying anything that makes your game fun.

as far as i see your game is already broken , by ledgenary items ....if u where playing before they changed u get to keep the good items.

its pretty bad when old items are worth more then new ones. instead of trying to take the fun out of your game. like d3 did.

why dont u work on the ground affects and fix them , they cause most of the dysnc and lag in the game , or which shouldnt be to hard!!! , let us adjust the graphics for them in our in game control panel.
cause we all dont have super fast internet

First of all legendary items are in D3 not POE and second, snapshotting is an exploit like starting someones car without the key.
I have one question, why can you NOT cast aura's from your alternate set up? you are essentially wearing them, and they stay equipped. This has long bugged me, especcially since gems in those slots get exp (Please dont change that), so why can they not be used?
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
MasterAxe wrote:
I have one question, why can you NOT cast aura's from your alternate set up? you are essentially wearing them, and they stay equipped. This has long bugged me, especcially since gems in those slots get exp (Please dont change that), so why can they not be used?

then they should be using resources though, right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info