Snapshotting

"
"
werezompire wrote:
Will the damage from ground effects from skills like Fire Trap & Desecrate change if you swap weapons after they're created?

Why are people trying so hard to snapshot to begin with? I just dont get it.

It may be possible after the ground is burning and the corpses have been created that they remain even if you switch gems but i do hope they look into this as well.

I told it like it should be done some time ago, make all gear set on the char in any instance but the town instance to remove any kind of gear swapping in battle.

I wasn't talking about removing gems; I was talking about using gems in your secondary weapon/shield slots. They obviously intend for people to be able to have secondary skills attached to a second slot of equipment or they wouldn't have a swap weapon button or the second slot of equipment in the first place so I was just checking to see how it works. And using those second weapon/shield slots is the only way to equip more than 8 abilities at a time which is something that many summoners could really use.

Abilities that create something relatively permanent like a minion or totem adjust on the fly depending on your active equipment. I assume one-of spells (like a fireball) use whatever equipment you have at the time you cast it. Something like Desecrate is a weird in-between case where I could see it going either way which is why I asked for clarification.
"
werezompire wrote:
"
"
werezompire wrote:
Will the damage from ground effects from skills like Fire Trap & Desecrate change if you swap weapons after they're created?

Why are people trying so hard to snapshot to begin with? I just dont get it.

It may be possible after the ground is burning and the corpses have been created that they remain even if you switch gems but i do hope they look into this as well.

I told it like it should be done some time ago, make all gear set on the char in any instance but the town instance to remove any kind of gear swapping in battle.

I wasn't talking about removing gems; I was talking about using gems in your secondary weapon/shield slots. They obviously intend for people to be able to have secondary skills attached to a second slot of equipment or they wouldn't have a swap weapon button or the second slot of equipment in the first place so I was just checking to see how it works. And using those second weapon/shield slots is the only way to equip more than 8 abilities at a time which is something that many summoners could really use.

Abilities that create something relatively permanent like a minion or totem adjust on the fly depending on your active equipment. I assume one-of spells (like a fireball) use whatever equipment you have at the time you cast it. Something like Desecrate is a weird in-between case where I could see it going either way which is why I asked for clarification.

This is about snap shot fixing not about weapon switching with pressing X. So you should be fine.

Have a nice day. :)
There is no way weapon swap will mean more then what it is your reading too much into it.
Weapon swap is simply to allow you to level up more gems.

I agree with you thoug that summoners will have room issues.

@ mark_ggg
it's not directly related to snapshotting but is there any chance that arctic armor doesn't have to be recast after every area transition after the patch?

if no, what makes it different from auras?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Nevermind...
IGN=ZeroLooper
Last edited by HeisenbergBlue on Jun 26, 2014, 11:30:44 AM
"
Nevermind...

...OK.
"

I get what you are saying here, but wouldn't it make more sense to rally behind something like improving current minion gems instead of showing disdain over a mechanic change? I would much rather have the minion damage gem boosted and changed so that it is more damage instead of increased damage. That change alone could make the gem far more versatile and decrease the hurt from lack of mine/trap damage increases.

I'd say this is more of a need than a want at this point. People keep talking about how 'op' summoners are with and without snapshotting, but those same people likely haven't logged any time at all on an end game summoner without snapshotting or a 6L. A summoner should be able to perform adequately in end game maps by summoning a non-snapshotted, 5L minion, and that's just not possible at this point in time. Making the minion damage gem multiplicative, rather than additive, would at least bring us one step closer to such.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
"
JNF wrote:
"

I get what you are saying here, but wouldn't it make more sense to rally behind something like improving current minion gems instead of showing disdain over a mechanic change? I would much rather have the minion damage gem boosted and changed so that it is more damage instead of increased damage. That change alone could make the gem far more versatile and decrease the hurt from lack of mine/trap damage increases.

I'd say this is more of a need than a want at this point. People keep talking about how 'op' summoners are with and without snapshotting, but those same people likely haven't logged any time at all on an end game summoner without snapshotting or a 6L. A summoner should be able to perform adequately in end game maps by summoning a non-snapshotted, 5L minion, and that's just not possible at this point in time. Making the minion damage gem multiplicative, rather than additive, would at least bring us one step closer to such.

What i want to know is, do summoner users expect to summon 1 thing and let it last forever and be tanky as hell? because that is not the point of a summoner, you summon stuff, it dies, you summon more stuff, the cycle is endless.
can you buff again facebreaker? now that all the build can do 200k+ dps I feel kind of weak with my 30k max dps and weak defenses.

At least then nerf builds like spectral throw
Forum pvp
Snapshotting, and specking in and out of passive nodes seems cheesy and exploitative... I'm here talking about situational exploiting, where one set of skills, armor, and passives are used for one stage of Atziri, while another are used on the next... The rich being able to easily throw around their passives seems a bit silly.

Any chance we can put a limit on how often you can spec out of and back into the same node? This could be a hard timer delay required, or a softer system to discourage extensive use.

One way to do this is to make respecs cost an ever increasing amount... First 1-10 times = 1 regret, uses 11-30 = 2 regrets, uses 31-50 = 3 regrets, 51-70 = 4 regret, or similar.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info