Snapshotting

"
robmafia wrote:
...what? hahahahahahahaha. you got me.

Good on you buddy, accepting is the first step.

Keep it up,

ign bonifaciox ROA marauder
ign daming_alaga arc summoner
"
"
robmafia wrote:
"

I expect nothing less of people who use an exploit and call it legitimate.

please explain how it's an "exploit" to use 2 sets of weapons/shields. you know, the same ones we have equipped. you know, pressing the "X" key.

gooooooood luck.

They should remove the weapon swap too.

wtf is wrong with u dude?! :D i rly dont get it... its no harass at all! - seems like u rly h8 everything that does not fit in your own little world when u play poe - and everything has to get removed! :D

dont get me wrong but u rly sound a little bit crazy sometimes tho!
"
My 2 cents on Spectres is, why not let us swap out support gems to raise different ones?

It's not that we are going to get more than the usual amount now is it? We are just trying to optimize the ones we raise in the first place.
Yes let them disappear if we remove the raise specter Gem/gear we used to raise them in the first place , otherwise no harm is done by trying to diversify our build/defense/offense.

this, has been already suggestet earlier - but nice to hear it again! - i think this would be fair to all the summoners! - but soon u will read! "synergy advantage, etc. etc... "as 4 of the same have no synergy! :D
"
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
enkaekae wrote:
Does that mean that If I cast RF with my searing touch
and then swap to other weapon, RF's damage will be
recalculated according to the new weapon?
Yes.

"
enkaekae wrote:
And If you remove the gem, it is recalculated without supports,
and If you put back the gem, it is again recalculated?
No. If you remove the gem, it can no longer tell which supports should count, as no supports are technically equipped to the gem - so it uses the last known information about the skill when the gem was equipped - the set of supports that were equipped at the point the gem was removed will persist.

Another post on here somewhere points out the ability to swap a +1 tabula rasa for a koams heart while keeping the RF running with the old supports...

So, why not then treat the removed RF as if it has no supports?

Seems that, otherwise, you'll still have some snapshotting going on...

this wont be able anymore - there are some posts about it on this thread! - im sry that im so lazy but u have to look up by urself for the answer if u wont get any good one!
I suggest to all to stop letting robmafia dominate this thread. He's obviously not understanding/accepting the information he's been repeatedly provided. Mark has offered to discuss the issue in greater depth in private for the express purpose of letting this thread be about other people's questions / comments regarding the OP. Last I knew, robmafia has refused Mark's offer in favor of rabblerousing here. That in and of itself should send a pretty loud and clear message as to what robmafia's intent and goals are.

I look forward to potentially reading more between Mark and the community on this (long overdue) change.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:
"
gingasteve wrote:

You have one 6-link chest or two-handed weapon to socket your raise spectre gem in, you summon your first 2 spectres (offensive) 5 support gems used, you then switch 3 of these support gems for 3 different support gems for your defensive spectre, then another 2 swapped for your utility spectre. That's 5+3+2=10 support gems used + raise spectre meaning you essentially have an 11 link chest. Because whilst you have all these spectres you are gaining the effects of all the support gems you have used. Yes it is more fun for you, yes it clearly gives you an advantage. Which is why i for one am glad to see the back of snapshotting.

\o/

when exactly does each 5L supported spectre magically become a '10 support gem spectre?' or an "11 link chest?" are they like voltron or mecha shiva, where you think having 2 5L spectres magically means you have 10 support gem spectres?

please, by all means - explain how having 4 5L spectres = a "11 link chest." exactly when do the spectres combine/multiply their links with each other? are they titan maximum? the destructicons/devastator?

...wtf are you talking about? i love how the biggest critics of summoners HAVE NO IDEA what spectres are.

Let me try explaining since you failed to comprehend over and over again in this thread.

- You want 4 spectres active at once but with different supports for each of them. Say 5 supports each, but you just want to use one 6L to do this.

- Another player is melee and uses Dual Strike with multi-target supports and Double Strike single target supports.

If you are able to to summon 4 spectres each with 5 different supports using one 6L item, then the melee player should be allowed to do the same with Double Strike and Dual Strike. i.e. Use one 6L item with both Dual Strike and Double Strike optimized for mutli-target and single target with 5 supports each.

If you can see why it is wrong to allow this for the melee player then you will see why it is wrong for your 4 spectres using snapshotting. If you can't see this then...

so basically we should remove all the spectres and allow just 1 spectre so we have 1spectre with 5supports! otherwise we would always have 4 spectres with 5supports each! thats so unfair lets remove it! - dude its a little bit wrong and shitty what i write but its basically the finish of ur startet thinking! - so we could remove the summoner completly from the game!

also what ur doing is little bit supercrazy!

comparing differend (completly different classes) and completly different playstylez - with eachother, is definetly not the right way to look in it!

if u compare 2 F1 cars from topspeed then its ok - but dont compare a f1 - car topspeed with a mach10 supernuker jet! - and thats what ur doing there!

so ill try the argument from u guys - but reverse it!

i get what u want! but the 4l double and another 4lsingle will be more viable! and if u switch out 1 gem u dont have to cast anything else! its already castet and ur ready to go! ur free to hit every ass that gets in your way!

it would be the same if a summoner tells u - NO they have to cast that spell for 10x and then will be able to attacke! GGG this is so unfair! - u see what i write, its ridiculous!

no offense just a hint! - and english is not my native language! :D

so because i'm not conversing with mark (notice the lack of posts directed to him?) means that i shouldn't post in this thread?

statements like these help explain the wonderful insight i keep reading in this thread...
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
dvdfong wrote:
I am sorry if someone else have already posted this but please consider keeping spectres persist after disconnect. On bad days I just stay in town and sort stash. Thanks!

the dev. team already suggestet that they will somehow change this! - i dunno exactly how - but at the future u wont worry as much anymore if u play a summoner and have to raise ur minions again! :D - they will stay!
"
"
robmafia wrote:
"

I generally don't like doing this, because it is quite obvious that you are inclined not to admit that what you are proposing is indeed snapshotting, but a lot of what you are saying here is just reaching. First and foremost, the skill only raises 1 spectre on it's own, you have to augment it through the passive tree and gear for more, so saying each spec is only 20% of the skill is a ludicrous reasoning when comparing it to an attack skill.

HOW/WHY?

that's precisely the point - one needs to sacrifice a lot of passive skill points AND defense AND offense due to the need to use summoning gear to augment it. how is it unfair, even remotely? the drawbacks are MASSIVE.

I explained both how and why (and even the reasoning for it being unfair) in the rest of my post, the stuff you did not quote. Furthermore, you never answered my question. So I will put it out there again...

Why should summoners be allowed to have one single skill that creates 2-4 different spectres with different supports that can all be "used" at the same time, but no other build has a skill with such a capability?

Is it because a summoner must make such a massive passive tree commitment? Every build has to do that to be viable.
Again, you are applying logic to the skill that you outright ignore in others. You can use the spectre gem without a ton of sacrifice. With minimal investment, you can get two spectres and three with just adding the bones of ullr as well. That literally leaves every other gear slot open for whatever stats you are looking for. If you are looking for more spectres, then guess what? You are investing in both defense and offense by getting that mod! It is a powerful one, too, as there is only one place in the entire passive tree to get such an enhancement. There are pros and cons to such a gain. The pro is the additional DPS/Shield/Whatever in the form of a spectre, the loss is a basic line of defense that would directly apply to you.

Massive drawbacks or not, allowing for a snapshot spectre is not a viable solution.

yeah thats true! - all other classes have a 100% netgain on them selves, as a summoner u need to buff urself (so u can survive, and your minions) - if u do both - some points are 100% loss to you, cuz the points only buff the zombies etc... - and if u want some nice endgame summoner items - they all have a huge drawback! - and all the other items, the amu, ullr etc... oh cmon! :D i saw a ton of ppl throwing it away already in cruel!
"
robmafia wrote:
so because i'm not conversing with mark (notice the lack of posts directed to him?) means that i shouldn't post in this thread?

statements like these help explain the wonderful insight i keep reading in this thread...

dude nothing against u! i also wrote something about it on this forums - but if i would get that kind of question or offer id eat and old slumpy tire that has been somewhere for several years!

he offers u an ear (and from the comments in hear) u said kinda no!

if i would get an offer like this... oh i alrdy explained it! :)

just another question! is it allowed to write to mark some suggestions or someone else from the dev. team?!

know nothing about it! so thx for any useful help/answer!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info