Snapshotting

Thanks for the clarifications im gonna take a break and see what happens
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
My 2 cents on Spectres is, why not let us swap out support gems to raise different ones?

It's not that we are going to get more than the usual amount now is it? We are just trying to optimize the ones we raise in the first place.
Yes let them disappear if we remove the raise specter Gem/gear we used to raise them in the first place , otherwise no harm is done by trying to diversify our build/defense/offense.
To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.
Possible fix for rf is to increase its dmg with %spell dmg the same way %fire dmg effects it now. This way players could make up most of the lost dmg, if not all and may even have some try using rf with other spells to do extra dmg
Last edited by MakoPower on Jun 19, 2014, 5:25:57 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
enkaekae wrote:
Does that mean that If I cast RF with my searing touch
and then swap to other weapon, RF's damage will be
recalculated according to the new weapon?
Yes.

"
enkaekae wrote:
And If you remove the gem, it is recalculated without supports,
and If you put back the gem, it is again recalculated?
No. If you remove the gem, it can no longer tell which supports should count, as no supports are technically equipped to the gem - so it uses the last known information about the skill when the gem was equipped - the set of supports that were equipped at the point the gem was removed will persist.

Another post on here somewhere points out the ability to swap a +1 tabula rasa for a koams heart while keeping the RF running with the old supports...

So, why not then treat the removed RF as if it has no supports?

Seems that, otherwise, you'll still have some snapshotting going on...
"
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
enkaekae wrote:
Does that mean that If I cast RF with my searing touch
and then swap to other weapon, RF's damage will be
recalculated according to the new weapon?
Yes.

"
enkaekae wrote:
And If you remove the gem, it is recalculated without supports,
and If you put back the gem, it is again recalculated?
No. If you remove the gem, it can no longer tell which supports should count, as no supports are technically equipped to the gem - so it uses the last known information about the skill when the gem was equipped - the set of supports that were equipped at the point the gem was removed will persist.

Another post on here somewhere points out the ability to swap a +1 tabula rasa for a koams heart while keeping the RF running with the old supports...

So, why not then treat the removed RF as if it has no supports?

Seems that, otherwise, you'll still have some snapshotting going on...

So basicly my redbeaks dont work anymore but i can still use carcass jack cast then swap armors and still get the aoe bonus. This seems foolish to me, if ur removing the gem the skill should shut off
thank you _o_ :*
IGN TheGoodWitch(Standard)
Love the change as long as I can still OP Dominus farm with my RF marauder. Maybe less OP but i'll deal.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Like the poison cloud, it's a direct effect of the skill being used by the trap mine.

Then will trap/mine still effect zombies since they don't use skills? Or is it because the zombies are a new object and not flagged as part of the trap/mine?
"
winniethewhor wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Like the poison cloud, it's a direct effect of the skill being used by the trap mine.

Then will trap/mine still effect zombies since they don't use skills? Or is it because the zombies are a new object and not flagged as part of the trap/mine?
Zombies do use skills - the basic melee attack is still a skill, just not an exciting one. The point is that that's the zombie performing an action, not the trap/mine, so it won't count as trap/mine damage.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jun 19, 2014, 7:33:36 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
winniethewhor wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Zombies do use skills - the basic melee attack is still a skill, just not an exciting one. The point is that that's the zombie performing an action, not the trap/mine, so it won't count as trap/mine damage.

RIP Remote Mine on my zombie link I guess. Has the mana cost of Raise Zombie been looked at to account for these changes? Right now zombies are quite literally the most expensive skill in the game per cast.

EDIT: I've also had a hard time understand these different spectre changes too. Can I only spectre one type of monster now per gem? I understand I can't change the links around, but can I summmon X different spectres still?
Last edited by winniethewhor on Jun 19, 2014, 8:42:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info